Tree of Savior Forum

A2 > Sapper2 > _ > _ > Cannoneer PvE build - Suggestions and concerns

Hi there, big thread ahead.

I decided to reroll my main archer, and after reading and researching a lot in these 2 last months, I’m still thinking what I’ll do on ranks 5 and 6.

My build is currently on Sapper c2, and I’m loving it.
This build is purely for PvE, and AoE damage, but I can’t decide if I add more damage, ultility or single target(boss) dps.

I know Fletcher is an amazing class with high single target and AoE skills, but I had one, and I didn’t enjoy the gameplay, so it is NOT an option for me.
Falconer is also NOT an option, since I already have a companion, and no more free slot for a new one in my lounge.

Atm, I’m building it with DEX/STR 3:1, open to change, depending on the classes I’ll take in the future.

So, here are my thoughts(not in order of importance) for ranks 5 & 6:

Scout C1 (Rank 5)

Cloacking

Would add movement speed, and maybe some ultility.

Flare shot

It is a nice skill with little AoE range and good damage, but since I’m not going scout c3, I guess level 5-10 is not as powerfull as magic arrow lvl 5.
But, I could have a double flare shot(lvl 5) if I went Rogue on rank 6(Capture), and that would also synergy with broom trap.

Flu Flu and Camouflage

Little ultility, maybe Flu Flu adds some crowd control.

Scout C2 (Ranks 5 & 6)

Just no. Reasons? I would go scout c2 only to get to c3.
With no Split Arrow and not maxing flare shot, I thing it is a waste to get scout c2, as it will add litte to my build.
Remember I’m not going PvP.

Rogue C1 (Rank 5)

Sneak Hit

Great skill imo. It adds 70% to your crit rate, based on your raw crit rate, wich can be very high, only adding with gear and gems, making it possible for me to go for more STR in my build.
With lvl 5 attribute(MAX) you add 10s to duration, making it 60s for a 70s cooldown, so almost all time.
While the skill is in cd, I can fill that gap with swift step :wink:

Feint

Not really useful in this build, since I won’t spend 1 circle for Ranger, so no Feint+Barrage.
Any other tips on Feint usage?

Capture

Nice skill, has synergy with Broom Trap from Sapper, and adds some ultility for stealing magic circles and traps from enemies.

Vendetta (are you there, V?)

Average single target damage, and fixed +25 STR buff(since it got nerfed), sounds good for me.
20s buff duration and 30s cooldown.
Double damage to bleeding target attribute, may add some rare ultility.

Rogue C2 (Ranks 5 & 6)

Sneak Hit

At lvl 8 plus maxed attribute, lets you have this skill 100% uptime.
My mom would be so proud.

Vendetta

Lvl 10 adds +25 STR, so you already had 25, makes it a total of +50.
Lvl 10 also adds 10s to buff duration, making it a total of 30s buff duration.
Call me math genius.

Evasion

Hmm. Bad move.
Little duration and 90s cooldown. Get away from me, bad skill!

Lachrymator

Not very effective against Daredevil…
Jokes aside, very short duration for 60s cooldown. I mean, come on!
Cand add some ultility for blinding foes, but I don’t like this at all.

Backstab

With Karacha Set, huge single target damage, and high crit rate.
Its attribute makes enemies bleed for 10s, at the cost of +1s cooldown per attribute lvl.
This attribute adds synergy with Vendetta’s, making it a nice combo (if the enemy survives, of course).
Also the bleeding damage comes from your STR and phys atk.

Wugushi

Only reason for me is to go C2 with it(Because of Throw Gu), but C1 adds some great single target damage that can spread through enemies with poison infection.
It is a good supportive kinda, but very good on damage skills also.
Not much a fan of the class, since my build has a lot of DEX.

Here is a nice topic for wugushi debate/info:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/wugushi-info-trading-post-guide-in-progress/230904

Sapper C3 (Rank 5 or 6)

Spike sht… I mean, Spike Shooter

100 seconds of cooldown, no overheat, sh*tty damage, and slow animation. Not a good idea.

So, spending one more rank on sapper just to get more 215 fixed damage per hit with Broom Trap, and maybe maxing a skill or two does not seem worth it with other higher rank classes, that could add so much more to the build.

Schwarzer Reiter (Rank 6)

(Dmn it, I can spell that)

Retreat Shot

Best skill of this class, period. Great AoE damage, although may require some training for the best use of it. Has an attribute tha can nulify an anemy atack with 2,5% chance max.

Concentrated Fire

Nice burst damage skill, don’t know if it can hit more than one enemy like Covering Fire from Musketeer, and if not, still adds a good single target alternative.

Caracole

Interesting skill, fires a charged shot, while your char goes back with the recoil. Very good for escaping certain situations.

Limacon

Shoots an enemy and moves forward with your mount. Does not seem very nice.

Possible builds I thought with these classes:

Scout R5 - Rogue R6 (classic as Batman & Robin)

Wugushi R5 & 6 (like in most Wugushi Builds)

Rogue R5 & 6 (sneaky bastard)

Rogue R5 - SR R6 (I like this one, sneak hit can be used while mounted)

So, please feel free to debate, tear me apart, add constructive criticism about it. Any suggestions are welcome, all I ask is to respect each other.
Also feel free to point out any flaws you think there are in my build.

Thanks in advance.

im doing archer2-sapper2-wugu2-cannoneer :stuck_out_tongue:

pure aoe goodness

2 Likes

Hi there!

What is your Rank/Lvl right now?

Do you most of the times walk with your inventory near to full?

I’m concerned about the weight of the Ash Wood+Poison pots limiting my inventory…

you dont have to do poison pots. im using grummer leafs to refill my poison pot :stuck_out_tongue: ash wood wise. they are no that heavy.

but since you said you’re 3:1 dex heavy build. idk if wugu would be the class for you since poisons doesnt scale from dex at all.

have you ever thought of archer2-sapper2-archer3-falconer-musketeer/canoneer?

i was gonna make another archer:
archer3-sapper2-falconer-musketeer and go dex heavy.

Falconer in rank 6 is pretty solid I hear. Circling can turn Cannoneer’s massive nukes from ~8 targets to as many targets as you can pull.

Hmm, thanks for the info about the poison pot.

About Falconer, I listed on the topic as not an option for me, since I already have a companion, and no more free space in the lounge.

But it would be a nice addition if possible.

Read above, please. I know it adds big deal to AoE, but I can’t go for a Falconer.

what skills u get for archer 2??

I got these:

• Swift step lvl 9
    Up all the time, with the 25% crit buff attribute.

• Multi Shot lvl 10
    Very useful until late game, currently leveling its damage attribute.
    Quick charge attribute already bought.

• Oblique Shot lvl 5
    Just for ultility in leveling, and killing mobs in early to mid game, while others are on cooldown.

• Kneeling Shot lvl 5
    For ultility too. I don’t use this a lot, but I have fun when I do.
    Fine attribute that adds 10% more crit rate when using it.

• Heavy shot lvl1
    Useless. I never use this one, but it is a situational skill.

what are your stats ??? I intend to be A2 > SAPPER3 > FALCONNER > CANNONNER.

Right now I’m lvl 99,

• Dex 101
  • Str 39
  • Con 30

5k hp atm.
I suggest you don’t go to sapper c3, because it doesn’t add much to your damage.
You could go rogue, scout or wugushi on rank 5 to add more damage or ultility to the build, but do as you prefer.

It is better if you invest in your attributes for dmg on sapper skills.

I really can’t comment on Heavy shot, but I got lvl 1 Full Draw and I’m happy I did it. I find it useful in more situations I expected: I got it for the reduced defense attribute so that I would spam my other damaging skill, but the movement restraint is actually good. I temporarily neutralize monsters that would be hard to deal with in group battles; or I immobilize the target and switch into kneeling shot when I’m fighting a single target and my other skills are in cooldown. Maybe it will lose utility later in the game, but the playstyle is fun now! :grinning:

Other than that I got the exact same skill distribution from yours. It’s nice to share good taste hahahahah

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing that info on Full Draw!
I’m thinking of making a new Archer to test it out.

And oh, the slow attribute for Oblique Shot works very well, too!
Works also on bosses(even in dungeons), it’s wonderful to make them slow for 5/6 seconds, since we’re archers!

And thanks for the compliment, I’m having a lot of fun with this build. :slight_smile:

wouldnt it be way easier to level with at least c1 ranger?

I disagree.

I went ranger with my first archer, and I’m leveling easier or just as easy with Archer c2 and sapper.
By the way, sapper c2, is a lot stronger than ranger c3 in rank 4.