Tree of Savior Forum

The Secret Of Kateen Forest

Did you ever see anything in your travels over on Inven that even suggests that horn exists? Everything I ever found with the help of Korean speakers on Inven was just Korean asking if anyone had ever found it or whether it actually existed.

We contacted the map maker and received no response regarding it.

Not sure if it’s a false lead as there doesn’t seem to be any evidence it exists at all except for that map, and the map makers themselves aren’t available to explain how they decided that Troubadour was linked to an item that seemingly has never spawned for anyone ever.

Something seems a bit off with the information about the item in Orsha to be honest, unless something corroborating it shows up I feel like it’s unreliable. Though that musical theory fits, the screenshots of lit candles seem really compelling with the NPCs that talk about candles lighting the way for spirits.

About the Stone Slab, on iCBT it gave some kind of buff if I’m not mistaken but only once I was able to get it and I don’t remember what I did so it would work. :disappointed:

Let me join the fun cause i do find this strange too :smiley:

Hrm… unfortunately that’s all what I found in inven too. People asking if it exists then some asking where they got the info etc.

Though I’ve seen some people talk about the chests found in the database of Orsha and speculates that it might contain the horn, if it even existed. It’s really just weird that nobody has gotten the horn despite being camped to the point it looks like it’s harder than the Shinobi flower or the Thurisaz Rune.

This could be one of the chests but it’s probably used for a quest or anything for all we know.
https://tos.neet.tv/npcs/40032

@Awoooo Hi, i think this is related to a quest or hidden quest ( not sure though if its *hidden, i just followed some guide on the net) and can be done on STORAGE QUARTER (MAP LVL 211) almost all you said on your thread is related (on my opinion) on that quest. I have posted screen shots to share and for you to review it. Remember to talk to all NPC’s (therefore going back to Deivdirby’s Master on West Siauliai Woods) to activate this quest.

I hope this will/can help on your theory about the candles and owl statues and sculptures.

these are the candles that shouldnt be blown off, i dont have any effects when playing… just imajine it lighted haha!

here i just finished guiding lost spirits on this owl sculpture…

1 Like

@Awoooo ,

I forgot to mention , the quest has something to do with the spirits roaming around this map that is linked or cant find its way home (OWL’s BURIAL GROUND) anyways to sum it all i think this is only “a part” of the hidden quest because there’s still a puzzle unsolved on the owls burial map that requires explanation (something on a cave and a stone slab?? i forgot) hahaha! well i hope you got what i mean…

4 Likes

That’s interesting. Hrrm.

I think camping/chasing possible spawns is not going to be a good way to use time.

For now the most obvious lead for people to be trying is methods to light the candles as we can see that somehow it’s possible. There may also be information on how that’s done on the various ktos forums too, I haven’t had someone able to look since the image with lit candles was brought to my attention.

Given that one of the guards on the Kateen Forest map talks about the candles being required to guide souls, and the sign also saying not to blow them out, there’s a lot of hints.

Also potentially of value here is the origin of the Owls themselves. Another guard brings up that they’re all carved by one man - the Dievdirby Master screenshotted above in @its4r0only’s post. He may be linked to something regarding waking up the sleeping Owl in some way. Unfortunately there may be other triggers necessary to getting any info/special occurrence to happen with him first.

I don’t think these NPCs and backstories were created purely for lore or story-flavour.

If anyone has seen anything else that could cross over or coincide with Owls or any of these things, all possibilities are worth getting listed here so that others with ideas might also bring them up. One area of the game I’m lacking in is the extra-text you can read on many quests, I’ve not read 90% of them throughout the game and I get a feeling some may have hints within them. If there’s a resource anywhere for reading NPC speech that could be useful to us to run searches through.

EDIT: Apparently or speech can be read and searched using notepad++ in this folder.

\release\languageData\English

Open all of them into notepad++ at the same time and use ctrl+f searches to search all documents at once.

It may turn something up. Unfortunately nothing on Sleeping Owl right now, but I noticed that the Troubadour NPC doesn’t use the same name for his speech, instead he uses “wandering bard”. This may be the same for other NPCs.

If anything does exist it’s hiding in those files somewhere.

1 Like

@Awoooo maybe its possible that some of your theories is/are not yet implemented and may be implemented soon sincce the game is only on its early stages, anyways as intriguing as it is i hope some of us can solve this or shed a light on these theories haha! as for now i think its happy hunting investigating and exploring to us…

Maybe! I’m definitely not crossing that out as a possibility. However as this is a relatively early level set of maps with links to various other maps I feel like there’s still more to it. I can understand later areas in the game/development being more incomplete though, like missing items for recipes and so on.

We’ve been told elsewhere on the forums in the past that there are secrets still undiscovered, so I’m keeping an open/positive mind that it’s “functioning as intended”, as the support team like to cryptically put it.

Primeiramente peço desculpas por não estar postando em inglês,peço que alguem traduza meu post se possível.

Os npcs em volta da árvore dormindo estão tentando acordá-la, um npc diz “Como podemos acordar esse cara”, acredito que o npc
Troubadour seja a resposta para acordá-la,a canção que ele conta deve ser a chave,talves digitar a canção ou algumas palavras chaves que esta
em sua canção.

tl:dr
This guy idea is to sing the troubadour song to the owl (type it on chat) or just some key words.
Some thing like mimic what those npcs around the owl are doing, trying to wake up it shouting.

1 Like

@Awoooo do you have any idea on what @VnZzz said? about the troubadour song? i have none LOL :slight_smile: @VnZzz please elaborate more thanks :slight_smile: this really got me interested… hmm

Ohhh yah now i remembered @VnZzz sometime past when doing some quests about this maps linking to the owl’s burial ground the song “troubadour” was mentioned on one of the NPC’s maybe that’s the trigger, the question is how to trigger it as you have said, maybe ill try when i pass by again doing achievement and stuffs…

Been researching about Kateen and I found this. Seems like a good way to read on tsv files like OP mentioned (but online).

I suggest looking up Goddess Ausrine, Tesla, Sequoia, and The Story of Karolis.
Might be a good place to look for clues.

BTW, I tried waking the sleeping owl with Vuvuzela noise. lmao
Haven’t encountered Troubadour tho. :c

Has anyone tried his idea? Entering the words Troubadour said, to the sleeping owl.

2 Likes

There are new owl quests in Karolis and Letas. Not sure if I just missed it or they were part of the added quests from the big patch. Perhaps we need to finish all owl related quests first. Then maybe look into waking the sleeping owl. Goddess Vakarine wakes up Ausrine, and Gabija is the fire goddess. So maybe that’s something. I’m really trying here hoping it would lead to the Kateen Flower Decoration. Lol

BTW, I’m in Orsha. Add me up if you wanna chat or try something. IGN: swy2th

@swy2th LOL! you really did try it? hahaha! i LMAO when i read your reply, me on the other hand didnt yet. hmmm this is really interesting specially the ones you’ve found out at github. @Awoooo still alive there? there’s a new lead if you misread some NPC dialogs refer to @swy2th’s post.

I’m alive. There’s just nothing valuable I have to add right now. They’re interesting theories but without something new being demonstrated in game they’re just theorycrafting.

I haven’t found anything that does anything lately. However I haven’t completed all new quests yet.

Has anyone noticed the bonfires from the quest lighting up? I think they light up when u get an NPC to talk about owls. As for the spirit NPC north of the map, he talks about resting so I think the bonfire seems to be the key. Maybe find the right spot to place it.

I have camped Orsha for 2 weeks now, no Broken Horn at all. I didn’t find more clues about Tesla through dialogues. I think the stone pillars throughout ToS maps, and the boulder in Owl Burial Ground are related to the owls. Yes, my bonfires light up when I have spoken to all spirit NPCs.

Clues encountered <<Click here < /details>

I think Tesla himself is either an immortal, a fallen God, or a spirit.

2 Likes

Time to reopen this mystery that has lasted a solid year so far. Today while exploring Kateen forest a couple of us encountered something that has not been mined by the database sites. A Test Decoy that will appear and disappear in different locations on the map.

The second screenshot taken by @MyriadColors occurred just after it had disappeared for Myri.

Neither of us have interacted with it yet, nor hit it. It does not show as an NPC using the Rader addon and it is not listed on Neet or other database sites for the map.

EDIT: This can probably be disregarded entirely actually. It turns out there is a quest on the map I forgot about that allows you to place these Test Decoys as a distraction to attract monsters.

Shame. :confused:

I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Troubadour NPC can be visible to one player but not visible to another player. It has different world triggers that have to be individually triggered in order for him to be visible.

This to me signals that there is a multi-map trigger going on here.

1 Like