Tree of Savior Forum

1st JTOS thread

I don’t think such investments worth much on a dead server.

I mean you can have 15 lv330 chars with transcended equips, but what’s the point if there are no ppl to play with?

Also those JP servers combined have 100+ times higher population than most regional servers and can be merged in the case of too low population. Regional servers on the other hand … well there are certain difficulties.

Anyway, jTOS worrth trying at least.

3 Likes

What is the reason IMC refuses to find a publisher for itos version or just asks nexon?

Initial reasons were probably:

• Ability to use Steam to self-publish and probably gain more profits with less expences (Lower publisher’s commission).
  • Nexon’s reputation on the western market.
  • Community support (fastest greenlight on steam ever, etc.).

But then IMC realized that they don’t have:

• Localization department. -> They asked community for help and then betrayed it by applying the worst P2W practices.
  • Marketing department. -> Did nothing.
  • Experienced GM’s. -> Hired few janitors working for food.

And became greedy. Worse than Nexon.

Money is a strong drug and It’s like an unexperienced addict vs an experienced one. The second one knows his norm.

Current reasons are probably:

Nexon or any other publisher won’t take it because:

• Hype train became a trainwreck. It is hard to raise this game from ashes of expectations.
  • IMC already created a bad reputation for this game.
  • Many players have already moved to other games.

Also:

• Giving the game to another publisher means a full wipe (so that a publisher could make profits from newly sold premium stuff). Not many players will come back after that.
  • IMC’s greed. Milking to the end.
  • IMC’s pride.
5 Likes

Not really. Nexon although is under the same name but each region is considered its own division. Each division decides whether an IP is worth their time and money, and can reject an IP even if other Nexon divisions are clearly bringing it in their regions. If Nexon NA brings in ToS it will probably be usToS which will serve US, Canada and US Territories only. EU will have to approach Nexon EU, and SEA will be left out again even when it is the one of the biggest market for games like ToS.

Personally I felt that the decision made by IMC to go for a Steam distribution is more of caring for the international community as a whole than just merely want to profit the most. Most publishers will only take regional licences to maximise their profits. If an MMO wants to have unified user accounts internationally, the company will most likely be publishing their own IP too, just look at FFXIV, WoW.

Just like the other thread about warframe, it is hard for IMC to find a publisher that is willing to take in a game internationally, especially when publishers have to region lock every single IP they get their hands on to maximise profits. And so yeah, it will be a hard path for IMC to take, it kind of all depends on whether we will stick with it to the end just like how the initial warframe founders stick long enough to see the game bear fruit? Right? :3

3 Likes

Do you speak japanese ? If no, how can u communicate with the local there if i may ask ?

Macroed greeting and “goodbye” are enough for dungeons.

If I see too many moonrunes during the run, I use magical

Hmm, “Harvest festival”. Interesting.

Fortune cookie event. Now on jTOS.

Announcement.
Google translate.

Man that translation is so crappy… Google should be embarrassed to offer this service.

But it’s really hard to translate the text because there are so many phrases that I’m not sure how to translate them into English because English is even more foreign than Japanese for me in terms of culture and daily life xD

A more accurate approach could be:

"Because the townsfolk is usually too embarrased to express their thanks, they’ve prepared much chocolate, too much to be eaten, as a thank you-gift for the Revelators.
Because the Revelators wanted to not waste the chocolate they recieved and thought to eat it bit for bit over time, they hid it at secret locations.

The low-ranked monsters, who noticed the sweet smell, stole the chocolate and offered it as a tribute to the bossmonsters! [kinda strange text flow, I’d expect a “shigashi” or “demo” to initiate a phrase ending with an exclamation mark in this context, because of the strong contrast…].

Revelators, before it is eaten, retrieve the chocolate that is filled with everyones emotions !!"

Interesting story line, jp minds hahaha.

Nexon’s 2016 investors presentation happened tonight, in it they mentioned TOS:

PC:
Revenue ¥1.4 billion, up 33% quarter-over-quarter
primarily driven by full-quarter contribution from Tree
of Savior

It seems JTOS is doing pretty well financially.

6 Likes

They do have more players than other regions combined…

you know, if they would implement same treatment to US as they do to jToS, we might be better off too…

even if tokens are untradable, but everything else in TP shop and as far as content goes matches, i feel like we could have a better gaming experience.

Last night I was so close to pull the trigger on iToS and switch to jToS

Anyone knows if Hunter is any less bugged in jToS? I’ve quited iToS because I couldn’t two skills without one failing.

I tried it, I get 400 ping there, unplayable unfortunately :frowning:

It is +/- the same I guess. Nexon cannot fix bugs.

There are few old bugs here like falcon that starts circling after monsters are already dead.

Or necro corpses resetting after instances (m-m-m free skeletons).

Yes, Ashuran, I already have a Sorc1 → Necro2. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dafoq 5.25 AM in Japan, Klaipeda population.

Anyone still playing? Going to make the sacrifice of creating my main char a templar, gaijins need a guild as well, I guess.

1 Like

Yep, did 3/3 225 Siaulai quite fast. 190 dun is slower due to my lvl tho ._.

Japs tend to sleep during nights and CCU drops drastically during 3~6 AM.

That’s nice. I’m a bit too lazy for a 4th R7 char. Or maybe Ill make it after all, I dunno.

So, how will you name it?

1 Like

Yay that’s why I uploaded that pic, like 100 people only in Klaipeda at this hour holy moly.

Don’t know yet, I just started my char with another friend, we have time to discuss, but I’m open to suggestion tho.

Ping is pretty unstable, got ping spikes from 100 to 1’3k, do you?

Baka Gaijins. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You may want something more neutral though.

300~500. My best was 200~250.

It largely depends on a VPN server. You need some luck to pick the one that won’t teleport you back every 10 seconds and interrupt your skills.