Tree of Savior Forum

Allow Mouse target-lock in Controller and Keyboard modes

While playing in Controller or Keyboard modes the auto-target feature basically takes the nearest target in the direction a player is facing. While this works for most part of the game, the feature is mostly broken when there are too many targets near each other.

There are scenarios as examples:

1. Bosses: If you take too long to lock target on bosses it gets too hard to target them again until monsters around are killed.
  2. TBL/GvG: If there are too many summons around sorcerers, pets near the players and/or too many statues it gets hard to target players.
  3. Earth Tower: There are some floors where you need to kill specific monsters to get a buff to destroy one objective, aiming those monsters are painfully hard if they get grouped with other monsters nearby.
  4. Earth Tower, Fantasy Library, D290, others: Whenever you need to destroy one objective that can get its hit-box too crowded it is almost impossible to target the objective without killing the monsters nearby.

Along with these problems, there are other derived ones such as:

1. To target characters near too many statues/summons you need to get too near them which causes heavy disadvantage against Mouse Mode players (as Controller/Keyboard mode user).
  2. Same applies for objectives, sometimes the player loses too much time trying to acquire target-lock on these type of targets and this can ruin the entire Earth Tower/Fantasy Library runs.

As well a related problem caused by this targeting mode:

1. On Dungeon Lv.290 you can’t target the Observation Orb in Keyboard/Controller modes and need to use only AoE/non-target skills to break the orb.

Suggestion:
A simple way to lower the impact of these issues as well to offer a dynamic usage of the mouse in the game for Controller/Keyboard modes would be allowing the user to target-lock monsters, bosses and characters by clicking with the mouse.

1 Like

Man, you’re really cringy.

To be honest, this is something I’ve been talking around since iCBT 2.

1 Like

Keyb mode if I’m not mistaken is TAB key, controller you use the Right Stick, but the issue is that they messed up the way it does, it goes randomly instead of sequencial.

There’s no index in the mob when they are running around the player.

To fix that they have to create a radius index:

It’s just a rough sample, but it would be like that, you press tab and it will go around till the last monster in front of the char, ignoring the ones outside of the char line of sight.

2 Likes

As I said, a team of garbage collectors trying to clean up a garbage game.

Sadly the TAB key doesnt work properly, as it most of the time make you target back the first monster targetted when you try to change it by pressing the key.

1 Like

It’s the same for Right Stick, that is the target system not codded properly.

I forgot to mention, but it does prioritize the Tree Crystal Roots like the pets/summons does.

2 Likes

I don’t have a controller so I wasn’t aware of that…so the problem is unrelated to the mode, but to the feature itself. Good to know.

2 Likes

If I could add one detail, I think it may prioritize not only Tree Crystal Roots and actually may be that way for any stationary targets.

Example: Go near Cave Ravinelarva in Alembique Cave and try to aim monsters near those.

EDIT:
I’ve started to face this problem again when trying to do Former Fantasy Library runs with less than 5 people, it turns out to be hard to target some of the objectives. Same goes for ET Solmiki 28F if monsters groups nearby the crystal. As well for ET 23F when Gribas groups too much near the other monsters and you can’t target them at all, not even with the Right Analog/TAB as we talked about.

1 Like

I didn’t tested that tbh, but I wouldn’t doubt, other place is the ravinelarvas in Dvasia Peak or Tontos in Gateway of the Great King.

1 Like

Hi LunarRabbit I know this is an older post but I would also like to add this issue happens when you are playing pet classes like Falconer, if the mouse pointer goes over your Falcon the target you were locked or hovered onto will change to your Falcon which can be a little troublesome at times. Thanks for the post btw :slight_smile: