Tree of Savior Forum

Reality Check: TOS is a casual MMO

I haven’t used the word ‘retarded’ once in one single post of mine, and I actively avoid doing such things because it’s offensive.

But nice try.

What does “casual” even mean? You’re just saying words that don’t seem to have any bearing on anything.

Oh another idiot like OP that reached mid game and thinks he know everything. You do lose something on death, it is just on 2* map and above. Get educated. Now quit the game or reach to the 1% playerbase and realize how stupid most of the complaint in forum are.

Shhh …

don’t tell him~

This one actually made me laugh, but the whole ‘internet tough guy’ bit always cracks me up. Very scary behind that monitor.

Yes. You’re so afraid of being offensive. All you give is well thought out replies. Oh, and the one that proves you’re also just a blatant liar, who can’t ever admit their own faults:

Thanks. I thought so too.

2 Likes

He probably has split personality. Don’t judge him until we know for sure.

1 Like

Oh hey, the one comment directed at me. Yea, I had a pretty good laugh at that. He had to resort to name calling after he started to lose the debate. And then never looked at that thread again, just started spamming other threads.

That’s pretty much all he does. At this point I’m starting to suspect it’s a troll account. Even kids aren’t that blind to their own issues.

i’m disheartened to think it, but it’s probably a legit account. it’s another case of that old adage, “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.”
at this point, it’s imply a case of not even knowing enough to be able to see how much there is still to learn.

Ah, what PD questions are those? Pardoner? Because there’s been atleast one detailed thread about the abilities that can be scrolled.

Not everything is known, and not everyone even reads the forums. Which is to be expected, its a new game after all.
Why are you expecting to get it all handed to you on a silver plate so soon after release? Or period?

Why so ungrateful towards the knowledge that is shared to others?

Your point makes sense. But i dont think a casual game would have a leveling curve that would take this long.

Im lv 223, and i just did a mission that each boss gave me 1 percent.

Its kind of a hassle now because ques take longer then 5 minutes.

And you grind 3-4 hours to gain one level. Its pretty long leveling. Specially worried about levelings that are 300+? why? because no casual can make it up that high. And no one is that patient to feel like they are gaining nothing or very little. Once you get to level 300+ itll probably start feeling like vanilla maplestory where it takes you a week to get 1 level. Which is terrible.

There isnt a lot of variety to level, and maps are starting to feel like they give less then 15 cards. Then monsters become really tanky, 60k+ HP… cant really solo them because it takes a long time, sometimes theyre retarded strong too. and its inefficient.

What bothers me the most the feeling of bad balancing. Grinding is way better then doing dungeons. Doing the lv 217 dungeon, I get 1m EXP per hour. While in open world dungeon its 3-5 times that. And dungeons you can only do 1-3 times a day. The fact that you can only do dungeons that many implies that its suppose to be very rewarded. Which is not at lv 220+

Missions is the same way, I only get about 1 percent per boss. Which is way low. Killing bosses in this game isnt worth it. On top of that they dont really drop anything but money or maybe sometimes some white recipe.

3 Likes

I am curious (I am 204), if IMC managed to continue to put quests past 232 would the feeling be the same if they reward us high level exp cards? And I do agree there’s bad balance between dungeons and grinding at high levels.

I want to know about interactions between priest 3(exorcise), pardoner discerning evil and pandemic from pd.

My 2 cents.

Its both a hardcore and a casual. First lets establish what is a hardcore game and what is a casual game.

A hardcore game by most peoples definition is a game where most “casuals” will never be able to experience/complete the “end game”.
A casual game is where all players can reach the end game \o/

I believe this game is a little bit of both, the end game of ToS is all in all the Earth Tower. That is the hardest and last piece of content available in ToS as of right now. A hardcore game like classic Ragnarok online would be Endless tower. Same concept really. However in Ragnarok there were no “main” quests, there were quests with little to no instructions and you basically had to look it up on google, it was a grind or die game.

In ToS, we have lots of quests, exp cards, daily missions, daily repeatable, daily dungeons that help us get a lot of exp (If the party search was working) and LOOT. If there was a dungeon in RO that dropped BiS, RO wouldn’t be what it was.

So in conclusion, its a bit of both so both sides stop whining, but my personal opinion is do not allow circle resets, that ■■■■ is dumb.

Why I compare ToS to RO is because ToS is its successors, no matter how many people say that ToS is it’s own game, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that ToS was heavily influenced by RO in ALOT of ways.

world boss contest, free stat distribution, skill gem/ gems (smells like cards), tonns of skills having the same names/same effects, art style, low drop rate items/materials, grind style, class choice (bard/dancer, monk/priest, knight/crusader), earth tower/ endless tower.

ToS is basically a modern, less hardcore version of RO, but it’s still should be a considerd a hardcore game, casuals still welcomed.

Anyways thats just my opinion.

1 Like

Hey, I curse a lot, I can’t hide that and I don’t really try to even on the forum.

It’s really the truth that I can’t bring myself to respect the opinion that this game has covered the bases and earned the right to not need resets, when it’s littered with holes and flaws that damn near make it a necessity.

So I’m sorry for my harsh language if that’s what really has your panties in a twist.

Alright, so even when it’s shoved directly in your face , you can’t admit that you are nothing but a liar. You must be a troll. Even children aren’t this self-centered. I’m done with you.

ToS has provided exactly as much info about its classes as most other f2p mmo’s do.
that is: a tiny, generalized description about how to start playing.

any other info is player generated and posted. you want to know it, you have to go find it yourself.

if you don’t like games that have flaws and limited info then you really shouldn’t be playing at launch.

I don’t expect it on the silver platter, but I expect the developer to own up to his faulty tooltips, vague descriptions and provide me the room to experiment without any further full punishs.

I already tanked a rank 7 character “loss” for science purposes, which is more than basically all claimers here did.

Don’t even wanna know how many say no to reset and grabbed their cookie-cutter right from the forum, asked a million questions to make sure and now bigmouth through the threads looking down on others while protecting their “hard and unique” leveling experience.

My only concern is what if our current builds wont synergize well when new content comes out. Does that mean we reroll? Leave the character we worked hard on? Was it our fault that we can’t see the future? I would honestly rather have an RO rebirth style system rather than have to abandon my character if you guys really dont want reset scrolls. That way its fair to everyone.