I was intrigued by Kateen Flower Decoration and other mysteries related to Kateen Forest maps so I decided to give it a go at figuring it out.
If anyone has any useful information or feels like contributing, please go ahead and post! Knowing those secret ToS quests it will take more than one person to figure out.
First, here’s a list of old information I gathered up:
Here’s some extra screenshots for convenience and info, which I consider, might be relevant:
Soldier souls near owl statue at Entrance to Kateen Forest sometime speak of a “returning demon”.
(Sounds to me like: a) he is referring to the cause of their death, or b) he apologizes for something that happened between soldiers and the owl. My bet is on a though and that it’s not relevant.)
Stone slab in Owls Burial Ground:
There is an interactive gravestone in Owls Burial Ground that displays a message.
There is a large boulder in Owls Burial Ground:
At the end of it’s quests Weak Old Sculpture at Nualpes Lowland in Owls Burial Ground asks you to pray at Garden of Consolation (in Owls Burial Ground) for souls of soldiers which it tended to (what was the purpose of it’s quests). (My bet is this is irrelevant though.)
Supposedly there is a hidden achievement quest " Owl Burial Ground Test" at Owls Burial Ground. I haven’t yet seen it’s starting NPC though. It is likely unrelated to other hidden Kateen quests though.
There is a soul collection gimmick in Saknis Plain.
Knowing these kinds of gimmicks and the population of nearby monsters it is a SADISTIC one. I never tried to complete it. It probably takes a lot of effort while possibly being a dead end. If anyone has ever tried completing this, please post!
Take note, that supposedly this stone pillar can be killed by a Puragi linking with it. Watch out for that!
The Saknis Plains’ Explaining Owl has always been at it’s spot for me. This owl has two dialogues.
(To me this sounds a bit like “Hi fellow owls” - like it’s not a real spirit-guiding owl.)
Explaining Owl's texts
There are a few dormant interactions in the bottom parts of Poslinkis forest.
None of the quests of this map are using these interactions. This map is also related to Cryomancer quest “Private matter” (which temporarily spawns an altar on that map) and Nak Muai unlock quest but neither is using these interactions.
The Broken Horn is controversial. Supposedly it has never been confirmed to exist.
Here’s some of my thoughts, theories and tips:
- Considering the number of mysterious spots and time that has passed since “Kateen Flower Decoration” has been in the game files I am assuming that there is a hidden undiscovered quest rather than an unfinished one.
- Take note that “Kateen Flower” referes to all maps of Kateen Forest, not necessarily just “Entrance of Kateen Forest”.
- I believe Awoooo’s “lighting up candles” theory is incorrect. It might be simply a matter of game visual settings. The candles in Entrance to Kateen Forest have never looked any different for me than like the ones of the screenshot.
- My guess is that Sleeping Owl Statue with soldier spirits need to be triggered manually upon meeting some condition. I assume this because of the interaction icon when you hover your mouse over it.
- The above should be true also for Stone Slab in Owls Burial Ground.
- It is probably safer to make experiments after completing all owl sculpture quests in ToS as some/all of them might be a part of trigger condition.
WinterChase seems to be describing Storage Quarter’s “Freedom” quest of making an owl sculpture and leading lost souls.
I have found no information on this “Emancipation” quest however. WinterChase is describing a “stone slab” and “cave”. Possibly that’s related to Owls Burial Ground’s stone slab and boulder?
(I have yet to investigate Storage Quarter.)
- I don’t know how/where to find most of these texts from greyheim’s post. All I could find is the Scout’s message (he is at the very bottom of Entrance to Kateen Forest) and Tesla’s dialogue of regaining consciousness.