Tree of Savior Forum

Wugushi skills clarification

1. Do the attributes for needle blow, wugong gu, and throw gu pot increase poison tick damage or only initial hit?

2. I have read some old posts on reddit and on the official forums saying that only needle blow scales with physical attack and not wugong gu and throw gu pot. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

[Guide] Wugushi: The Venomous Tribe
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/search?q=Wugushi

1 Like

Edit: Needle blow Scales with physical attack

Wu Gong Gu and throw gu pot scale with physical attack. You can test this again by the same weapon and see how the damage decreases when you take it off.

All three skills scale flat atm. You can this test this because if you do do all 3 skills with and w/o mana mana. W/ mana mana + 278 poison damage. W/o mana mana exactly or very close to -278 poison damage. This means that attributes not scaling % as elemental property attacks should scale as well under normal circumstances. I tested this with 65-75% attributes on my wu gong gu, needle blow, and throw gu pot.

I’ve no idea what kind of testing you’ve been doing but they should’ve been scaling off of your physical attack.

0:05
Gorithos 2hd bow - 813 to 855
1670 damage ticks

0:38
No weapon - 729 to 729
1548 damage ticks

0:57
+13 Grand Cross - 922 to 932
1744 damage ticks

1:19
Superior Kracked Shooter - 1058 to 1093
1839 damage ticks

I watched it and tested it. you’re right. The big question is why the needle blow doesn’t change upon changing equipping weapon on and off / or changing different weapons while the poison tick is under duration. If it scales with physical damage, why does it behave like it does. Wu Gong Gu and throw gu pot change poison tick damage as soon as you change weapons or take them off.

that just means for some reason needle blow snapshots when other dots in the game don’t. could for one reason or another be unintentional coding.

but, not the first game to make some dots snapshot and others not – when receiving buffs etc.

That is so weird @_@ and if it scales in physical damage, the poison damage tick should vary as well like wu gong gu and throw gu pot.

snapshotting just means that it takes into account only what your number is at the time you use the ability, rather than updating on every tick. but it is weird that this is the only poison to do so.

Yes, and the biggest of all is that poison tick damage is exactly the same throughout the duration even when wearing a 2 handed bow with great variance of minimum attack~ maximum attack. O well, IMC being IMC. Thanks for the test @Punkd