Tree of Savior Forum

Wugushi / Viper Bow questions (Damage / Skills / High LVL parties)

Hi there,

I am working on my first wugushi (QS3 - Wug3, i am just getting my first Wugushi class) and while i am not there yet, I have a few question about Viper bow and it’s functionality.

Viper bow questions:

1 - Does Viper poison damage apply to skill or only Auto-attack? (i suspect it does, but need confirmation)

2 - Do I have to keep Viper bow on for additional poison damage to continuously apply to wugushi skills or can i cast needle blow with Viper bow on and switch to crossbow without needle blow loosing the extra damage?

Wugushi question:

One simple question as i see a lot of classes concerned with this:

Do Wugushi get invited to high level parties (220-280) or do they get rejected like a swordsman without taunt?

PS. if possible, i would like a reply from some one who is at least lvl170+ Wugu and can do a real life test,

Thanks

1- yes
2-poison updates each tick bassed on your real-time stats, the moment you switch weapons, or apply buffs the DoT tick changes.

about partyes archers in general dont have much trouble finding them, though depends on how picky some ppl are or you overall character

for more info here is my wugushi guide.

Great info there, thank you for that

I have a follow up question,

Do you know if physical damage of your second hand calculates toward poison skills such as needle blow? and as a result, do you know how Viper compares to having say Venom and a good crossbow?

The damage of your second hand doesn’t calculate on poison skills but if it has elemental damage like arde, mana mana, etc, it will add. Additionally, if the mob is a flying type and you’re using 2 handed bow, the archer attribute 100% bonus dmg to flying mobs applies to poison ticks as well. By that said, weapons with bonus damage to certain race, armor types will increase your poison ticks as well. Enchants that increase your physical damage and elemental damage also adds to the poison ticks. Your main hand weapon (crossbow) dmg also takes into consideration in the poison ticks. Zhendu doesn’t scale in physical damage.

Mana-Mana>Venom.

another diference is that the elemental damage doesnt have a def penalty like physical damage, so viper increases poison damage by a lot more than everything EXCEPT Mana Mana wich has almost the same elemental damage.

Mana-Mana>Viper>Venom>Karacha>Arde Dagger(applyes only to Wugushi)

great info, guess I’m not going for viper now and save up for a mana-mana, which bow do you suggest for poison when it comes to hitting flying units? viper > all?

Ur dots also do doble damage on flying units if you are using a bow… Imo, Every archer needs a bow, even with op end game subweapons.

Can Wugushi use pistols? is it default for all archer classes or only some sub classes?

Additionally, do you know if Running shot sticks to lvl 7 that i get from GC after i switch to Viper?
as an eeexample, if i cast Running shot with Grandcross, then switch to Viper, will running shot stay at lvl 7 or will it drop to lvl 5?

all archer classes can use pistols. No, the bonus from GC disappears.

so, is it save to say that best combo (excluding flying mobs) would be Didel GC + manamana for both QS3 and Wugu? @kuramike00

Depends really. I personally like my Isbality cuz that’s like +340 poison tick every 0.5 sec when you’re fighting devil mobs/boss. I don’t have a DGC so I can’t test out how the combination works compared to isbality and mana mana.

good to know, and thanks for a quick reply! @kuramike00

wait so you mean I can’t do this GC RS - switch to viper bow - apply poison - then switch back to GC and do RS? I thought that you could do GC RS then use viper for your RS and still get the applied bonus from GC?

Unless they fixed it or changed it, that’s what I’ve tested weeks ago and a lot of ppl have claimed when they tested running shot and finestra.

I thought it was a snapshot kind of thing for the bows, that sucks then, since I only have a window of 9sec to use viper in doing poison damage then need to switch back to my GC to do more damage on RS.

With that said do you still recommend getting a viper? or just save for mana mana so I can do strong poison damage with RS together without switching, then get another better bow for flying mobs? @alaia.sun @kuramike00

What is your build? For flying mobs, maga bow does more raw damage at least for bosses.

I’m qs3 wugu, was thinking if I can’t do the switch between GC and viper cause skills don’t snapshot with weapon, might as well save up for a good bow for flying and mana mana

if you feel confident you can save 7 mill for manamana go ahead, wugushiwise viper is more usefull and easy to get, if you need CB for QS skills then you have a really weird mixup unless you get mana

It’s up to you really. Viper is very economical.