Tree of Savior Forum

Game Refuses to Open - Fixed

Thanks for trying to help us,
But still doesn’t work - even tried to change res = 1., 2., and 0 nothing happens. Crushes as always when reaches 100% without opening game.

is userc.xml missing too?

Yes, all User.xml related files are missing,
But problem is that I had this already about 18 days ago, and I left the game after tried all the steps of fixing and nothing worked. Later on game started smoothly again. And now in same time as CombatButler having again same problem.
To be honest, since game is around including CBT late 2015 and still struggling with launcher… That is a bit sad.

I assume user.xml is created once you actually launch the game, but since I did a full re-install it’s not there and the game refuses to launch anyway. Either way I doubt user.xml is the fault here.

Thanks for the help though, going to try the above.

EDIT: Nope still not working. userc.xml is not there too.

problem is there is no error message to pinpoint the exact error. I have been trying to solve such issues for others via trail and error with mixed results.

Based on my experience , a launcher that loads till 100% and closes (w/o error message) is usually related to user and userc. or administrative check. This might work for you then, right click client in release folder, run as admin.

I would say the affected players are usually rare , and it happens to those who arent active ( Prolly reinstall etc)

here is my userc . Edit user.xml to your display , use 1 or 2 only. (Dont use 0, you will get another error message)
Goodluck
user_c.xml (412 Bytes)

Run as admin does not work, tried that a while back. user_c.xml does not work either.

Same here, tried also on my older laptop the game. Same problems. Can’t start it.
Bottom line, seems like it’s not our problem PC,Laptop but client problem - IMC.

Wow this is really weird , some underlying issue that nobody knows. Imc gonna ask you to keep reverifying etc.

I have a similar issue on my old desktop , but that was partly due to a crippling HDD that was dying. If you guys are on new systems then I don’t think there is much I can offer to help anymore …

Rip… still no staff here ?

Up to date on progress fixing the client.
So, tried even delete Steam and with it EVERYTHING and nothing, now the patch box is constantly downloading something and when reaches 100% doesn’t work.
Can’t be problem with the CPU - using Acer Predator Helios 300.

P.S. I had this problem already before as I stated before. And it seems disappears after the while when I’m not trying to do something, just leave it to itself.

Tried nabbing libtcmalloc_minimal.dll files from others in my guild since running as admin gives a libtcmalloc_minimal.dll related error in windows event viewer. Didn’t work.

Support gave the the user+c.xml answer and closed my ticket. Started another ticket and they said I should re-download the game again then they closed that ticket :tired:

Looking at windows event viewer and checking the dump i get this. Hopefully it helps in fixing this >_>

Maybe an updater issue ?
Have you tried this solution ? Little guide for better revalidation process

I’ve had this problem before, but it just randomly fixed itself… TOS is weird like that…

The game not getting the XML even after running a Verify of Game Cache Integrity its totally new to me. You should obtain those files when running the verify.

I’ve only had an issue before when some files were not being “keep”. But that was an Steam + Windows issue. I disabled a windows service while trying to optimize my pc. But that seems to cause every update/downloads from steam to go totally bonkers and corrupt themselves, thus making every new file they create unreadeable and deleted automaticall a few minutes after. It was the weirdest thing i’ve ever see.

I’ve never had this happen or seen anything like it either, and a few people I know recently installed without any issues at all.

I would say, Uninstall on Steam and then completely delete the Tree folder. As in, completely delete everything. Then reinstall from Steam.

This makes it even more weird, maybe it’s some kind of Windows issue.

Thanks for the help. Tried Goldie’s solution and that didn’t work.

Steam and ToS was re-installed many, many times. I doubt that’s the issue. Maybe it is windows but ToS was working perfectly fine on the 17th, it just stopped working on the 18th until now. Fresh install using a fresh windows USB/ISO didn’t do the trick. As far as I know windows was fully updated on the 17th but whoknows that install is long gone. Could be the client’s fault too which i’m leaning towards to considering it’s IMC.

Welp, starting the 3rd ticket and hopefully they’ll read before replying and closing the ticket >_>

Save your time, I written the ticket and mentioned everything what I have done. Including the deleting game/folder/steam and didn’t worked. And reply was the same - delete in steam and than folder Hahahaha

Still doesn’t work, so just gave up. And the date when stopped is the same as yours on 18th of Nov. On 17th Nov still was playing and no signs of problems.

Hello, @CombatButler

Have you attempted a DNS Cache Flush ?
It can be seen how it’s done in option B. in this thread > [ Here ]

3 Likes

I think that worked? Flushing the DNS or switching the DNS to google’s one.

Thanks @Gwenyth

EDIT: Yup got in, wow that was simple >_>

Glad it worked. :slight_smile:

Usually mine’s set to google’s, don’t recall changing them on the 18th :thinking:

Worked too !
Thanks
Done that DNS Cache Flush and woala works

1 Like