Tree of Savior Forum

Was doing some test how dex affects attack speed, seems like it is in a bracket system

My chart/data are here.

I am only testing normal attack, not skill(that scale with attack speed).

I am using blunt(mace)/sword/rod.(there is no speed difference)

I am testing on hitting actual target, not swing in air, i am recording the time between the instant first hit damage, and the last hit damage.

Note that the highest Dex i tested is 576.
For every Dex set( in order of 10), i tested twice under different time(morning and night), and to make sure there is not huge difference between them.(two of the same dex set tests within 0.01 HPS(hit per second) )

The result seems like dex affect attack speed like a bracket system, that means, within the same bracket, increase in dex will not get you any attack speed. You will have to invest more to get into next bracket, then, you will see a noticeable difference.

Btw, different skills that scale with attack speed should have their own calculating system,
normal attack 388Dex vs 514Dex has only 8.68% speed difference.
God smash skill with same Dex has 20.35% speed difference.

Some Chart

aim for ~2 HPS(2.05) at 150Dex if you just need decent attack spd(twice per second).

or you can go or ~2.43HPS at 410Dex or 2.51HPS at 490Dex. There is prob no need to go further.

A simple version of graph I made.

btw, the video player i used to get per frame image and the millisecond is MPC-HC.

18 Likes

Did you take into account your ping?

Yes, i made two exact sets of 20Dex to 513Dex. Tested on two different time.
I make sure there are less than 0.01HPS difference of the same Dex setting
(The brackets difference are usually >0.05HPS, and are consistent onward(doesn’t fall back)).
Pings are between 3x ms to 70ms.

Thank you look like it’s a good thing I put all my stats in str.

Just a tip for archer. Well kinda old one but been a while I haven’t seen this advice soo…
Not sure it work for everyone but at least try it.

The fastest attack speed I could reach was… In mouse mode. (Rip kneeling shot T-T)
It insane how much attack speed I gain by switching to mouse mode and click DIRECTLY on the target (Not Z button) and then just moving around it.
Almost gaining 1 Atk/sec this way.
Using a bow with 150 dex.

I did an update and test all the way up to 576Dex.

You can shoot a lot faster during Kneeling shot if you hold down a movement button (i.e. any arrow key).

how did you come to this conclusion?

judging by your chart, 120 yields the same increase as the next breakpoint at 150 with just as much dex invested (+30 from 90, then +30 from 120).

and then a even greater increase than that at the 230 breakpoint.

then the next two breakpoints (280 & 340 - a difference of 60 dex- ) are also top tier breakpoints to reach.

why would you consider 390 dex (+50 dex from 340bp, but half the amount of hps increase) a efficient point?

-not troll, truly curious in case i missed something.

Thanks,

• Z

My bad, i forgot to move down a column when i start calculate it. Now I have updated the correct one.
The C/P is it worth it part means that,
Lets say 410<x<469 at 2.43HPS, you need only 19dex(or 20) to get from last bracket into this bracket, while gain 0.06HPS.
The dex per HPS gain per bracket for this one is 3.157 (1000x scale up for easier numbering).

Basically looking for low dex invest while gain high on HPS return. Like, if you want better than decent atk spd, maybe the highest you want is 410Dex, because you really don’t want dump another 150Dex in there to get 0.1HPS back.

Gotcha. I understand how to read your c/p section using common sense… but wdf does cp stand for lmao.

Judging by your findings, seems like where you want to be (including dex from gear) is at a total of 120 dex, allowing you to exceed the 410 break point with chrono’s quicken lv15. OR 160 dex allowing quicken to boost you to the 490 breakpoint.

this way without chrono you’ll be at a significant breakpoint, and with a chrono you’ll maximize their buff potential.

1 Like

Basically up to the player to decided if that extra 10 dex from 150 to 160 is worth it for party maximization.

Thank you for this data!

On the side note, I would like to ask about SR’s Limacon since that is what I am playing…

I do understand when you said "we want the lowest number of dex invested with the most HPS (hits per second)… so is it true that for SR’s Limacon, 200 dex total is what we could call “most efficient”?

Thank youuu!

well, cost/performance

Lots of archer request it seems.
Never played an archer before, maybe gonna try it soon.

Well, because I think aspd is mainly for archers and other classes only need dex for faster animation? (Correct me if I’m wrong)

Yeah seems like it.
I am actually kinda new to tos, but i am leveling with Cleric2 Priest3 Chap miko inquis, just hit 315 this morning. There are reset/leveling events here in taiwan server so was just playing around with it (currently All dex for the sake of testing).
Actually, Inquis’ Wheel+ 2.5aps(11hps) with chap is kinda fun XD

11 hps?? Lol. Wait, you saying in Taiwan right now you still have the reset event?

Ok, 11lines of damage per second.
That is correct, the reset event lasts til July 25th. (And all those leveling event LOL, free instance voucher, instance reset, 8x exp those stuff.)

Man, I want to try making a dex inquisitor now, that does sound fun. I wonder if it works well with monk?

nope, stick to what i said in my conclusion about the 120 or 150/160 dex. I have a SR3 myself. the only way i really see going high dex being viable, is if you’re rich, and you have 8 level 10 werewolf cards along with Rogue circle 1. Then your crit chance is consistently high enough where the high dex investment holds value.

Why would you even bring up 200 dex at all when its not listed on his breakpoint notes? If you’re suggesting 200 dex on the grounds that other have mentioned it in their own threads then okay, but they obviously didnt do this type of detailed testing to notice that break points exist in the attack speed forumla.

On a side note, OP mentioned that he plays in taiwan TOS. This too may have a major contributing factor to how attack speed affects him specifically. ping plays a major factor in attack speed. And if you’re USA server, which is located in the east coast, west coasters may experience different ping to attack speed limits.