Tree of Savior Forum

Create your r9 class

Samurai class (preferably for fencer class)

Equip katana

Katana mastery: weapon can both do slash and Pierce attacks at the same time.

Wazisashi : able to equip an artifact or a 1 handed sword in off hand.

Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu - off hand weapon can block enemy attacks depending on the weapons x level + character level and deliver a counter attack to enemy. (can block magic, internal cool down of 3 seconds)

Bushido (buff) - mastery of the discipline. increases mdef and pdef based on character level.
Skill attribute
Will Power: overcome enemies by sheer determination. Attacks peed, critical attack, evasion, block rate is increased by 10% per skill level when hp reaches 30% and below. Max level 10

Muso Jikiden Eishin-ryu (3 charges)
Enabled to draw weapon and attack simultaneously.
Ensures attack hit first before enemies attack.

Skill attribute
Blink : when ranged enemies are attacking will Teleport in front of the enemy to deal the blow and will be immune to damage and cc after it deals damage.

Do-ryu-sen - strikes the ground dealing earth damage and physical damage along a straight line.
Skill attribute
Knock up - enemies are fling into the air and are considered flying creatures for 5 seconds and are immobilized.

Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki - approaches the enemy in lightning fast speed landing behind the enemy after the skill took damage. dealing high Pierce damage which takes deals huge damage + 50% of enemies current hp.

Critical hit: deals 90% of enemies current hp if enemy is knocked up.

Ku-zu-ryu-sen - deals 9 hits of Pierce, slash, strike damage on enemies which roots you in place for 3 sec.
Skill attribute
Attack move: enables to move while performing the stance.

Last hit :if the enemy got Hit by the initial 9 hits then it will add 1 more hit to end of the skill which deals huge damage and ignores enemy defense,

Kamikaze : deals 300% of player’s hp as damage on enemies in a large aoe inevitably killing himself in the process

Skill attribute
Last dance - hold on to life with 1 hp for 3 seconds.

Seppuku : perform a rite of death. Upon its death allies are temporary boosted with high morale buff and enemies suffer low morale debuff for 5 seconds.

High morale: increase mdef pdef evasion healing and sp recovery by x3 of character stats.

Low morale: vulnerable to slash, Pierce, strike, missile, magic for 5 seconds.

2 Likes

Will create a magic class swordsman as a hidden class. (Still theorycrafting)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

oi oi ~ someone is watching too much Rurouni Kenshin

wtf dude i’m dying LOL :joy:

huehuehue

Now you’re just playing with my heart…cos’ we all know it ain’t happening. :cry:

Dibs on the class name “Abyss Knight”

1 Like

well there is Dragon Nest, they have a class there called Moonlord (called Lunar Knight in NA/EU version iirc). it shoots sword beams and cyclones. lmao. first swordsman mid ranged class that I have played.

but still waiting for Samurai. hoping IMC really considers it.

1 Like

Guardian - Tank/Support

Unstumbling Land:

a circle will appear around your character than moves with your character for 1(+.5 per skill level), while in this area, you and allies will take 0 damage and have a chance to reflect damage (100% on magic attacks)

Attribute: you will gain increased defense for 1 second per attribute level after aoe dissapears (5 levels)

Patrionism:
show affection for the goddeses, all clerics in your party gain increased attack and healing and you block attacks for the duration (block count, 10 blocks)

Attribute: Block count increases by 5

Iron Sheild:
enemies attacking you will ignore 50% of their block penetration

Attribute:Thorns: enemies attacking will take strike damage when they hit you
Attribute: has a chance to ignore 100% of block penetration

Chain:
Deals damage to nearby enemies and pulls them close, they will be taunted and forced to hold aggro on you for a few seconds and will be binded and have defense decreased. (nerfed in pvp)

Attribute:Bloodthirsty: has a 5% chance to apply bleeding, you will heal over the duration of the enemy(ies) bleeding

Soul Sheild:

place sheild on ground, while sheild is on ground you cannot use any skills requiring a sheild, you still keep stats from sheilds (but not extra stuff like enhances and extra demon attack ext) creates an aoe around sheild increasing defense of parties members that scales with sheild stats, SP is drained by 3.5% every second while in AoE.

this will give swordies a role for tanking :smiley: and it seems pretty fun

Force Knight (hidden swordsman class)

Equip artifact orb

Orb mastery: increases sp regen by 200% ignore 20% of enemies magic defense.

Aura blade : covers your sword with the force.
Converts attacks from physical to magic based attacks. Magic attacks never misses.
Continually drains sp during the process.

Skill attribute:
Elemental blade - the magic that envelopes the blades becomes a random element of fire, ice, lightning. This visually seen by the color of the blade.

Elemental affinity - any buff or weapon stats that corresponds to the elemental blade are increased by 100% per skills level. Max level 3

Force field - envelops yourself with a protective barrier which consumes mana before taking health damage.
Skill attribute:
Force endurance - reduces sp consumption based on damage strucked by 30 per level. Max level 50

Force hook - (3 charges) creates a long stationary force of magic. Anything snag by the force will be drag to the user.

Levitate - enables yourself to float through the power of the force. Also enemies dragged by force hook.

Affinity to the force - no sp be consumed for the first 10 seconds of being levitated.

Force beam - consumes your aura blade and shoots in a long strange line of aoe which continously knocks enemies back. Channeling for 3 seconds.

Skill attribute:
Gravity line - anything near the force beam are sucked into it.

Force swap - swap positions with the targeted enemy.

Skill attribute :
Spatial sickness - enemies that have been swapped are stunned depending on the distance being swapped. The nearer to the swapped area the longer the stun duration.

Endless weapons : place weapons in your spatial inventory with weapons from your inventory.
Skill attribute:
Spatial expansion : adds more weapons in the inventory.

Omnislash: calls down weapons from your inventory and continually deals damage to an enemy.

Skill attribute :
Omnipotence - the user and its target is immune from any others sources of damage, heals, buffs and debuffs.

1 Like

Imagine whatever you wish but remember Swordies still need better gap closer, anti-CC tool and decent AOE/ single target skills

Why the hate? Lancer got very good chance against drg2 already.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Cleric class Bomoh.

1 Like

My idea would be… Thunder God (Thor)

New weapon: 1-handed/2 handed Hammer aka Maul (weapon is considered 2 hand if not paired with an off hand weapon)

Maul mastery: when equipped with 2 Maul gain 1 counter of centrifugal force per 5 seconds maximum of 5 stacks when not attacking for 10 seconds.
Buff: centrifugal force - next attack using your maul will have 3% added strike damage + 50 lightning elemental damage per counter. Removed after the first attack.

Skills:

Mjolnir’s soul: summon legendary mjolnor’s soul - maul temporarily gain lightning attribute converting physical damage to lightning damage.

Attribute: 3% chance to shock enemies per lvl (max 5 lvls)

Thunder Clap(AoE): smash maul on the ground to knockdown enemies in place.

Attribute: knockdown enemies will be slowed depending on size. 3/5/7 small/medium/large

Hammer throw: throw maul to target and return travelling for 20 movespeed All enemies that are hit are damaged.

Attribute: decrease cooldown but slower travelling speed.

Call lightning( can only be used if buffed with mjolnir’s soul) : summon a lightning strike dealing lightning damage. Enemies hit by the lightning are shocked for 10 seconds.

Attribute: call lightning strikes 2 times with 1 seconds interval but doubles sp cost.

Its just on the top of my head. I think it would be cool.

1 Like

why does everyone want a magic swordsman? it doesnt fit. plus imc is goin with real historic/religious classes, other than wizard. so i doubt swordsmage will be a thing, especially for swordsman. closest thing you will get is a wizard with a mage blade or a cleric

your ideas are bad and pointless, waste of brain power and breath since imc won’t listen to you anyway
my r9 class idea is to wait for rank 9 to come out.

this is true as well, inquisitor taoist mergen all of that are historic soldiers

also this is in game ( 2 handeds are likely to come in soon due to a hint from cleric drawing)

i really dont expect any hammer or axe class for swordsman

axe: its tree of savior, why would axes be a weapon in this game
hammer: paladin exists

blame anime for that. I just want my Samurai.

1 Like

Luchador

Class Attributes:

Equip Steel Chair

Equip Steel Chair (Max level 1) - Able to equip Steel Chair. (1h Strike property main weapon)

Trashtalk

Trashtalk (Max level 10) - Increases provocation by 10% per attribute level when attacking enemies with Luchador skills.

Lucha Mastery

Lucha Mastery (Max level 5) - All Luchador skills have a 5% chance per attribute level to inflict the “Jobber” status to enemies for 15 seconds. Enemies with the “Jobber” status receive 20% more damage from Luchador skills.

Light Footed

Light Footed (Max level 5) - Increases Move Speed by 1 per attribute level.

Skills:

[details=Lucha Legacy]Lucha Legacy (Max level 5) - Wear your mask of pride. Evasion increases by 6% per level. Increases damage of Stomping Kick by 400%. Increases damage of High Kick by 250%. Increases damage of Luchador skills by 20%. Does not stack with Murmillo’s Cassis Crista.

•Attribute: Lucha Libre (Max level 3) - Increases damage of Luchador skills by 5% per attribute level for each other masked Luchador in the party.[/details]

[details=Drop Kick]Drop Kick (Max level 15) - Perform a drop kick which damages enemies in a wide front area.

•Attribute: On the Mat (Max level 5) - Drop Kick has a 15% chance per attribute level to cause Knockdown.[/details]

[details=Clothesline]Clothesline (Max level 15) - Perform a clothesline which damages enemies in a straight line.

•Attribute: Down and Out (Max level 5) - Clothesline has a 15% chance per attribute level to cause Knockdown.[/details]

Standing Moonsault

Standing Moonsault (Max level 15) - Perform a standing overhead flip that damages all enemies in a wide radius. Deals double damage to downed enemies.

[details=Low Blow]Low Blow (Max level 5) - Crouch and perform an uppcut to the groin. Deals triple damage when attacking from behind.

•Attribute: Heel Turn (Max level 3) - Low Blow has a 10% chance per attribute level to stun the enemy for 5 seconds when attacking from behind.[/details]

Hurricanrana

Hurricanrana (Max level 10) - Perform a head scissors take down on an enemy and flips them. Causes Knockdown.

[details=Sleeper Hold]Sleeper Hold (Max level 10) - Perform a choke hold to the enemy that deals continuous damage per second. Enemies may mash buttons to escape the hold. Drains SP per second. Release the skill button to end the hold.

•Attribute: Fading Away (Max level 1) - Enemies caught in the Sleeper Hold lose 10 Stamina per second.[/details]

lol imc wouldnt be able to make animations for those skills, but they made miko be able to dance so who knows

OHHHH of course,
Clerics magical powers, and mages casting spells are super historical acurate, Luchadores that are real Fighers and Australian Evil aborigine Spirits IN MIDDLE OF EUROPE and Necromancers that actully can bring the dead too are historical acurate!. 100/10 would read about history again!

Jokes at side, Its a game people, they sure are bringing historical inspiration, but still a game, magic and such are comon to make the experience something diferent than reality(and lets take in account that reality is boring most times).

So yeah, here we can have an australian mage that can fly in middle of europe, archers that can be carried by hawks, Swordsman that dispell magic (Lancer) and Clerics that use Taoist magic in middle of europe.

Do you get it now?
But I do wish we could have:

• Samurai Class
    That could use both 1h/2h blades(1h swords,2handed swords , rapiers and maybe new weapons such as katanas and wakisashis but that would require balancing and give its properties )

• Using both old weapons as i said would still benefit those who want continue with their weapons, giving new would make a new possibilities for builds and damages since katanas and wakisashis are both weapons for piercing and cutting through cloth and leather (it would be op sure, but hey , a weapon that can do normal damage in both armor type would be really good :smiley:

• Bleed status…This is what we need, would be a upgrade for those who got highlander or open a path for bleed status and keep the damage going while the swordsman cant keep up with fleeing enemies (like those archers :laughing:)

• Continuing from the Bleed, we can even make the idea of a Blood Rounin, keep the blood going and more damage (Muramasa from Castlevania i am looking at ya AND Corsair Combo)
    Sure life regen would be something really out of questing (i can even hear the whinning) but passive Hp regen during an Skill with high cooldown would be ok i guess.

• Work with critical damage. As highlander with its atribute and Fencer with its eepe stance and builds, those who work on the pash of Yellow Damage would sure to love another Critical Class.

• Magic swordsman would actully be a good way to help swordsman in the MDEF problem and give the class a new beggining to elemental attacks (but it can’t go beyond mage damage, but at least help it or even give synergy to have a magic swordsman helping mage skills, REMEMBER ITS A MMO making friends and parties are part of the fun and swordsman and mages can healp eachother a lot with certain skills)

Anyway sorry if i looked rude or anything, and sorry for my bad English, i hope that someone actully read and like these ideas xD

Tl;Dr: ITS A GAME, WE CAN HAVE MAGICAL SWORDSMAN and BLOODY SAMURAIS IF WE WANT. xD