Tree of Savior Forum

Secret to entrance of kateen forest + hidden flower hat

theres been a mystery surrounding kateen forest for over a year now, and recently more and more people are requesting to know about the kateen flower headpiece

now id like to bring up this topic again, as theres a secret npc in kateen forest named “troubadour” who appears in multiple different spots in kateen forest during different times of the day.

personally ive encountered him twice, in 2 different spots. both times he says a few things then ends with “id like to help you, but i must go soon”

now i cannot confirm the kateen flower hat is in the game, but what i can confirm is that theres still an unsolved mystery surrounding the map

also the restless owl statue surrounded by blue spirits will most likely be involved

7 Likes

i thought maybe by “your lonesome friend” he was referring to my hoglan so i disbanded him and tried to talk again but havnt had any success

also i tried sitting down and talking to him, similar to another hidden quest. didnt do anything.

id like this thread to be about possible ways to trigger this hidden npc to offer something to us!

1 Like

interesting!!! ive been really wanting the hat for awhile, but now with this i wanna spend more time on that map and see if something else happens… regardless of whether or not its related.

have you wandered around the map more after talking to him?

yes i havnt seen anything unusual and you still cant talk to the restless owl statue after talking to him

ive seen troubadour also at Uzesy hill, a section of kateen forest to the northwest

ill spend some time investigating there and see if i can figure something out.

next time you see him can you cap all his dialogue? if its not too much trouble

he says something like “talk to the owl statues, dont listen to me im just a leaf in the wind, find an owl on birch wood”

looks like he stood at my location for an hour, last time i found him he immediately disappeared after. not sure if its always 1 hour spawn

Wow. Interesting. Thank you.

In order:

let’s get that hat…

2 Likes

me and vau were looking around for a good 20 mins and havnt found anything, goodluck to anyone thats tried. id recommend reporting the next time you see the troubadour. currently theres 2 confirmed spots he can spawn at

the quest might be similar to other hidden quests in which you need to have specific tradable items in your inventory to start the quest, so i encourage everyone to talk to the troubadour even if you think you wont discover anything someone else hasnt already found out.

1 Like

I recall seeing a old thread about this before, sad still no solution.

Is this related to the sleeping owl?

yes i posted there about it, but my comments were removed because for some reason all my posts/threads/comments/likes were deleted from someone mass-flagging me

@ralphdeduyo

probably, cant confirm

1 Like

…i remember there’s a broken horn that spawns equally randomly in orsha?? saw that in a thread once

not sure what youre talking about?

ahh ok, youre talking about the tosneet webpage which shows all hidden triggers for a specific map.

most of those triggers involve either unfinished quests or class-advancement quests.

call me crazy but half the time i hunt down those hidden triggers i become convinced im looking at absolutely nothing

1 Like

possible update to the clue hunt!

koreans newest patch has had the following changes to kateen forest

“To Entrance of Kateen Forest
- The quests name will be changed
- The conditions for completing the quest wil be changed.”

1 Like