Tree of Savior Forum

Wugushi R3 Feedback

Mounted classes, wugushis poisons work well because they require no weapon. However you won’t be able to use archer skills. Other than that… falconer is nice or fletcher.

1 Like

Could you tell me what the attribute on detoxify and zhendu mean? I think detox one is poison resistance and zhendu lowers poison resistance but I’m not sure.

How would you rate wugushi skills?

For me it’s difficult as I see some skills as mainly pvp or boss skills. The only skill that I know I would be using on cooldown as wugushi during levelling for me is throwing the pot, unless faced with flying opponents.

Zhendu at the start of the fight against a boss or a player into wugong gu/ needle bow seems the obvious choice, but the SP effectiveness isn’t there ( according to the skill simulator at least ) to actively use them on normal mobs, unless you’re levelling with a linker that will effectively make your single target poison into AoE, and then strengthen it.

As it is I see no reason to take Jincan Gu. It seems like a ■■■■ skill even more with the AI working as it does in this game.

At the same time, what classes do you consider before wugushi? I think that an interesting idea would be Archer -> QS -> QS, I don’t see anything remotely interesting for me in c2/c3 archer other then heavy shot really.

edit: I don’t know if you’ve read those changes but apparently pistols are now a subweapon meaning you can use a crossbow + pistol, opens up a few new paths.

My preferable choice would be something involving r2 wugushi and schwarze rider, but the problem is that any c1-c3 skills are practically useless in that setup, unless mounted pistol/crossbow can use multishot and other bow skills.

From a pvp standpoint; on a scale of 0-5 for usefulness
Detoxify 0/5 - waste of points just to counter other wugushis, attribute just makes you immune to being poisoned again instantly for x amount of seconds.
Needle blow 5/5 - highest single damage per tick, decent initial damage.
Bewitch 2/5 - This skill is meant to enable friendly fire for the affected enemy, if it works like its meant to i’d give it a point.
Jincan gu 0/5 - Just isn’t practical in pvp, but the damage in pve is pretty good if you’re rapidly killing enemies already (beetles can attack flying mobs and you summon 3 per enemy killed, so i’d get like 30+ each doing several hundred damage a second). Would max in pve but not for bossing/pvp. Surprisingly boss traps are affected.
Throw gu pot 3/5 - Kind of need this to be able to mob on wugushi, nice sustainable damage on bosses and it scares people in pvp, damage isn’t too bad.
Wugong gu 3/5 - This ones kinda tough, the initial damage is much higher but the ticks are lower, nevermind the ‘spreading’ factor as it almost never spreads more than once. Pretty much a glorified needle blow for bosses/pvp.
Zhendu 5/5 - Pretty much adds a free DoT for your entire teams first damaging ability or hit, attribute lowers poison resistance which makes the combo pretty deadly with other poison skills (easily ticking for over 1k a second).

To give you an idea, this is what i’d aim to do if I played it in icbt2, and I might make this after I remake my elementalist on there.

Mind you my c1-c3 choices are personal preference, i’m unsure if they work with the new pistol/crossbow setup you would have. Fulldraw is like your own linker type move, and seems to immobilise enemies so it’s nice to have. I’d normally max oblique shot if I was focused on pve (since icbt 2 will probably have free resets, just get it to lvl) because the damage is so high, but you have limacon for that on SR. Honestly the journey might be tough to get to rank 6 on a pvp setup.

Archer classes are kind of… not amazing atm? except schwarze and sapper. They gotta let up on the weapon/unmounted requirements, which I hope making pistols subweapons did.

1 Like

Shower me with your knowledge on SR’s skills.:wink: Retreat shot seems OP and a must, Caracole seems mostly an escape mechanism, and the rest I honestly have no idea about.

Your build is good, not sure if I’d skip heavy shot, even if I’d put only 1 point into it for the CC. I would probably skip throwing the pot if I’m mounted with a heavy heart though cause you can’t use it while mounted :confused: Or I would take it and later on reset if that’s a possibility for faster leveling until SR.

I’d definitely take Zhendu, Needle bow, and then probably some wugong gu with bewitch if I’ll be making the poisonus SR.

The grudge against heavy shot is that oblique already has an attribute that practically makes enemies move at a snails pace, making using heavy shot redundant except for the heavy armor (I believe it was heavy, maybe another type) bonus.

One idea i’d thought of was just throwing the gu pot out at the start of the round to protect teammates, since someone could probably heal your lost hp and it lasts enough time to block charging cataphracts.

In terms of op’ness, limacon is devastating damage, retreat shot is nice because it now has a void attribute (% chance enemies deal reduced/no damage to you), concentrated fire is like your own multishot. You want to use retreat shot in a tight spot and limacon as your main spam skill and concentrated as a burst of damage to begin burning down a target. The problem I have with caracole as an escape skills is the long charge time and it’s narrow range, since the enemy can easily predict where you’re going to end up.

You must keep in mind that bewitch uses up all poison on the enemy regardless of duration, to cause the status effect, gu pot will allow this for free since it is reapplied instantly as long as they stand in it. Still neither of the skills are particularly helpful since you don’t actually want to be close enough to use them (bewitch has flare-tier range, which is narrow and short). They also haven’t fixed the bug with gu pot where uneven terrain can make it get stuck and never explode.

1 Like

So 5 Limacon, 5 Retreat, 4 concentrated and 1 caracole or 5 concentrated ^^ Thanks mate :slight_smile:

kCBT has changed piston to a Subweapon . It means other Archer skill can use now while mounting :smiley: Have to remake this build

This is debatable, some skills with cataphract cannot be used mounted simply because of the mount, not because they aren’t spear skills. I would hope otherwise, as it gives archers a lot more options. Hopefully someone will test it; I won’t be making an archer in icbt2 initially.

1 Like

@Midnightmare i’m not really a big fan of mounted classes :(, the fletcher was my first option but i think fletcher is a pve choice (and a expensive choice too) because he is not mobile as the SR. Do you have any experience with fletcher??
About your build… On a normal scenario, i mean with all ranks avaiable, you dont think it worth to take r3 wugushi? not for jican gu but for the extra points on damage for other spells. Thats another point, how strong is that flat damage on the spell tooltip? you have level 4 wu gong gu (474 attack) but at level 15 its 1287 attack ! =o isn’t that a huge difference in DPS?

1 Like

Btw, does poison damage level up with the skill or just the initial damage? Like you’re throwing a gu pot on lvl 1 and on lvl 5, is poison damage going to be different?

1 Like

I think it should be different . The initial damage would scale with STR .
That’s why we need equipment that add poison damage like viper bow to get stronger . :smiley:

I won’t get a poison crossbow as far as I’m aware. And that’s what I’m going to be using when I will go into SR, together with a pistol.

Would be nice if they would introduce such items, until then we’re fukt.

Fletcher is a fine choice, SR is just what I prefer due to the high damage of limacon and the extra stats from mounting classes. I do not consider any class in ToS expensive to run anymore except early-game sapper, but even thats manageable. Fletchers arrows are easy to make and they do very high base damage. I’d say if you’re focusing on fletcher, you want to focus on maximising your ability to damage enemy armor type weaknesses such as with barbed arrow. Fletcher is also a monster in pvp, since lots of people wear cloth type armor.

If I had a choice of up to rank 8 it’d probably have r3 wugushi unless the the other classes outweight the increased duration of poisons and because jincan gus damage isn’t bad. Another aspect of this is that I enjoy DoT classes from personal point of view.

On a single target like wugong gu attack the base damage of 1287 compared to 474 isn’t really a huge difference because needle blows damage by comparison is much higher over it’s duration. Wugong gus spreading mechanic is too flimsy to be counted as an effective multi target attack.
In pve build… i’d be looking at something like maxed needle blow, jincan gu, gu pot and zhendu because I could probably do much higher damage by just using different archer skills, compared to wugong gu. The real reason to get wugong gu is pvp, since you can infect and then run away.

@lajkonikes Poison damage scales with level of the skill directly, and usually alters the duration i.e. needle blow gains one second duration per level. I’m crossing my fingers that the promised poison pot card mechanic lets you bring your poison damage up or scale it in someother way similiar to sorcerers necronomicon system.

As I keep saying, Wugushi needs some changes to make it a powerful class, right now its just lackluster due to lack of scaleable damage. Fletcher and SR I guess, would by far be the strongest archers except for base archer r3 itself.

1 Like

i really appreciate your feedback ! Thanks !!!
So… you changed my mind ! i’m not going Wugushi r3 in this 2nd icbt anymore.

Thats my new build, just for icbt of course…

i’m not sure about the balance between full draw and oblique shot but since its my first progression through the game i think i will not focus 100% on pvp because i did not felt the game yet. Even so i think it still a ok build to play pvp.

what all of you guys think? @lajkonikes @Midnightmare @hizonhan

and a final question about swift step. given the fact that at level 7 you can get full time buff and max critical rate (this one at any level), you think it worth to take level 15? I mean for me i think it’s ok to take because i’m going fletcher (a non mobile class), but for you who is going SR it will worth?

I started a new topic for archers here not to push this one off topic as it contains a real lot of information.

By all means join the discussion there. I need to know more about how you intend to play it though as skills themselves don’t tell me that much. That plus fletcher imo being the stronger class I’d give fletcher another rank. At the same time, one circle in wugushi doesn’t seem enough to bring out it’s power so instead I’d put a hunter at rank 3 and 4. But that’s just my idea. It would be quite powerful if you think about it, retrieve a player while backing away and poking him with fletcher’s skills, I don’t think many people would survive that. At the same time would provide you more uptime in pve since the companion helps quite a bit.

Anyhow, join my other topic.

1 Like

Oblique shot is essentially replaced by barbed arrow, if you were to pvp endgame just take points out of that. Swift step lv 15 is only for convenience, it doesn’t offer a real advantage and can be left at lower levels (I would recommend lower now since oblique got moved to c1). As SR i’d think it more vital to max it since you’d have to dismount to use the buff, so a longer duration means less dismounting.

Builds fine tbh, rank 2 fletcher is also a choice - easily rivals wugushi.

1 Like

What do we think of archer > quarrel shooter > quarrel shooter > wugushi > fletcher > wugushi as a build path? The idea here is to be able to stack Bleeding Shot and poison from Needle blow and Zhendu, while also laying caltrops over the top of Gu Pot aoe’s. The only issue is that bleeding shot and Gu pot can’t level above 5. Will the damage be too low?

You’d honestly be wasting your time trying to bleed you enemies - poison only works because the cumulative damage is actually significant whereas bleed damage tends to be 50s and 60s, it’d simply more efficient to use barbed arrow at that point. Quarrel shooter itself feels very undesirable in general except for rogue, because in terms of damage it offers very little - this is counterbalanced by being good in pvp - stone shots stun is pretty ridiculous.

I’d love to test it but we’ll have to wait until 27th ^^

Damn you make me want to make wugushi/ fletcher instead of my comfy rogue damn you! ^^

But hey, if you get around to making such a build do update me here or on pm on your experience, would love to hear it ^^

Quarrel shooter with fletcher is kind of counter-productive as all the quarrel shooter skills requires crossbow and shield, while fletcher skills requires two-handed bow.