Tree of Savior Forum

A New and Better STR vs DEX answer machine

Hello everyone again.

This is an update on this thread: This will answer (almost) all of your questions about the STR vs DEX debate (pvp not included)

I have updated my previous spreadsheet since there was a horrible miscalculation that allowed STR to double dip. Do not fret, my previous spreadsheet is still valid, but requirements are a little lower

Click here

Here’s a more cleaner one that is only for downloading. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nL5lDD2gm0ALfE9LIyFDpvpxp22m_7hXgmyWnC7PdYw/edit#gid=1601998207

Go to the second sheet. Also, You might want to download it instead.

This spreadsheet allows you to input your own values that you want to see. However, there may be some errors, and if you find any, please tell me.

Also, if there is anything I am missing please tell me. Especially if it’s any percentage based buffs that are factored in before defense.

Archer
lvl 330 Archer + ss + sissel + peta + 3 lvl 7 main hand green gem + Quicken + Monstrance
atk < 1335 = full str
atk > 2635 = 100% crit rate (240:135 str:dex)
crit resist = 200
atk < 1076 = 2.7:1 str:dex
atk > 2300 = 100% crit rate (152:223)

Swordsman
lvl 330 Swordsman + sissel + peta + 3 lvl 7 main hand green gem atk < 4246 = full str 4458 < atk < 5146 = 1:1 atk > 5194 = full dex (p.s this setup only gives 92% crit rate)
above + leather lolopanther set
atk < 4738 = full str
4862 < atk < 5541 = 1:1
atk > 5530 = 100% crit rate
crit resist = 130 (no lolopanther)
atk < 3347 = full str
3715 < atk < 4430 = 1:1
atk > 4600 = full dex (74% crit rate)
above + lolopanther (same as crit resist = 59)
atk < 3839 = full str
4120 < atk < 4822 = 1:1
atk > 4924 = full dex (84% crit rate)
crit resist = 200
atk < 2863 = full str
3316 < atk < 4044 = 1:1
atk > 4281 = full dex (66%)
  • above + lolopanther is same as crit resist = 130

lvl 330 Highlander + sissel + peta + 3 lvl 7 main hand green gem
atk < 3808 = full str
atk > 5823 = full dex
crit resist = 200
atk < 2015 = full str
atk > 4633 = full dex

lvl 330 Doppelsoeldner + sissel + peta + 3 lvl 7 main hand green gem + DoV 10
atk < 7845 = full str 
atk > 8724 = full dex 
crit resist = 200
atk < 5905 = full str
atk > 7453 = full dex

lvl 330 Fencer + sissel + peta + 3 lvl 7 main hand green gem + epee stance lvl 7
atk < 1738 = full str
atk > 2188 = full dex
crit resist = 200
atk < 1106 = 2:1 str:dex (<- technically impossible to go lower than this)
atk > 1683 = full dex

lvl 330 Swordsman + sissel + peta + 3 lvl 7 main hand green gem + Quicken + Monstrance
atk < 2140 = full str
atk > 3550 = 100% crit rate
crit resist = 200
atk < 1062 = full str (only possible if monster has really high defense)
atk > 3224 = 100% crit rate

Cleric/Wizard
level 330 Cleric + sissel + peta + 3 level 7 green gem
atk < 3071 = full STR
atk > 4289 = full DEX
above + leather lolopanther set
atk < 3517 = full STR
atk > 4603 = 100% crit rate
crit resist 130 (no lolopanther)
atk < 2253 = full STR
atk > 3319 = full DEX
crit resist 130 + lolopanther
atk < 2700 = full STR
atk > 3607 = full DEX
crit resist 200
atk < 1813 = full STR
atk > 3034 = full DEX

level 330 Cleric + sissel + peta + 3 level 7 green gem + Monstrance
atk < 1947 = full STR
atk > 3442 = 100% crit rate
crit resist 200
atk < 971 = full str
atk > 2510 = full dex

level 330 Cleric + sissel + peta + 3 level 7 green gem + Monstrance + Quicken
atk < 1378 = full STR
atk > 2853 = 100% crit rate
crit resist 200
atk < 1003 = full STR
atk > 2631 = 100% crit rate

This only takes the damage formula up until crit attack because everything after that point is extra damage multipliers that don’t change the outcome. Also, this is assuming monster defense of 0, so it will be higher in practice.

Also, high/full STR automatically assumes that skill damage is low enough to be under the specified number. High/full DEX automatically assumes that skill damage is high.

Full STR is roughly 860~890 STR at level 330, natural attack is usually 372. Full DEX is usually around 30 STR or so.

7 Likes

So are you saying that full str build is always the best?

._.

Not at all. Sometimes full STR will be better, sometimes it won’t. In fact, since i’ve corrected the double dipping of STR, it is very hard to say what is the best stat distribution.

So what ur saying is we still dont know which is better :wink:

2 Likes

We do know which is better. From 0 to a certain point, STR will be better and this applies to the majority of classes. From that certain point to infinitely increasing damage DEX will be better.

The only thing is, that certain point is different for specific classes.

For instance, almost all swordsman will usually be better off with STR. Archers are very finicky about theirs, but cannoneer and musketeer being far better with DEX most if the time.

Not making this publicly viewable? Need to request permission to see it apparently.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

ya, same here … request access is needed …

wtf

1 Like

Just a question, why both of them are better with DEX?

both has huge base damage …

while all swordie skills are not .

But the damage from their skills aren’t constant, they’re also scaled with your attack, aren’t them?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Really? Strange…

I went to look at it and a person named Фёдоров Андрей restricted access to it… Uh… Anyone care to explain why someone would do this?

Anyways I fixed that idiot’s decision to restrict access.

@PrinceMark
-A glove and your level gives you all the accuracy you need for monsters. It’s a different story for pvp.
-That’s why you factor in CON in the first place. I’ve allowed you to do that with what I made.
-Indeed. I agree.

@Elysees
As what @irvanprayoga92 said. Their base damage is just that high. It doesn’t even matter what STR you have for it because STR is just that insignificant for their skill damage. While the skills do scale linearly with STR it doesn’t increase it by much. The multiplicative increase from critical hits just wins overall. This applies to any game that ends up going to super high damage scaling. Percentage based factors always benefit high damage more than flat additional damage.

@deanleroy89692
Nothing wrong with that. Looks good.

1 Like

TL:DR (for me)

Swordsman = STR
Archer = DEX

This is not true for all archer builds.

You mention in the spreadsheet about not knowing how Deeds of Valor works? One stack of DoV takes 10% of your current minimum attack and adds it to both min and max attack. That includes buffs, so it gives more attack if you use Gung Ho before DoV rather than after.

Also there’s a way to get DoV stacks without running into monster attacks. Eating a Lapasape Mushroom poisons you and hits 7 times for small amount of damage (233 per tick for me). Those hits count for DoV, and makes skill levels 5-7 pretty viable for damage output.

Oh really? Thanks I can fix it then. Ah but… That is going to be annoying to do since I’ve directly put in the damage formula in the charts…

Edit: I’ve added Deeds of Valor formula into the damage. It should be correct according to Smalt, but I can be wrong.

It works fine from what I tried. Here’s a before and after of 1 stack of Deeds of Valor:

The spreadsheet gives the correct result.

Okay. Thanks for double checking me. I really appreciate it.

Updated this thing for a few adjustments.

i.e fixed Swift Shot, Sneak Hit, Deeds of Valor, and a few other things.

If anyone notices anything wrong please tell me.