Tree of Savior Forum

Any Info About Cross-Discipline Class? (Like a Class of Swordsman and Wizard Combination)

Hi guys, i’ve been lost in thought about this for a long time… anyone could ensure me/us is this kind of build possible? this crossclassing seems exciting haha, how cool a spellblade can be right!?

Closest thing we have now to “spellblade” is rolling a STR-based Pyromancer and maxing Enchant Fire…xD

But no, right now there’s no information on mixing classes inbetween the 4 trees.

When you say cross-discipline do you mean something like a melee-caster or a ranged-tank or that kind of thing? if so, I think there would be ways to do all of that stuff for sure. The fact you can customise your stats and there are soooooo many combinations of skills. I think your character is only limited by your imagination really :slight_smile:

Specifically a wizard/swordsman… Hmm maybe. I think there is a Wizard tree skill that lets you turn your INT into STR. I don’t know much about other classes, only cleric tree.

1 Like

how about Rogue?? archer with melee skill . we have that

1 Like

which i doubt melee skills will ever be used

1 Like

Cross discipline would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to balance with 80 classes. Especially if it was free for all… the possible combinations would be enormous. However… won’t lie… I would love to have a Cleric/Wizard haha

1 Like

You can >_<. Just buy all the scrolls =o

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

AH! nice u gimme a new insight about makin melee caster hahaha, yeah i’ve read a skill that could exchange int for str in tosbase. thanks!

yeah i AM influenced by ArcheAge class thingies hahaha, that kind of classs system could bring the uniqueness of our role to the max.

I honestly prefer the system as it is, the main reason is because the current class system, being already rich in customization, it also separates well the different class roles, this makes team-play a more important aspect of the game, at least by class design.

This doesn’t mean i’m completely against it, but I hope that if they implement some sort of “Cross-Discipline” system, they add some kind of constraint that makes it hard to break the current balance, something like “you can only cross-discipline to a class 4 ranks below yours” or “you can cross-discipline only on one rank of your build” or “you can’t get to the last rank of your base tree if you cross-discipline”.

Well, even if they don’t implement anything, you still can purchase scrolls from a Krivis/Bokor/Paladin Pardoneer :smile:

ah new point of view, yeah distinct class advancement is important to preserve the teamwork aspect in this game. Nice insight, well now i should read that “scrolls” things, i dont know that yet hahahaha. where could i read it?

http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/40802/ << the Pardoneer class is able to create scrolls so that other classes can consume them to cast the skill in that scroll.

I honestly don’t know the limitations of this scroll system other than what is described on the link, but is the nearest approach to a magic swordsman / healer mage that we have right now :smile: