Tree of Savior Forum

Say NO to 50% Squire - Alchemist - Pardoner Tax!

This also involves the Alchemists and Pardoner’s

IMPORTANT: All who want to help with the cause, just Reply with (I Say no to 50% tax rate for Squire, Alchemist and Pardoner shops!)

:crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords:

Hello everyone, I’m here to talk about the Squire Shop.

Probably you noticed the high prices that Squires are charging to repair your items. Well I’m a Squire and i have to agree, it’s being expensive. But this fact are not going to change, and i’ll explain why not.

Squire’s services has the monstruous and salty 50% tax!!! Yeah, for every sold service the game will take half of you “profit”.

50% GUYS… It’s still unbeliavable to me.

If you spent 10.000 Silvers repairing your itens in a Squire Shop, 5000 will just vanish, the game jus grab it and the poor Squire will have only the other half.

This high TAX turns the Squire repair service in something more expensive than the NPC does (Even if you remove the profit and charge only what you spent for the repairing)

Well… Here is the deal:

• Remove or reduce tax to 10% or something like that. Do it for every single kind of Shop (Squire, Alchemist, Pardoner).

How it will benefict the game and the players?

• Without tax the prices will be VERY lower

• With lower prices, everyone will buy OR buy far more

• If Everbody is using the Squire service, it will cause the shops stocks end up

• If one player or two can’t handle all selling demmands it will bring more Squires and more competition for better prices

People, please help change this reality, exemplifying below to understand how all this charge is absurd.

IMC Needs to talk with us and reworking these rates:

Well the Repair Kit price is (80 Silver)

One White item with 4 Stars, coast 4 Repair Kit = 320 Silver

The game grab’s 50%, so… if the squire offer the service at cost price (80 Silver Each Repair Kit) he will lost 160 Silver…

If the Squire offer the service at the double of the cost (160 Silver Each Repair Kit) he will earn nothing

4x 160 = 640 Silver - 50% = 320 Silver | 4x Repair Kit = 320 Silver

If a Squire wants earn something, he need to put 250 Each

4x 250 Silver = 1000 Silver - 50% = 500 Silver - 320 Silver = 180 Silver

1000 Silver will give a profit of 180 Silver to the Squire…

NPC ask 380 Silver to Repair…

Well Saviors, that’s my point about Squires and his Shop Prices. If you want more Repair, Enhance, Buffs and Gem Roasting and less taxes and charges, try to make this post come to IMC.

• GUIA DE LEVELING - LEVELING GUIDE •

• GUIA DE ALQUIMISTA - ALCHEMIST GUIDE •

• GUIA DE ESCUDEIRO - SQUIRE GUIDE •

• GUIA DE ADDONS - ADDONS GUIDE •

71 Likes

I’m sad to say this but what did you espect? IMC already made it clear that they “hate” crafting classes… i mean they make a class that obviously shine when you can use it as a “economy character” for your team…

BUT they cut half of it’s value by making it impossible for it to trade the earned silver to your other character

Then OFC they will cut even the other half by giving you an insane tax… did you espect any better?

Crafting classes are totally useless in this game as long as there’s no silver team storage and the taxes for such services are lowered by a lot.

7 Likes

Just like I don’t trust trickle down economics, I don’t trust your idea of lowering your taxes so you can bring those saving onto customers.

Admit it, you just want to get 50% richer! >.>

1 Like

I’m not defending the 50% tax, because I think that is a tad high. But silver does however need to “dissapear” one way or the other in order to prevent inflation. The only way to stop inflation is if an equal amount of silver dissapears as is generated.

6 Likes

The point is, no one will pay, because the blacksmith NPC offers infinitely cheaper service, the people just warp to the city, repair and comeback.

The same with the enchantment of weapons, people look and say no, too expensive.

2 Likes

Well, items refine and leveling the attributes cost a lot of silvers

does the tax applies to wep enhancement too? or is it just wep repair

All shopping services

To be fair, I think that’s largely a problem for the start of a server when everyone is skint. I imagine once people get further in the game an get some money freed up, that they’ll consider those services then.

Which doesn’t help those who rushed for it at the beginning hoping to make a buck. But maybe that’s life sometimes. Although I don’t really have a position on this. Because honestly it seems intended as a money sink.

My earlier comment was largely more of a joke than a statement supposed to be taken seriously.

I disagre… today i went into city to repairt and saw 2 squires around… 1 was repairing for 14k, the other for 15k… the NPC repair for 4k… the difference is WAY too much… even if i had more then 500k silver on my char i still went and repaired with the NPC

3 Likes

Well the Repair Kit price is (80 Silver)

One White item with 4 Stars, coast 4 Repair Kit = 320 Silver

The game grab’s 50%, so… if the squire offer the service at cost price (80 Silver Each Repair Kit) he will lost 160 Silver…

If the Squire offer the service at the double of the cost (160 Silver Each Repair Kit) he will earn nothing

4x 160 = 640 Silver - 50% = 320 Silver | 4x Repair Kit = 320 Silver

If a Squire wants earn something, he need to put 250 Each

4x 250 Silver = 1000 Silver - 50% = 500 Silver - 320 Silver = 180 Silver

1000 Silver will give a profit of 180 Silver to the Squire…

NPC ask 380 Silver to Repair…

No matter how much money you have, noone is going to spend 4 times the cost of a npc repair on a squire repair shop.

2 Likes

Well i wasn’t say that squires “steal” or anything… in fact i totally understand why they have such prices… what i said was to explain why the costs crafting classes have really need to be lowered

1 Like

I don’t see the price as the biggest problem, what really bothers me is the low difference it makes. For weapon enhancement it’s even worse… cmon, 24 more damage? I was hitting for 1200 now I hit for 1224? Wonderful! And this is a lv10 upgrade.

They need to make it add like 500 damage to be barely worth (at rank 5 I can do 3-4k damage per hit), or get rid of this retarded system of flat values.

2 Likes

I say no to 50% money sink.

Squires still make profit even if its not a huge amount of profit.

In the last beta squires made ridiculous amounts because people didn’t know the cost of the mats needed.

Oh my server we already have a large amount of squires putting up shops with reasonable prices.

I understood, just putting the numbers on the table kkkkk

Lol you don’t go Squire for money.
You go Alchemist for money.

BRB potions.
Brb Item awakening.
Brb Gem roasting.
Brb riquetting ± % .

I will never get tired of linking this topic.

Templars ( guilds ) can spawn dilgeles ( raw material for making potions ). The supply for making potions is abundant, so alchemists can make tons of potions at little cost. Competition between all the alchemists on the market ( forced to sell from a single location, unlike squires or pardoners who can capitalize on a good spot ) causes pot selling prices to drop so low it’s not worth making them. This scenario happened on kToS, and will likely happen here.

Item Awakening / Briquetting: How are you going to make money off of selling these services, if the game doesn’t allow you to trade silver? You can’t put up a shop for either of these. There’s no way for someone who wants this service to pay you.