Tree of Savior Forum

Little guide for better revalidation process

Greetings Saviors, there is a problem where sometimes the files in the directory need to be replaced.
So, I would like to provide you with the files needed to solve this problem.

Let’s do this step by step:

1. Let’s go to the release folder where Tree of Savior is installed!

2. Inside of the release folder, please paste “client.xml”

client.xml (987 Bytes)

1. Now let’s go to the patch folder inside of the release folder - remember, not the patch folder in the first picture!

The files have to go here!

But remember, not the patch folder on top!

1. Download the updater.config.xml and paste it into patch folder.

updater.config.xml (3.9 KB)

1. Finally restart the game and the launcher will download the proper files from the server!
18 Likes

:kissing_heart: as someone who has gotten struck by every problem and error that exist, this is nice to see from staff :1st_place_medal: :3

#Thanks

Hmm, if there are addition/modification of lines in these files, why not only show what need to be changed instead of putting files in there.

I would like to advise your team to make a patch process like Path of Exile uses with Steam, after their game patch you just run, no need to repatch a thing, hence, avoiding more issues and more space used, also, it save a bit on SSDs life, and that is a technology became commonly used lately.

Even so, I don’t see a necessity to patch 2x since the files used are in the folder already, just add them there and Steam will compare both repository and client folder and add the new/modified files in it.

I’m almost sure that you guys have total control of what is being updated too through manifest files on Steam repositories.

1 Like

better that why not just control the steam updating instead of making a thread.

This is fix the loading img screen? (sv is close now so i can’t check any)

I think it’s nice to add to the thread. This fix seems to be intended to work on a specific case:

Sometimes only these two .xml files gets corrupt (you can see the NUL/00 characters if you open them) and as far as I can remember is the only “my client crashed and files got corrupt” problem that actually prevents you from playing the game and requiring re-validation.

It’s actually nice to see an “official” workaround for this problem. I kind of think that if a bug/problem will take long to be fixed it really doesn’t hurt to give it a temporary solution/workaround and acknowledge it.

If this could go ahead and IMC starts to at least acknowledge other problems and always give workarounds when applicable it would be some great steps towards the right direction.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.