Tree of Savior Forum

3 Main issues of TOS in YOUR OPINION

My 3 main problems with the game are:

1. Linearity
    I think they miss the mark on making a great world map by going for linear progression maps with lvl tags on it, they could have made a living breathing world where you can find high and low levels mobs living on the same map, maybe more like a ecosystem.

2. Combat
    They made a half action half classic rpg combat that could be great but then they chose to make enemies be cannon fodders with awful A.I. and terrible combos. I wish they were in less numbers but really tough to beat, imagine most of the enemies being like the “minibosses” are and a few cannon fodders around them just to try to land some additional damage on you and/or casting some CC to make the battle more challenging.

3. Jobs/Classes
    One of the let downs for me were the fact that classes, just like everything else in the game has a linear progression. The fact that your first class have little to no meaning towards the end of your character just saddens me to no end. I wish I could invest on early classes and keep growing them up to par to high circle classes, maybe not as flashy but at least capable to make the job done.

I wish that helps as feedback at least.

2 Likes

I think i saw that, okay let me check that out too.

2 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri
Any way we could have something like that?
I would encourage myself to buy more TPs

looks great, I am start reading on the link now.
Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

slow respond

ur decision opposite with eula

agree cheat software called add-ons in TOS

My top 2 issues of ToS:
Can’t really think of the 3rd one…

1) Balance
Really huge topic to talk about, mainly is balance on almost everything, pve content, time investment, player experience, interplayer experiences, class balancing, equipment balances etc. With the current R8 balancing, it is worrying how the game will progress as it will just continue to spiral out of control if it carries on using the same mold as R8 for R9 and beyond.

Split them up into chapters for easier reading and am halfway through them.

First thought on balance

And 3 of the 5 parts

2) Communications

Really hope that there will be more communications between the staff/devs and the players more. Granted it is a very tedious and hard thing to do to maintain a good public relations with the community but I do think that it is a good investment for IMC to think about. Since IMC is in for the long haul, fostering a good community will really help out in the long run.

Players are generally more receptive towards changes and delays if the devs communicate more frequently with the players. Involving them with design concept brainstorming is also a good way to build rapport too.

11 Likes

Yuri must now translate the wall of text for the devs or pretend it doesn’t exist :grinning:

I know, this going to be a long work isn’t it? hehe

6 Likes

I’m just too longwinded… but some concepts is really hard to summarise. >.>

I understand :slight_smile: somethings needs a lot of explains. And sometimes even I spend two pages, looks just… not enough lolz

8 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri,

Please suggest this feature for Saalus.

Each boss drop the cube … So, one round might get 3-4 bless shard…

Example: Dungeon that had >1 boss… kill boss in less than 60sec all get extra bonus bless shard or bonus silver reward such as 1m …

Then this will attract people upgrade their weapon and armor and continue journey without problem…

2 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri I forgot of one of my top-list things I don’t like in TOS: How the targeting works.

Sometimes it is too hard to target what you want in PvP and PvE. For example, on Solmiki 25f you simply cannot lock-target again on the boss after the minions spawns because it will target everything else first. It is the same for TBL, it will target the companions and statues first and rarely targets the enemy character you want.

Is there any plan of allowing to target using mouse even on Keyboard/Controller mode or some of ideas in this topic? Allow Mouse target-lock in Controller and Keyboard modes

1. Bosses spamming knockdown all around every 2-3 seconds
  2. ADHD bosses that can’t stay in one place for more than 2-3 seconds.
  3. Tree of bugs, tree of balance, tree of full-time dailies, PvFPS, bots spamming my worldchat without a care in the world… Eh, nevermind the minor stuff - it’s still a jolly fun game to play. At times.

But the first two “features”, through which you have to trudge every day - thank you, the tree of dailies! - appear meticulously (certainly with much more care than the rest of ToS) designed to extinguish any resemblance of enjoyment from playing the game.

1 Like

Recent events are gross (especially the new one).

Okay, About the multi-crafting feature, It has updated to the KTOS, we will also going to add this on upcoming update as well.

2 Likes

Anything like this just to give a little change up to the daily monotonous grind of Saalus. It doesn’t have to be easy but fair, like a tier based rewards, 75% boss hp left after 60 seconds, give some silver, 50% something something, 25% another something and when the party kills the boss they get a blessed shard.

IMC is well aware of the existent problems, and with a continued effort in taking feedback can work with the player base to address the major concerns. The Talk Talk, Dev Blogs, and the GM’s have all talked about most of the issues to a point where nothing seems to be ruled out and major aspects of the game are going to be addressed. I have a lot of hope in the vision and corrective course IMC is now taking, and I’d wager the balance problems especially, but other individual problems will also be dealt with, especially if they keep pursuing feedback with the players. So my main concern, and it has been for a long time, is development quality. What I mean by that is both quality in the sense of a bug free, QA’d release, as well as it coming in a timely matter, development speed. That’s what has me so demoralised. Here on ITOS we’re months behind KTOS and JTOS in terms of content, (it’s important to note though that we received the optimisation update first). I don’t even think that KTOS is receiving content fast enough, and I don’t just mean new features, I mean addressing the things that IMC has been talking about fixing. As ITOS we’re even farther behind an already slow development process, and it’s pretty crushing. Unfortunately, it’s the most difficult thing to change, and no amount of player suggestions can help. A bit on the bright side, from what Mr Kim said in the untranslated Talk Talk, and from what GM_Orange said in game, it looks like IMC has more resources than they previously had and a main priority will be content release quality. I hope IMC continues to improve this game, and I hope they continue with their increased effort in communication, it’s a great move and we all appreciate it.

5 Likes

No, please do not take note of anything from Aeria Games. They are a horrible company!

Can you give me an example?
I would like to know if there is a risk. :smiley:
Oh and about the Cash Shop, Can you tell me more specific about it?
What would it make this better?

Several major companies are well known for exclusively making their games revolve around cash shop spenders, especially those who have been nicknamed “whales.”

Aeria Games is especially notorious for treating the player as nothing more than $$$. Their entire game is built around squeezing money out of players rather than actually improving the game. Exclusive items that require thousands of dollars and are game-breaking as “rewards” for spending say $600.00 (or higher depending on the month and tier). Basic functions, such as upgrading your weapons and armor require cash-shop items. I could go on and on.

They have a very poor reputation among veteran gamers. They also ban users for not being active and “charging” their accounts. Seriously they are a very shady company that is well known for mishandling their games and treating players like garbage.