Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain Discussion

I’ve come to a conclusion that playing a STR/SPR - DPS oriented Chaplain is utterly impossible. We can’t play as pure STR, because none of the skills scale with it, we can’t play as pure SPR, because we are missing the 10% stat bonus STR and INT get on every rank up, and frankly you need to reach rank 5 to unlock Aspergillum anyway. Not going for SPR also means that Stone Skin becomes kinda meh. That leaves us with INT, which has an OK scaling with Aspersion and Blessing, but has no scaling what so ever with Sacrament and Last Rites. Going full INT also means that Paladin and Monk are out of the window and we are left with Druid and Plague Doctor, which brings the question, why are we even playing as melee?

Skill Explanation:

Scales with both INT and SPR, but is only viable after you reach rank 5 and unlock Aspergillum. Attribute can boost the damage by 100%.

Scales with both SPR, INT and Skill Level - (70.1 + (SPR × 0.06 + INT × 0.02) × 14). The lowest damage with maxed attribute is 177.94. It triggers on Auto Attack, Sacrament and Aspergillum and added elemental damage, such as Arde Dagger and Cafrisun set.

Has no scaling, adds +40 Holy and +40 Damage on max rank, triggers on Auto Attack, the holy damage counts as an additional hit, that triggers Blessing.

Bread and butter of auto attack based Cleric, applies the current level of Aspersion on every auto attack which triggers Blessing.

Scales off Sacrament only, seems to boost the damage of Auto attacks and Skills by about 40% on max level with level 10 Sacrament.

Overall, some testing has to be done, because I can’t seem to find a decent video explaning Last Rites (people using Cafrisun Set and Arde Dagger when trying to determine the damage -.-). As far as I’ve seen, Last Rites seems to increase the total damage by a % based on Sacrament, I’m not completely sure if it applies only to auto attacks, or on skills and buffs such as blessing as well.

hey could i ask a question? does aspersion enhance attribute increases aspergillum’s damage?

oh ya btw, your build, cleric should still have 10 more skill points for you to use. add into fade, devine might, and cure to have some damage. add 1 deprotect zone too for your PD incinerate to have 1 more sec. basically your blessing u should add to lv 3 and reduce your sacrement level by abit. you could only learn blessing attribute which adds 2 atk per level max lv 50 at lv 3 blessing. thats 100 extra damage per hit. scaling with any of your attacks including cure. a leveling skill for early level. and i beilieve you still have some stats point for your PD for pandemic because my build is slightly similar too.

If you want to build STR, then use a toy hammer and attack with a dagger. The extra attacks you get from your skills will make the explosion proc very often ( and the explosion damage scales with your STR ).

Yes, Aspergillum basically casts your Aspersion on each auto attack. I’ve left a lot of points out, because they are not necessary for the build, and people can use them according to their playstyle. Also, I’d rather keep Sacrement at level 10, as it boosts the damage of pretty much everything in combination with Last Rites, while Blessing always does ■■■■ damage, not to mention it only lasts 40 sec at best.

@zhouyu47 I don’t see Toy Hammer working after reaching a certain level, is the scaling 1/1?

I will make a similar build. So when we could test last rite we come wi th info.
Its very hard to find those infos cause chaplain only became an option on ktos but 29 march is almost upon us.
Good luck

STR is definitely out of the picture for Chaplain.

Its either full INT or INT/SPR. If we could rely on stone skin, maybe putting CON wouldnt be that beneficial, unless trying to avoid OHKOs putting a lil bit of CON is needed.

The damage stays relevant as long as you are putting points in STR, yes.

I was just thinking, by going full INT, wouldn’t make that Exorcise + Magnus Exorcismus combo somewhat viable?

Im not sure if those skills are worth investing into. Havent heard anything good from it. I might be wrong though.

You need to check some videos, ME now useless

@Karjalainen Rank 6 in relation if you go straight for Cleric 2.

On that note, does anyone know if Deploy Capella only applies skills that we actually learned? If not, what level are they based on, do we get lv 1 Blessing or lv 15?

IIRC, its based on our skills level respectively. Increasing Capella just for longer duration.

Alright here is where I feel your looking at it all wrong. You’re only looking at the Priest -> Chaplain route. You have to remember there is more beyond that where your pure Spr can increase damage.

Now hear me out, sure this may be best in the ideal situation but this build maximises full Spr in a Chaplain dps route.

Now you may see this and say “this is the most Dansgame thing I’ve ever seen”, but keep reading.

Deprotected Zone = Defense Shred debuff -> Indirect Physical Damage Increase to all
Monstrance = Defense & Evasion Shred debuff -> Indirect Physical Damage Increase to all
Zalciai = Crit Resist Shred debuff & Crit Attack buff -> Direct/Indirect Physical Damage Increase to all
Hexing = Magic Defense Shred debuff -> Indirect Magic Damage Increase

Do you see where I am getting at?
Some monsters you can literally destroy all the defense they have turning your wet noodle hits into sturdy “HULK SMASH” increases. As well if you are in party play this impacts your teams damage immensely.
Only gripe is setting it up. Which we all can agree is way more time consuming and harder than it is to just walk about and smack with full str or int.
But hey, everyone has there own playstyle. Just don’t discount certain builds because they may not fit your thinking.

P.s. I didn’t put points fully into the builds, just the stuff necessary for the auto attack chaplain to make damage with full Spr

Edit: Spelling Errors

So not having Monstrance and Blessing would mean not casting it? #Fingerscrossed

@megamanex14 That looks like a really viable build, it does however takes a shitload of preparation to execute, especially for fodder mobs. I’m going to correct my thread and add DPS oriented Chaplain, because this to me looks like a debuff oriented support. Additionally, I wonder, how exactly are you supposed to level up building pure SPR, because solo grind goes out of the window?

No monstrance and blessing will still be given to you from Capella, even if you dont have the points from priest.

I’ll make a believer out of you yet :pray:
Yeah like I said “Only gripe is setting it up”.
Solo grand actually isnt that bad. It picks up once you get sacrement (Of course you gotta stick with Dark enemies for the bonus). It increases exponentially when you get Chaplain, but yes it will feel a tad bit slow.

When you get to Krivis you will feel excited because you will start seeing crits with Zalciai debuff up. You’ll be like oh ■■■■ I can crit?!

Of course I would rather get Krivis at rank 2 to smooth the leveling with zaibas, but if you want to rush for Chaplain then Priest all the way!
http://imgur.com/wNT9pw9

1 Like

The sad thing about Defence and Magic Defence in this game is that lowering them provides a flat increase in damage. That’s why you don’t see people going crazy over those skills.

Exorcise and Magnus Exorcismus are easily two of the worst C3/4 spells in the game. Do not go near those things.

1 Like

True, but your forget when multipliers like % dmg increase and weaknesses are involved flat, damage increases scale really well. Especially because % is added at the end of the damage formula

That is not the reason why it won’t work well. Auto attacks scale with STR so it could be close to Aspergillum.

The reason is the lack of synergies with other classes. With an INT build you can put down high damage ground spells and while it is in effect you can still continue hitting with your quite good auto attacks.

STR skills break your auto attacks more…especially if they have long animation. There are little synergies like Conviction with an element sub weapon…but most likely that still will be far away from the dps you can achieve with an INT build. Also with STR builds you can miss…

SPR builds however will work fine imo. You just have to look at them as more defensive and debuffing classes rather than dps.

That sounds somewhat nice and this made me think about something X)… Do you think we would still get the matk from maces or wands to Aspergillum if we attack with dagger? Because daggers are faster… so we would hit with Aspergillum etc. faster…

1 Like