Tree of Savior Forum

🌸 [Guide] jTOS or how to [RESOLVE] most of your issues with iTOS.🌸

Important: Don’t delete your iTOS client. You will need it to receive up-to-date English translations.

  1. Register your Nexon JP account following one of the guides.

  2. Download jTOS client.

You have 2 options. I chose the right one. http://i.imgur.com/8qiH2sj.png

  3. Run treeofsavior.exe. Always choose the left option to continue. After selecting an installation folder, download will start.

Warning: Insaller will use your default temp folder. You may want to change environmental variables to use another disk for your temp folder if you don’t have ~10 GB of free space on your system disc.

  4. Press a big yellow button on the main site. A pop-up will show telling that you need a Nexon Game Manager. You will be redirected to its download page. Press a big blue button to install.

Note: You will need to allow your browser to launch “Nexon Game Controller”. This page may also be glitchy in Firefox.

  5. Client will patch and launch itself. Launch it w/o VPN (for a higher speed) and get your first “Nexon passport auth failed” after patching.

  6. Now you will need a japanese IP. There are many guides for PSO2. I used this one. You will only need to set up SoftEther VPN.

Doing it wrong https://i.gyazo.com/10ccafb7b5cd7e666893975d31c6b9fc.png

Note: You may trigger a captcha challenge by changing IP’s. Don’t worry, this is just a simple kana. Use hiragana knowledge and japanese IME/online virtual keyboard or sharp eyes and hiragana table.

Note: If you are getting “Nexon passport auth failed” error after turning on your VPN, refresh the main site, login into your Nexon account and complete captcha challenge.

  7. Now you can finally launch jTOS and play.

Warning: The most populated server ライマ (Laima, my personal choice) is at the bottom. The least populated server is at the top of the list.

Server list https://i.gyazo.com/3078da35a79e05fd1f1c3bb2b7243c8c.png
___
Choosing a good VPN Soft Ether is good.

It may take few attempts to find a good server that won’t teleport your char back few times in a row however.

First, sort them by their total score.

Then choose a server depending on its uptime, line speed and ping.

• Uptime - for a lower probability of being DC’ed.
  • Line speed - to transmit sudden bug chunks of data.
  • Ping has less impact here than you may think, but less = better.

Try to load web pages and run/cast in the game. Disconnect and connect to another one if you are not satisfied.

If you are lucky this server may last for a few days.

___
Applying English translations.

Note: This part is glitchy and will often give you $NoData$ everywhere. Any advice is welcome.

  1. Copy TreeOfSavior\release\languageData\English -> Tree Of Savior JP\release\languageData

  2. Select English language using the ingame options tab.
     OR
     In user.xml set <Config [...] Language="English"[...]/> or copy it from your iTOS folder.

___
How write in Japanese.   1. Add Microsoft IME/install Google IME.

  2. Change your system locale to japanese.

  3. Run the game, switch to Japanese language with ALT+SHIFT or by running TOS in the window mode.

Press ALT+ CAPS_LOCK for katakana or CTRL+ CAPS_LOCK for hiragana.

___
How to search items on the market. Switch your game language to Japanese. This doesn't seem to work with translations.

For words you can translate, use google translate and copy/paste them. It may take some time to pick the right kanji.

If you cannot translate a word, it will most likely be written in katakana as a foreign word. Most item names are proper names and thus cannot be translated. Many other words are also written in katakana.

In this case:

  1. Switch to katakana input.

  2.Try to find the closest match for your desired item name.

katakana table http://kanaquest.com/lessons/images/media/katakana-chart.gif

Example:
Let’s search for Cafrisun set parts.

cafrisun -> ka-fu-ri-sa-n -> カフリサン

Just a little practice and you won’t need the table above.

Also, try different combinations, check the item name somewhere (map, market search with type/level filters, recipe on the market).

Tenet starts with タ(ta), beetleback starts with ビ(bi), gem is ジェム(jemu) though it can be translated.

___
Useful macro.(keybinds)

よろしくです [Yoroshikudesu] - Nice to meet you.
日本語は話せません [Nihongo wa hanasemasen] - I cannot speak Japanese.
お疲れ様でした [Otsukaresamadeshita] - Good work.

And number of short forms like よろしく, よろです, よろー, おつー etc.

type it via japanese IME under japanese locale using hiragana (CTRL+ CAPS_LOCK).
SPACE to change writing, ENTER to finalize the part.

Note: You need to type ”wa” (は) as ”ha”.

Or you can just type in romaji like: yorosu, otukare.

___ See you on the other side, my fellow baka gaijins (´。• ω •。`)
Oh, and ping is OK. http://i.imgur.com/1Ab9RCd.jpg

Discussion thread:

Please keep this one mostly for technical aspects.

25 Likes

いいねこれ:heart_eyes:

ふえふえふえ

1 Like

Interesting, but in the tutorial, do we need these?

My guess is no but it doesn’t cost to ask.

I won’t ask you to do a tutorial for that part here since it will probably end up being deleted.

Also, anyone can do the registration using the built-in translator from the browser, just set it to translate from JP to English (since for other languages end up even more messed up).

I was referring to SoftEther VPN setup process. You don’t need PSO2 related stuff. I’ll add it to my 1st post. I’ll also make hyperlinks more visible.

1 Like

Ah ok, because in that link from the post they say to use that other method since the other can cause issues due to multiple connections.

I will check the VPN one, but if it require subscription, i will stay clear, it is not worth pay for a service just for a game that the devs break more than fix and don’t give a drop of attention to its community.

This is the most decent free (open source actually) program I found.

1 Like

Yeah i saw earlier the VPN Gate website, i tried setup it with OpenVPN since it does offer the config files download, but no avail, i will try use their client, seem to do the job automatically so it make things simple.

Where are the ping ?
22.59 ms inst your ping…
//ping please…

http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm

1 Like

Added some /ping for you.

@Reilet thanks, added it.

2 Likes

bookmarked. finna do dailies in ITOS and just do shenanigan non meta stuffs in JTOS.

Ping
it’s playing from SEA to an NA
Then again, playing with that ping on XIV, never really got me killed .

How do you buy tokens?

Good enough for me considering my usual Fedimian ping.

I don’t know. Usually you need to buy NX points and then buy premium items with NX.

http://tos.nexon.co.jp/players/tpshop/

reading this makes me wanna quit so bad and jump on jtos , i wonder how shitty my ping would be if i play from europe xD.

Atari is the true savior

Captcha challenge = フエフエフエフエwwwww :imp::imp:

2 Likes

I LOVE U

Question - with the proxy set up, can u use WTFast on top of this to improve your ping?

You can use proxy to improve your connection between you and VPN server, but you will need to fill IP/port, etc. fields.

SoftEther VPN creates a virtual internet adapter and re-routes all traffic through it.

But WTFast is software, right? If it doesn’t give you IP/port info then you will connect its server after passing all way to JP VPN and it will only improve your connectivity between VPN server and TOS server.

I live in Australia so every bit helps.
WTF doesn’t give anything about IP/port info.
Given this info, will WTFast help when using SoftEther VPN?