Tree of Savior Forum

Planning to make sw1-p1-hop3-dop1-drag2 full PVE. Need help with skills

Hi guys I’m planning to make a dragoon. focusing on PVE. Need help with proper skill build. Thanks

Skills: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/orbmpfr75z/
Stats: pure STR

You don’t need Dex to hit mobs or bosses and your crit rate will come from Finestra, Green Gems, Sissel, etc. Some would say to put some Con but if you need the HP, just use HP gems, plate mastery, and HP head costumes. If you need block, know when to use Guard to block attacks.

Only critique I’d make for this build is to take off 3 points from Gung Ho and add them to Bash. Level 3 Bash helps for KD, which can help keep mobs off you in case you need to run and/or re-position.

cnatomos’s build is a perfect skill and stat build, follow what he said.

I’d get Bash at lv. 3 for KD, as @mrcactuar13 said. It’s useful.

You can follow @cnatomos skill build (though I would get 5 points in Gae Bulg, but it’s personal preference)

For stat I suggest going with 100 CON and all DEX instead.

STR matters little at R8, where your crit give you much more damage. And no you won’t crit enough with just finestra and gem.

Bash 3 knockdown is only usefull in PVP (so I’d only get that for cata-goons). In case you need to run and/or re-position, just use Guard or just move away. Bash has half a second casting animation so you’ll still get hit if you need to knockdown the mobs so they can’t kill you.

Also, I just noticed that attribute for Synchro Thrusting which can give +50% damage to piercing attacks. Has anyone used that? How long is the duration of the +50% damage?

Nope. Pretty useful in PvE. Limited use but useful still.

You misunderstood it. It just cutting a portion of shield atk to spear atk. Still, i don’t understand why opening this attribute make the skill stronger although not very large difference.

Synchro thrusting consist of 2 atk, pierce and bash atk. I find out that it still have some use for burst damage in boss fight where i can quickly run from boss AOE but you need to be very close ranged for it not to miss

@danielnito007 Can you detailed explain why bash is useful in PvE? i still considering reset and drop concentrate or gung ho for bash. I find that buffing concentrate is very tedious and love gung ho duration

go DEX>CON, don’t need STR when u have dethrone. dont listen to the nooobs

Well, it buys you time and prevents damage. You can bash, walk a couple of steps and follow with a skill or some AA. Do this once again when the mobs are getting up and you can squeeze some damage until the skill goes on CD. It has a very low CD, so it’s almost spammable. It’s specially good against archers and spell casting mobs. At sw c2, you can buy an attribute that increases Bash AoE.

As I said, it’s limited uses and you’ll end up liking it or not depending on your play style. You know, people say Iron Hook is a PvP skill, right? Well, I use it a lot in PvE. Get 3 elite mobs in melee range, hook them and beat them to death. Bash is similar. It is like a poor/weak(er) version of Iron Hook.

Personally, I can’t stand casting Concentrate so often. Gung Ho has longer duration but I don’t see much of a difference damage wise (but I haven’t spent any silver on Gung Ho attribute). I usually cast Guardian and you can’t have both up at the same time so I don’t mind them. When I look at swordsman class, I see 3 skills: Pain Barrier, Bash and Restrain. You don’t need Restrain for PvE so you’ll likely get sw c1. If so, max Pain Barrier so bosses don’t throw you around all the time and get Bash. Everything else won’t matter say past lv 100. My sword c3 has maxed Pain Barrier, Restrain, Bash 3 and 12 points in Gung Ho. I don’t cast it anymore except before a boss fight. It tires me to re cast it all the time just to get a little bit of extra damage. I have Finestra at 10 (60-65s duration, I can’t recall) and it’s annoying as hell…

P.S.: I hope I could give an objective and subjective view on the skills you mentioned. I digress too easily…

1 Like

Thanks for all the input guys. But dex? really? what’s the logic behind it though. kind confusing lol

Look through this before entering the ongoing war between STR and DEX.

looks intense lol haha alright I’ll give it a go haha

No dex S1 P1 Hop3 Dop 1 Dr 1 50 CON all str ( disregard int it was the effect of Divine Stigma)

1 Like

is 244 crit rate enough though?

im noy using green gems yet coz its my sub haha but if you used green gems i think you can boost to 300+ and its good 12k/crit or more sacra+bless+deeds+10 brandish lucky if yougot swell can boost more dmg and crit

Interesting. It’s still early but I’m planning on starting it out with 4 str 2 con 1 dex ratio then just progress from there.

I see. So Sync Thrusting is really not good to get even with the +50% attribute.

Can’t say it is completely useless. ST still has some uses for burst dmg especially poata. Just that in case you really miss,JUMP AWAY!!!

PS: IMC really need to improve their skill description… NOT in a snail pace