Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Wugushi: The Venomous Tribe

Hi there, my IGN is Izolet. i decided to make this post in order to make some in-deep research on the wugushi class, including synergy with other classes builds and tactics, the objective of this is to elaborate a guide with this class as its center by combining the experience of various people and to test as much as posible the hidden mechanics of this class.

ABOUT THE CLASS

-The Word “Gu” comes from traditional old chinesse and its often treated as a sinonimus with poison, however the Gu poison especifically referst to a Black Magic ritual in order to bewitch sexual partners with a venom bassed toxin made by confining numerous poisonus creatures like centipedes, snakes, scorpions and worms in order to purify a potent and deadly poison or Gu spirit, wich can take the form of the creatures it was made or a golden slik caterpillar named Jincan.

CLASS MECHANICS

-The Focus of Wugushi is DoT, wich means that the main dealer of damage is time, since each poison can stack with each other and they have individualy high damage what wugushi really need to shine is just a target that can last all that time.

-Each poison works as a separate debuff, ever since the last Update Wugushis no longer suffer from the debuff overwrite that prevented 2 wugushis to target the same mob.

-Each poison has its own mechanics, they all scale on PHYSYCAL ATTACK, this doesnt necesarly mean you need a pure str build for wugushi, since it can scale from your weapons also. Also the damage dealt is Poison Elemental dmg meaning it will ignore any non elemental def like Phys Def and Magic Def.

-they dont crit, they depend on the initial hit to land to inflict the actual poison so if anything blocks or dodges that hit is basically wasted sp.

-Once the first hit landed the debuff is applyed and after that the poison dmg wont miss.

-On PvP poison can be cured and prevented by clerics or by using an antidote or detoxify.

-Poison applyes elemental damage on each tick so it benefits a lot from arde, venom, mana-mana, or viper.

-Poisons ignore physical and magical def, rely only on element resistance to be dimished.

-Atribute % is applyed to the whole dmg formula, not only to initial hit ever since the last Update

-Finally wugushi uses a system called poison pot for its skills that can be recharged by insect mobs drops and store poison. wich apears as an icon on the lower bar next to stats button, a insect or poison boss card can be used to give Throw Gu Pot skill a special efect similar to the boss of the card

SKILLS

C1

-Detoxyfy: removes poison or poison duration if poison rank is hier than the skill.

-Needle Blow: Single Target damage DoT, skill lvl improves initial hit + duration, scales on str ticks 2 per second, poison elemental damage

-Wugong gu: Single Taget damage DoT, skill improves initial hit + duration and max number of infected monsters. Skill provides a infection status debuf to the first hit monster, any physycal hit given to the infector will spread the poison DoT to a nearby monster, DoT is the same for infector and infected. atributes increase skill DoT duration

-Zhendu: applyes a buff to party members in range that provides a poison DoT to the first monster hit, with atributes the skill also reduces pison resistance by 35 points wich rises the damage of all poison DoT.

-Bewitch: Confuses 3 monsters close to the player, infected monster may atack you or another monsters for 7 seconds. confuse isn’t avaliable in pvp as far as i know. Ever since the update bewitch seems to work on non poisoned enemies oposite to the skill description

C2

-Throw Gu Pot: Generates a pool of poison that affects any ground type target that steps inside the pool applying poison debuff that ticks 2 times per second while they are inside the pool, the debuff inmediately disapears after the target steps out or the skill time is up. atribute allows escaping targets to be affected by a 4 sec debuff poison. this is only triggered by stepping out of the AoE, and not by the pool disapearing. Skill lvls now increase damage and duration, the max duration of this skill is 16 secs. bewitch can be cast on all targets inside the pool.
This skill is the only one confirmed to be affected by Boss cards. Equiping a boss cards allows you to use the boss skill along with gu pot.
This skill mechanics are similar to those of Frost Cloud but it has no limit as to how many targets it can affect

C3

Jincan Wu: This skill has similar workings to Throw Gu Pot on its mechanics, you throw a contaminated bomb that creates a puddle of equal apereance of Gu pot, any monster that steps (flying monsters are inmune) on it gets a debuff poison, the poison itself works like Zhendu on damage and ticks per second, however the duration of the debuff last a whole minute. If any monster is hit WITH A PHYSICAL Atk while on efect of the poison it will randomly summon 1-5 (depending on skill lvl) poison bugs at a 10% chance that will attack nearby enemies. Each bug can hold aggro on itself and has a small hp. any summoned bugg has a lifespan of 3 secs. The bug will pursue the closest enemy and will explode on contact with a small AoE explosion.

Poison Ticks seem able to summon bugs so Gu pot + Jincan wu do make a sweet combination.

WUGUSHI Vs PVE

-Though it’s able to provide a loooooot of damage given enought time the heavy cooldowns restrict all that outpput so you cant depend on it to keep killing monsters after you have already used a skill. However since Poison ticks regarthless of anything once applyed you get to use your other classes skills to stack more dmg

Ever Since the updates on Wugushi this class has become more usefull on late game content and its more AoE oriented than before since Jincan has become usefull, Gu pot is now a Poison Frost Cloud with extended range and duration, and Wugong Gu is still easy to spread on multiple targets even by accident.

People underestimate the efects of bewitch and confusion, it only takes 1 skill point and can prove a quite usefull CC. by quickly infecting a large group with any of the poisons bewitch can turn the tables if you are sudently surrounded since you can turn 3 monsters against the rest of the mob and have them hold aggro.

ABOUT STATS

While Str is the direct method other than equips to increase poison dmg most people would think that it should be main, however DEX based wugushi’s are quite good also, since 300 dmg can be subtitued with gems but no amout of gems can give you 300 crit rate and eva, and since you do depend on your other classes to deal dmg while poisons are on CD.

HIDDEN MECHANICS

-Poison Update: poison Dot is calculated everytime it ticks, this means that if you apply a buff that affects physycal damage or elemental damage the poison tick will scale acordingly. This applyes also to weapon change or weapon break as well as other buffs.
-Knelling shot: allows dex to be counted as physical attack thus rising poison tick damage.
-Steady Aim: increase Initial hit damage on poisons, does not affect DoT damage though.
-Mounted Poison: Wugushi skills will unmount the character.
-AoE Poison: Wugushi Skills are not affected by AoE atk or def rate so they present no change when used during circling. Falconeer Aiming however will help skills like Jincan Gu and Gu Pot since it increases monsters hitbox making them easyer to poison
-Elemental Damage: Benefits each tick of poison DoT so it increases overall damge by a lot.
-Fixed element: regardless of what kind of elemental damage or buff you equip on your weapon wugushi´s skills will be considered as poison element and will have any resistance aplyed to them while the rest is calculated as a Variable Element.
-Variable element: while any wugushi skill will have poison element benefits and penalties any non-poison elemental dmg will be added after such penalties and will be compared separetly i.e. if you equip karacha dagger you will first deal the poison dmg that comes from the skill and latter the fire dmg from the dagger.

RECENT KTOS CHANGES TO WUGUSHI

Wugushi

Needle Blow
-> Removed

Bewitch
-> removed

Zhendu
-> Now applies Poison Damage based on Caster STR

New Skill(C2)
-> Shoot a Poison Tipped Arrow, inflicting a poison on target, poison increases based on existing poison effects.

New Skill(C2)
-> Creates a Poison Cloud over an area, poisoning enemies.

Throw Gu Pot
-> Now at C1

Jin Can Gu
-> Now at C2

Detoxify
-> Now level 1 Mastery

New Skill(C3)
-> Prevents forms of healing and healing effect.
-> Applies faster damage over time ticks for existing effects.
-> AoE and Target Count increased with level.

BOSS CARDS EFFECTS By Highblaze

24 Likes

post reserved just in case

Do you plan to go further on with the Wugushi? If so, I would advise you to take more STR than DEX from now on, since DEX is pretty useless for the wugushi skills

i agree that if i want to strengthen only my DPS then STR would be the perfect choice, but from my point of view wugushi already has strong skills wich i can further improve by means of elemental damage, boss cards and skill lvls, by arde dagger or viper i can add a clean 150-300 damage per tick that can save me tons of str. While for the rest of my gameplay involves high evasion for kiting mobs and bosses and high critical for my other classes, so at least for me i think i could ear more benefits from the synergy of a crit class and steady elemental DPS poison. this is of course asuming elemental damage can give more damage than str and that is somethign i have yet to test

In any case part of those hidden dynamics are the purpose of this post. I have the stat reset potion in any case so im going to experiment with this theory to its last consecuenses xD, if its a miss or a win for me i hope someone else can benefit from it by the result on this guide

1 Like

It really depends on how you plan to play I guess. I prefered going a bit lower on dex myself to get me some nice poison damage. Helps me kill even the most horrible of mobs (Blue Spion Archer, I’m looking at you) by just putting my two main poison on them and running away. Because yeah, once you get to the 220s, you get tanky archers, and those are the worst. I’m not sure is a high evasion build is enough to survive them, so I simply opted for max range overwhelming firepower :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a Viper Bow, and the increase in damage is really noticeable. Then again, it adds 350 poison damage to all skills, so it was to be expected. I think the advantage compared to strength is that the number is so high. It’s approximatively the same as adding + 200 strength.

then i would get 200 con and be a inmortal poison spiter :triumph:
mwuahahaha

Hey!

Fantastic guide :slight_smile: I was looking for something like this :slight_smile:
I have a few questions:

I’m A2-QS3 with 246 dex, 28 str and 36 con (everything with gear on).
The thing is…i really like this class, and I would like to go as of rank 6 to Wug1. Would things work out?

Also, about AOE, i don’t have any kind of AOE, as you might have guessed, so could i rely on Wungong gu?

In PVP, will the poisons be easily avoided, by antidotes and cleric stuff?

Thank you.

Interesting topic, I was looking for further information regarding Wugushi since I was interested in turning my alt into one.
I am right now Archer 3 and can’t decide between Wugushi 3 / Scout 3 for my next class ranks…
Scout 3 would probably work better with Archer 3 because of Swift Step crit buff (since poisons can’t crit) but Wugushi seems to have high damage potential with interesting mechanics.
What do you think scales better for endgame?

Wugushi can provide some AoE by wugong gu and Zhendu (if you are in a party) but if you are going to depend on that skill as your only AoE it wouldnt be so reliable since it has a cooldown of 20 seconds and has no overheat, on my experience most normal monsters die before i can infect 2-3 other enemies so unless you are on an instanced dungeon or on a map with heavy tanky monsters it may not be that reliable.

i use it as a 1 hit-ko skill allong with needle agains weak normal mobs and depend on other classes for downtime.

about pvp posions can be curad way to easyly by antidote and can be prevented by clerics and plague doctors. there is this rumor about boss cards increasing the poison lvl. and making it unblockable by cleric buff. but i havent had the chance to verify it yet.

You are quite close to the stat objective i have in mind wich supports other classes but is oposite to the STR that scales wugu poisons, in your case what i recomend is that you think as wugu as a heavy single target damage bonus so that you can apply all posions at once and then focus on your normal play during the downtime.

be warned that if you have low str you will need to relly on elemental damage or other means to scale poison damage to you current lvl or it wouldnt be of much help.

Thank you for answering.

I feel lost now. Kinda stuck on level 177, and i don’t know wich class to chose. every other class is to expensive like falconer or shawrzer reiter where you have to train your companion from level 1 all the way to level 177
(my level), and i don’t like scout, rogue, ranger, hunter, fletcher, and sapper wouldn’t fix my problem either.

I though wugushi would be awesome and i like the playstyle, but i will go pvp in the future, and having no AOE to level up now, makes me really sad. At my level i just don’t know if the next maps will be packed with mobs, that’s why i think i need aoe.

Yea, so that’s my sad story, been stuck on klaipeda city for 4 days now, still haven’t decided.

on my experience or at least the hybrid STR DEX build im using wugushi is a class that stands on its own, thats why i have focused more on dex than str considering there are other means to scale posion damage than str.

i have found quite enjoyable since i get good evade, crit and single target damage. wugu still has lots of damage even with my crit oriented build.

what i have to warn is that unless you have some str somewhere poisons wont scale other than with elemental damage (wich are expensive) and on endgame it might lose its benefits compared to other skills scaling.

the AoE capability of wugushi skills is proportional to the number of party members and to the hp of the monster you are killing, if you do dungeons or boss hunting a lot wugu will help you tons.

I am a solo player to be the most honest with you, but i do the 3 dungeon runs and 3 mission dungeons everyday. But, other than that i never go with a party, since level 1 xD…T__T

To reach Wu 2 (true AOE circle) I will need to be around level 227, so i’m praying that maps will not have many mobs? lol, i’m not making any sense now.

Anyways, thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:

I am aware of poisons scaling with str / elemental damage.
The builds I had in mind are:
Archer 3 - Scout 3 - Fletcher (AoE is covered by Scout’s Split Arrow and single target dps is covered by Flether)

Archer 3 - Wugushi 3 - Cannoneer (single target / AoE with Wugushi + AoE from Cannoneer)

*Using Cannon sub-weapon won’t allow me to use Viper bow which will hurt poison damage since the lack of elemental damage

Archer 3 - Wugushi 2 - Schwarz Reiter 2 (more single target orientated with little AoE from Wugushi)

*Viper can be substituted by Manamana pistol for big elemental damage bonus for poison

That is party playing xD
Even is is autoparty you still benefit from them.they dont have to do anything, just by hiting they spread poisons and help you gain that aoe.

If you play missions/dungeons that much then wugu can really help you

Both seem viable for me, it will depend more on your focus. Scout can be more PvP oriented and normal mob killer, wugu is more a heavy mob / boss killer

Thank you once again for your answer :slight_smile:

I think that if i hit them with poisons, then running shot + kneeling shot, and can really help everyone, and even me while soloing…

Tomorrow, will be the decision day…

Wugonqu does more damage than Throw gu pot, just fyi.

Have you been to Tyla yet? If not, poison would help since every mob the quests throw at you will be flying and tanky, and half of them are mages. I usually end up running in circles waiting for my pots to cooldown, so poison may help there.

The maps until Inner Enciente District won’t have mobs that are packed as densely as Tenet or Demon Prison, but there is a grind wall coming up in Alameth Forest but I hear the density’s not that great and you must go in parties due to tanky and damaging mobs.

Wugushi c2 here, here’s my pov :

• Needle Blow : single target dot with the highest damage, 2 ticks every seconds

• Wugong Gu : close to Needle Blow in damage, single target dot, can spread to X mobs (with X = skill level) if you continuously hit the first mob infected, 2 ticks every seconds

• Zhendu : low damage dot (about 1/3rd of Needle Blow (does not seem to scale well with stats), only one attack applies the dot, give the buff to your teammates (does not stack on the same mob), 1 tick every seconds (I think), -35 poison resist with attribute maxed

• Throw Gu Pot : poison aoe that lasts 6 seconds, less damage than Wugong Gu, works as a passive aggro (mobs tend to go into), poison stops as the pot disappears, only hits ground mobs

All these skills have no overheat.
I haven’t tested the other skills yet.

Wugushi excels in boss fight and pack of mobs with high health.
Also it has great synergy with Linker (obviously) !