Tree of Savior Forum

The Secret Of Kateen Forest

Maybe! I’m definitely not crossing that out as a possibility. However as this is a relatively early level set of maps with links to various other maps I feel like there’s still more to it. I can understand later areas in the game/development being more incomplete though, like missing items for recipes and so on.

We’ve been told elsewhere on the forums in the past that there are secrets still undiscovered, so I’m keeping an open/positive mind that it’s “functioning as intended”, as the support team like to cryptically put it.

Primeiramente peço desculpas por não estar postando em inglês,peço que alguem traduza meu post se possível.

Os npcs em volta da árvore dormindo estão tentando acordá-la, um npc diz “Como podemos acordar esse cara”, acredito que o npc
Troubadour seja a resposta para acordá-la,a canção que ele conta deve ser a chave,talves digitar a canção ou algumas palavras chaves que esta
em sua canção.

tl:dr
This guy idea is to sing the troubadour song to the owl (type it on chat) or just some key words.
Some thing like mimic what those npcs around the owl are doing, trying to wake up it shouting.

1 Like

@Awoooo do you have any idea on what @VnZzz said? about the troubadour song? i have none LOL :slight_smile: @VnZzz please elaborate more thanks :slight_smile: this really got me interested… hmm

Ohhh yah now i remembered @VnZzz sometime past when doing some quests about this maps linking to the owl’s burial ground the song “troubadour” was mentioned on one of the NPC’s maybe that’s the trigger, the question is how to trigger it as you have said, maybe ill try when i pass by again doing achievement and stuffs…

Been researching about Kateen and I found this. Seems like a good way to read on tsv files like OP mentioned (but online).

I suggest looking up Goddess Ausrine, Tesla, Sequoia, and The Story of Karolis.
Might be a good place to look for clues.

BTW, I tried waking the sleeping owl with Vuvuzela noise. lmao
Haven’t encountered Troubadour tho. :c

Has anyone tried his idea? Entering the words Troubadour said, to the sleeping owl.

2 Likes

There are new owl quests in Karolis and Letas. Not sure if I just missed it or they were part of the added quests from the big patch. Perhaps we need to finish all owl related quests first. Then maybe look into waking the sleeping owl. Goddess Vakarine wakes up Ausrine, and Gabija is the fire goddess. So maybe that’s something. I’m really trying here hoping it would lead to the Kateen Flower Decoration. Lol

BTW, I’m in Orsha. Add me up if you wanna chat or try something. IGN: swy2th

@swy2th LOL! you really did try it? hahaha! i LMAO when i read your reply, me on the other hand didnt yet. hmmm this is really interesting specially the ones you’ve found out at github. @Awoooo still alive there? there’s a new lead if you misread some NPC dialogs refer to @swy2th’s post.

I’m alive. There’s just nothing valuable I have to add right now. They’re interesting theories but without something new being demonstrated in game they’re just theorycrafting.

I haven’t found anything that does anything lately. However I haven’t completed all new quests yet.

Has anyone noticed the bonfires from the quest lighting up? I think they light up when u get an NPC to talk about owls. As for the spirit NPC north of the map, he talks about resting so I think the bonfire seems to be the key. Maybe find the right spot to place it.

I have camped Orsha for 2 weeks now, no Broken Horn at all. I didn’t find more clues about Tesla through dialogues. I think the stone pillars throughout ToS maps, and the boulder in Owl Burial Ground are related to the owls. Yes, my bonfires light up when I have spoken to all spirit NPCs.

Clues encountered <<Click here < /details>

I think Tesla himself is either an immortal, a fallen God, or a spirit.

2 Likes

Time to reopen this mystery that has lasted a solid year so far. Today while exploring Kateen forest a couple of us encountered something that has not been mined by the database sites. A Test Decoy that will appear and disappear in different locations on the map.

The second screenshot taken by @MyriadColors occurred just after it had disappeared for Myri.

Neither of us have interacted with it yet, nor hit it. It does not show as an NPC using the Rader addon and it is not listed on Neet or other database sites for the map.

EDIT: This can probably be disregarded entirely actually. It turns out there is a quest on the map I forgot about that allows you to place these Test Decoys as a distraction to attract monsters.

Shame. :confused:

I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Troubadour NPC can be visible to one player but not visible to another player. It has different world triggers that have to be individually triggered in order for him to be visible.

This to me signals that there is a multi-map trigger going on here.

1 Like

Data on kateen (katyn)

Secret quest

https://tos.neet.tv/quests/19014

Maybe this is a merc post party quest, I don’t remember…

I think that troubadour npc is most likely relatd to the pied piper class that is not out yet, since he’s name in russian means pipe blower as in a musicion.

1 Like

A good possibility.

Perhaps we discovered parts of his hidden quest, long before we ever need it.

The mythical instrument that was once discussed and is supposed to spawn on top of Orsha’s bell tower would make a LOT of sense in that case.

Solid theory. Will be very interesting to see what happens when it releases.

1 Like

That would be pretty interesting.
Given the level of the areas for quests, would make it either another r5 hidden (which would be cool, and unique to archers) or maybe r6.

The test decoys… were they only spotted within that area of the map, or other parts of the same map?
Sometimes, quest items can only be used within a certain area (or atleast with the default V key, I’m not sure about through the inventory) and nowhere else in the map.
If the decoys spawn outside of that general area, the finding could still be linked to the mystery.

On a bit of a segway… the Pied Piper’s outfit doesnt really have any colors that match the Kateen forest flower hat.
This might mean it may not be a prize for Pipers (like Wugushi’s unique hat) for becoming a Piper, and could be a separate quest. Could still be, though. (Wugushi’s doesn’t match up to the class outfit too much.)

1 Like

The test decoys are extremely likely to be a dead end. They’re usable anywhere on the map during the quest.

As an aside, this is what would have happened if all the hidden classes were actually hidden and weren’t easily mineable. Community hunts would have been a fun component and widescale activity people would have participated in, although that would have only been for ktos unless the dev schedule switched to simultaneous global releases for hidden classes.

1 Like

Yeah agreed.
Also, Kateen’s theme bears alot of resemblance to the Pied Piper’s real life story. The Piper lured the rats and children away from the town, the owls of the forest guide the dead spirits of the forest.

Actually, I think I can contribute some more to this.
A few maps over in Saknis, theres an owl behind a tree you can speak to. If you do, they mention something along the lines of ‘taking a break from guiding souls of the forest’.

They offer no quests, aren’t a quest-completion npc (to my knowledge) for the area’s quests, nor seem to say much else. They’ve been there almost every time I’ve gone to the area, though.

Still, the area they’re at is strangely placed and I’m 99% pretty sure they were not there before my hiatus in September.
People usually run the perimeter of maps to finish the map, after all. Apologies if this may have been debunked already… :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I’m really curious. I check https://tos.neet.tv/zones/1151 and found the Foreseeing Owl, and also ‘For summon an Owl’. Did you remember what did you do? Because I go to that place and found no owl.

I checked again just now. The Foreseeing Owl is there, but I’ve never seen one at the other spot.

I can’t think of anything I’ve done in particular… he’s just always been there for me, hidden behind the tree.