Tree of Savior Forum

Trade Restrictions

it’s because its hard to thrive in RMT for silver in current ToS system, and to think if they can profit 1. pay for founder’s pack (more than 1, bot account and seller account) 2. pay for electricity running bot 24 hrs 3. the effort required to actually trade the silver 4. are customers willing to wait or risk for 48 hrs until getting what they paid for knowing that the trade can be flagged as suspicious and get reprimanded. 5. ~2-3$ for all these efforts per transaction which requires around (bot->seller) 48 hrs, (seller->buyer) another 48 hrs = 4 days.
Is the 2 days wait time enticing for potential RMT for silver customers?

Honestly how does b2p stop gold seller?

1. Why not enable silver trade be part of Adventure Journal?
    (24-96 hours in game session or 7 days after joining any server)
    In this case, clearly you need to kick them out of the game before day 8.

2. 5+1 TP for silver trade? Maybe not the best idea since they can spam shout with 1TP Megaphone.

3. Level requirement. Maybe Lv100? Better than nothing.

4. Report button for players. 3 clicks and then bot will go to jail and you can investigate them from there.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan

Thank you :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sad really, since this sort of limitation which doesn’t limit gold sellers and yet still continues to limit limit… ah forget it.

Like one of the posters said, gold sellers are like cockroaches, and there is never a solution to them. The only way to stop their infestation is by not creating a market for them, aka have all players STOP engaging in business with them, which we know is also impossible since there will always be idiots around who still does it.

Also, I agree B2P does not stop gold sellers too. But, by going B2P, we at least have every players being able to TRADE, albeit in a limited capacity… not to mention, we can also have some (if not most) of the other game limitations removed (increased warehouse storage capacity for example).

Die in hell imc.
@keruchan_0
Oh I remember you ! You are the guy working in banks or whatever. Right ? Nice post.

Wake up imc !

2 Likes

B2P as in Buy to Play?
It prompts Gold Sellers to at least think before investing time and money if they can regain their investment and gain profit?
With the current silver trading system only available through auction house alone, Gold Sellers needs 2 days to transfer silver to seller account, and buyer needs to wait additional 2 days to receive what he/she paid for. If you were a buyer would waiting 2 days before receiving what you pay for entice you to such avail in such a service? Not to mention these gold sellers are shady as hell, are you guaranteed to get what you paid for? Is it legit business? Are you protected as a consumer?

TL;DR
Gold Sellers needs to buy at least 2 accounts (bot and seller) in order to start their business. That’s around 18$ at least, with no guarantee that their accounts won’t get reprimanded, worst banned for botting and suspicious transactions on auction house which detection is highly possible due to current system. And with initial 18$ investment, they only get to put 1 item on auction house, strictly limiting the flow of suspicious transactions.
So to sum it up, if I was planning to do business in ToS via RMT for silver, it’s not very enticing.

1 Like

If more people were to pay attention to threads like this, then they gonna HAVE to listen to us.

And if they still won’t listen, then we should really do something more harsh.
If they get less income, and have less food on their plates, they may start using their little brain up there for once.

Trade restrictions are definitely bullsh*t.
Free users should be able to trade and this is final.

Most MMORPG’s don’t die because of the gold sellers, they die because the game itself gets boring, is not interesting enough (content wise or such) and maybe other server / developer / publisher issues happen.

This game would not die because of it’s content or anything like that, because the game itself is seriously awesome. Yet alone trying out so many character possibilities.
But most of us know, that IMC is the cause of the game to die sooner than later.
And that’s because of such ‘‘minor’’ things you could easily change and do better.
Tokens can have other awesome benefits for a pay to play model as well.
One thing on the Token I liked is that you can learn 2 attributes at once!

But allowing to trade, and then only for 30 times a month is such a joke. I really wanna meet the person who thought about that in real for once, and wanna see what handicap this person has, to do such a dumb thing.
Probably one of the dumbest person I would ever meet.

Sorry but as others stated, IMC > you are trying things, other - even bigger companies tried already, and failed hard.
So you little guys cannot accomplish something, which better people already tried and failed with. That’s reality and the sooner you accept it, the sooner you may be successful.
And yes I am extremly upset for you people destroying this awesome game. Like really awesome game.

But trading isn’t the only issue here. Market needs to be polished as well. You can only sell 5 items at once as a pay to play player? That’s also bullsht. If people pay for tokens they should get full access and full content to the game. And no half ased sh*t.

And there are even more issues aside from that. Alchemists aren’t able to do proper business with their potions and such.
They cannot even use a shop or anything. Instead they got to sell their potions on the market with taxes, which means they got to sell the potions for higher than usual to get a proper payment from it to make even more potions and such.
While Pardoners can just sell their buffs for whatever price they like in their little shops.
It doesn’t matter that you can make more money with potions than with selling buffs.
It’s the fact that you even damage existing classes making them less useful.
Or less wanted to be played.
But removing the possibilites to make a shop for selling items or buying items is also lame.
You could make a shopping area or something like that which allows such shops. But either way I also didn’t mind having the shops all over towns.
It makes the game feel more lively and the atmosphere is nicer somewhat.
But that’s only my opinion and isn’t really topic here.

Trading = Free to Play, please.

(You lose more money from your own doing, than from gold seller business, trust me IMC)

6 Likes

Report button should be carefully implemented, by 3 clicks you mean 3 reports from different persons, if I have friends I can troll and abuse this system easily. If you hate a specific player you can ask in-game friends or real life friends to abuse this system as well. Result is, more forum post on getting jailed for nothing. So I don’t see report button viable for combating RMT for silver. I do see it viable for those bot accounts staying in towns advertising RMT for silver.

Level requirement or hours played for silver trading only requires short term effort from Gold Sellers. After putting in easy effort (botting for levels, botting for hours or doing quest short term) through botting the RMT business can thrive.

Btw, I like the current auction system they implemented, since they already stated:

In addition, trades are temporarily held for 48 hours upon completion. This gives our staff time to detect and cancel any suspicious transactions before buyers and sellers get their goods. In the future, we hope to reduce this time frame by developing a system that can automatically detect and block such suspicious trades. We are continuously working on this function.

But the item for sale limit needs some improvement also team sharing of items/silver. 1:1 item trading between two players needs to happen or at least change the system so that f2p users can also trade and token users trade even more haha,1:1 silver trading is a no go for me.

+1 for the whole post. (Maybe not the bigger companies thing, since I think that small people can success where big ones failed, but that’s another debate.)

Me too. I hate people like them.

It seems that crafters shop have a 50% tax !!!

But I’d still like to have a potion shop, with same? taxes than market, and be allowed to put it everywhere (town and fields).

You know I am more of a supportive player such as Healer or Tank.
And personally I have no interest in playing Alchemists or such.
But I fully understand how every class works and to me Alchemists are a very important part of this game too.

On the beta I had my personal Alchemist I went to, to buy my potions.
Fair prices for awesome quality. You knew where to find him and you knew your money is well invested!

And why I am bringing this up is because this story has a clue.
I was able to RIGHT CLICK that person and hit a button called TRADE.
And then, what we did…
(Unbelievable for Free to Play players but really a true story! Prepare yourself I have warned you)
I would put my 150.000 Silver inside a little box and he would drag and drop his 100 lv. 8 SP Potions inside his side of a empty little squarey field.
And then we simply had to double confirm the trade to be finished.

And now…Imagine this!! We both were happy afterwards, said thank you to each other (Nostalgy moments!) and parted our ways to do our next business / adventures or whatever else, untill we met again!

And this is also what a trade button accomplishes. It socializes with the community more and possibly you will find new friends to play with.

End of the Story.

5 Likes

The system is actually b2p at least for now. It don’t really have much effect though.

Mind you, buying access in Russia is much cheaper than $18.

1 Like

After reading thier blog I was shocked

I feel players hurt the most not goldseller.What’s the point of playing or joining guild if I can’t trade with my freind even with token there’s still limit.

Trade restriction makes this game lack of social aspect.You want to stop bot or goldseller,try harder.Browsing through the forum or as community if you don’t know

Disappointed…IMC…I had such high hopes for this game…

1 Like

I dreamt of a tos with shops like ragnarok, normal trades between players, a kafra and a banker npc, it was beautiful T__T

1 Like

Inb4 you don’t need to trade to get your first token, after that all those limitations aren’t working on you.
30 trades per month is more than enough, imho. 60 would be amazing, but hey, 30 is nice amount, too.
Is it really that hard to grind a little bit and stop whining because of a lvl 40 weapons you are unable to trade with your imaginary friends?
To be honest, I’m starting to think that those who are screaming and demanding to give trade to everyone are the ones selling silver themselves.
Or at least they would be, if there wasn’t any restrictions :slight_smile:

Really?
Because I had 60 initially and I’m already reluctant to waste them when during group play a friend of mine loots an item he doesn’t need and which happens to be a small upgrade to me. I stop and think “should I waste a trade or just forget it and hope there’s a better one on market/quest reward table”. Never mind crafting reagents or stuff for alts.

And this is horrible game design if I ever saw one.

3 Likes

Most of all, in that announcement, I like how they said tracking down and banning bots is “primitive”. Because y’know, having people do work is primitive and old-school, but keeping simple trading behind an $18 paywall is the future!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You can’t fight bots without people. They will be there no matter what crazy restrictions you put in place. If you don’t hire/put a staff member or two in each server to sit there receiving player bot reports and dealing with them accordingly, they’ll keep going as strong as ever.

It’s a good thing that they got rid of the team storage stuff, I suppose. It’s also great that they’re looking into ways to create an effective bot reporting system. But they can’t be lazy about it all.

4 Likes

By the way, one thing I noticed on some forums dedicated to ToS…
There’s stuff popping up in Trade sections like “S> %item_name, accepting PayPal/Webmoney offers”.

So I guess disabling silver trading “to prevent RMT” actually promoted RMT even between regular players. Good job!
/sarcasm

1 Like

I paid for the early access. I played the iCBT and gave thorough feedback. I’ve been supporting the devs and this game since I heard of this game.
Now, I paid the lowest tier of early access, because that’s what I can offer at the moment. But the trade restriction is ridiculous. What’s the point of being “f2p” if players won’t be able to do anything social? They won’t be able to use megaphones. They won’t be able to trade with other players. The marketplace is lacking, it won’t post your stuff immediatly. You have to wait for it to show up.

Bots are something we MMO players deal with in every single game. Restricting the community won’t keep botters away. Trade restriction is just ridiculous. Look around, devs. How many games do that? You guessed it: No one. There’s no point to restrict trade, when this game is an MMO. Please, reconsider this, or it will kill the game, and will kill it FAST.

1 Like

trading system does need a major revamp…
auction house system with its restrictions is probably to lessen RMT of in-game currency before f2p starts and majority of players come in, and nothing is permanent, players and the game.
all we can do is voice our dissatisfaction with weird implementations, wait for patches and changes, and hope the changes are to our liking.

Here you have the solution to the trade system.