Tree of Savior Forum

Help me Pick my Mergen Build

Hi there

I want to make a Ranger/Mergen but I can’t decide what class to put in between. At the moment I have these 2 builds planned:

For version A I picked Scout because I heard Split Arrow is good for farming. On the other side it seems it’s the only redeeming skill of the class.

For version B I picked Fletcher because it has more AoE and single target skills.

Which version should I choose?
Also what stat build? Full STR or mix of STR/DEX?

I’d choose build 2 because it has no issues with CD times (there are simply too many skills to use).
Also, in build 2 I’d take at least 1 point out of Time Bomb Arrow and put it into High Anchoring.
High Anchoring has an attribute that allows you to reduce the enemies critical resistance by up to 75 for 5 seconds [meaning an uptime of 10 seconds every 20 seconds of reduced critical resitance].

Since you don’t get the critical boost of Swift Step [i.e. 150 crit rate] for missing Archer C2, you’ll at least have a 75 crit boost (which is 1/2 of Swift Step) with High Anchoring for the time you use your Mergen skills/high damage skills to maximize your critoutput.

I see.
What about stats? Full STR? 2 STR/1 DEX?

That’s a good question. Since you have a lot of skills that are affected by ASPD in your build, you might want at least some DEX (~150-200 total DEX) to spam them fast enough, so obviously you need a little DEX investment.

I’d suggest going with around 100 base STR and 100-150 base DEX first (+ some CON if you can/need). With the new card system, you’ll be able to get 30 DEX or CON (Blut-/Ellaganos card), and the new unique accessory sets will help you to get some AoE attackratio,STR,CON and DEX or STR,DEX,attack,evasion and critrate.

You’ll have to try out if you can spam all your skills quick enough or if you need more ASPD/DEX then, because more damage skills spammed per second is more DPS than having higher attack values, unless your attack skills only have like 150% per cast…
If you’re fast enough for your preference/aimed goal, you can stop investing in DEX and put points in STR [or more into CON].

Only investing into STR is stupid as you have skills that benefit from having high ASPD, especially your four 10 second CD time&5 overheat skills.

2 STR/1 DEX it is then.
Thanks for help ^^

Avoid doing ratios like this and just aim for a limit. You should aim for a specific limit with DEX actually, Was doing some test how dex affects attack speed, seems like it is in a bracket system

Please keep in mind that 200 is a good stopping point for auto attacks and that everything in that test is for melee, it did not test ranged weapons and we’ve known since beta ranged weapons have different scaling, I’ve done a short test and confirmed that it is still the case now. That said, aim for one of those brackets to be your Final DEX, so subtract the amount you intend to get from gear. I would personally prefer not counting on DEX for cards unless you’re a full DEX build, leave yourself some wiggle room incase you decide to need CON you can drop 30 CON on cards then swap them out later if it’s inconvenient without needing a stat potion.

If your ping is good aim for 230.

STR falls off hard later in the game, so do note that depending on how far you intend to bring the character (Is it your main?) you will eventually drop STR in favor of full DEX or some CON, as STR just won’t bring the benefits you want unless you have absolutely pitiful crit chance (which is possible for you since you’re not taking Archer2).

Definitely avoid all STR or majority STR for archers though, 50~ is about all you need for and you have a lot of ASpd scaling that you won’t really be capped for.

Temp B: (what I recommend out of the two)

• Oblique Shot
  • Barrage
  • Critical Shot
  • Barbed Arrow
  • Crossfire
  • Spread Shot
  • Triple Arrow

Out out your 15 skills you didn’t leave at 1/0, 7 of them benefit from attack speed, this is more than enough to validate going full DEX leaving just enough for accuracy into STR. I haven’t tested bow attack speeds, but I can tell you that the difference between 100~ DEX and full DEX is kinda big. These are my tests with crossbow: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Luk0mzkVrmj0Oz3oxlhq8ZKxQAifXp4Ia4ZJbKWmptg/pubhtml
You’ll be going from about 1.3 (presumably it’s a range I haven’t tested but tested one near it) to 1.63 hits per second which is a 25% increase in attack speed, 200 STR almost certainly won’t give you that difference, just make sure that your rotation will be back up in time, which should be the case because of Fletcher’s low CDs.