Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

So… One weapon or two weapons? haha yeah, i totaly read wrong. Anyway, i think scout could choose between crossbow or sword as the main weapon. I just dont think they will do it

Appraiser would fit the scout tree… Should be considered :thinking:

3 Likes

So you don’t think featherfoot is very unique as far as wizards go? What about Pied piper in the archer tree? Rode in Swordsman? Sadhu and Dievderbys in Cleric? There are still plenty of classes in each tree who are weird and unusual by class standards.

the only classes who really shook anything up to be moved to the scout tree were Linker and Enchanter. Thaumaturge is just a standard buffing class with a fancy coat of paint. Furthermore, all of these were wizards prior to that. Scout is maybe arguable but it’s a shop class that never offered much beyond utility anyway.

I don’t see what’s so unique about Taoist or Bokor (though I don’t have much experience with the former). But from what it seems, Taoist was just one of a few ‘casters’ inside the cleric tree, a role now still represented by Plague Doctor, Druid and Exorcist. Bokors weren’t even favored as pure summoners within Cleric for the most part. A majority of players simply used zombies as fodder for Damballa on int builds because they were pretty poor if you tried to build them for SPR. That’s not a pet class - that’s a Detonate Corpse caster archetype. If we want a real summoner Cleric then maybe we should be hoping they make Turn Undead better or something, lol.

Appraiser should defenitely be in the scout tree instead of squire.

5 Likes

So out of the info, without the new/reworked skills etc
What builds are you guys curious to try out?

I wanna try the new Shinobi + Rogue

Many people are discussing new possible builds there:

I’ll join them once we have concrete info on the rework of skills and attributes.

2 Likes

Yeah I would love to theorize builds, but there’s not too much point until we know what’s been changed for each class. I’m just sitting on edge, waiting for information on those Alchemist potion skills…

1 Like

all this cool and advanced update, but we still not allowed to refresh squire buff unless suicide :tired:

I’ll give you this tip for free since you need it.

When someone makes an argument you can’t just read line by line like each line separately makes for one conclusion, you end looking really stupid interpreting one example(of the actual argument) as if it was the entire argument itself.

Re read the entire thing, take a deep breath,you can do it.

1 Like

images

Would be cool if the texture follows the fabric the class has covering their arms. This kinda reminds me an anime character…

1 Like

don’t get me wrong, i love it to. i’m 100% hyped for these changes and am only coming back to tos because of them.

It is just… i do get that some ppl are upset, especially for the fact that they didn’t bother to make new classes for this new tree, they took it of others… i know that if a thief tree launched, A LOT of ppl wuld complain that rogue and scout or even shinobi weren’t there… and even these classes, that are only natural to be togheter, would still leave some ppl complaining.

you cant please every one… and in this case, wit a lot of builds gimped in face of these changes, i can’t say that i don’t understand those complaints.

I can’t fully agree with you, but I would respect your opinion.
On the topic I am quite concern about shadowmancer, how would it be rebalance after losing linker

1 Like

Maybe Taoist’s Upper Level will allow Shadowmancers to deal full damage to flying mobs too.

I know that it is not as what a linker does, but could be something

Taoist was pretty crappy as a magic dmg class, it’s main draw was in it’s support/utility from Stormcalling (50% melee/+100% lightning dmg aoe debuff), Darksight (aoe fade zone.) and to a lesser extent upper level (allows ground tiles/circles to hit flying enemies).
Stormcalling was one of our better party dmg buffs though, oh well.

Bokor was our only viable mobile minion build and a pretty strong magic dmg class to boot. (and not as bad as most claimed, but it’s primary issues was that zombies just died to easily. IMC somehow gave them timers to ■■■■ that up even more.)
We still have Dievdirbies as a strong minion class, but owls aren’t mobile and thus incredibly niche.
Turn Undead has always been lackluster for a long list of reasons, so that never really saw use outside of the zoo builds that had hours of prep time. (which got nerfed to death anyway. Also TU is literally disabled in legendary raids.)

Turn Undead also would be quite akward if it was still on paladin due to it’s low spr scaling. I think it might get reworked instead tbh.

2 Likes

well, copled with exorcism and magnus exorcism, could create a very thematic nice exorcist class… except that we already have one :thinking: , maybe give them to priest…

Magnus Exorcismus should go to Exorcist. Chaplain might receive new stuff now that will not even be a hidden class anymore. Thus Chaplain is more as a physical dps/buffer, at least for me. Now that we have Exorcist, Magnus Exorcismus should go there. And Exorcise should be removed for good.

1 Like

That would make Priest a 1/1 copy of ROs Priest but worse because it can’t silence or double the damage on enemies.

I think it will go to Chaplain as even Exorcise was deleted from Priest. As ME needs Exorcise it’s either changed or shared the same fate.

By the way, back on topic: Since the developers blog was released, it’s very likely that the patch will hit KTest inbetween Sunday and Thursday next week (15th of November) and go live on KTOS the week after.
So only 5-6 days until we learn the true horror of skill re-balancing and attribute point costs “high decrease”.

i agree with this, also think that current turn undead should go as well, but that just make exorcist skill list get bloated.

maybe, turn undead could be reworked and give it to necromancer, make it have a %chance of turning the monster into one of the skelletons :thinking:

That is true, but as of now priest will be a class with no dmg skills, only buffs, unless they rework both priest and pardoner, priest will be in a really bad spot right now.

1 Like

Simply call Scout Tree, Novice Tree.

2 Likes

Scout is Super Novice, soon with Heal incoming :smiley:

To be fair on Priest: It could be that they are giving all the buffs[Aspersion,Sacrament,Blessing] to Pardoner and build more support-related skills on Priest. Maybe Priest will have Chaplains Magnus Exorcismus instead of Exorcise, and receive Turn Undead on top. But who knows.
The ideas are very vague right now since there is so much movement.

1 Like