Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Savior in Brazil

Some bits of information I managed to gather. It should be enough to keep some hearts at ease (the following is a translation from Brazilian Portuguese to English, read at your own risk!):

Support:

Level Up! Games
We’re always trying to improve our support, because we know that in the past we weren’t doing a good job, but that’s the past, we’re trying our best to improve and bring a better service for us, to experience unique and unforgettable moments together. :heart:

Server Location:

Level Up! Games
Hi folks, just a better explaination here.
It will not be necessarily a BR server, but a South American server, the location was not disclosed yet. The server you choose to play will directly influence the “ping” that you will have whilst playing, this is something that might interfere with your gameplay and experience. Again, it’s worth to remember that the server will not be ours (Level Up), but IMCs.

Cash/Credit Sales (Republic credits? D:):

Level Up! Games
What we’re offering is just the purchase of game credits to facilitate national payment and support for customer service, we cherish to offer our customers a great service.

Pricing:

Level Up! Games
Normally, our credit prices follow close to or even lower than the values found outside our country, we cherish to provide fair prices, but it’s not fully determined yet, so it’s important to keep an open mind about price possibilities. :slight_smile:

Administration:

Level Up! Games
We have no connections with server or game administration, IMC will be totally in change, any change made in the game will not be on our behalf. :wink:

Source: Level Up! Games Official FB page.

8 Likes

I guess they meant in-game (to use on the Cash Shop) credit/coin (KR counterpart would be the Tokens).

That is not necessary true, not only for LUG but for some publishers out there also, but its ok, i don’t intent to depend on them for this, except if its problems on purchasing tokens or w/e it will be called.

I do hope IMC get on a concordance about that, if we get regional pricing that would be very helpful, i just hope that if i buy credits/tokens/coins from LUG i am able to use on the International servers (through Steam) also.

And this took off one of the doubts also, so if its IMC’s side then i don’t get why LUG would bother doing that, if it is just for promotional side and grab more potential customers for their other games, i think its a huge gamble.

Then again, if they get the purchases to our currency at good prices that is a + for them.

It was a nice find there, lots of missing info from their own site.

Just to clarify, the Republic credits thing was a joke, because in SWTOR, thats the in-game general currency. lol

3 Likes

Hahahahaha, i thought you where saying about the Republic as the country, we are a republic.

Oh, youre a damn Pub! D: Here on, the :gb:Empire is at war with you! :boom::gun:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this news STAFF_Ines. For IMC company for me and several other Brazilian this news is not the least bit encouraging, on the contrary is a disturbing news. Just because the company BMI join the company Level Up already corresponds to a warning sign for most Brazilians, because of that several questions about wondering about what possibilities the Level Up company will have to modify the game.

Now I will express my personal opinion about it, only because the BMI join Level Up already makes me extremely sad and disappointed with the TOS I was super anxious for the game came quanse every day on the site and via the forum any you bear news that threw beta. Now after knowing that only by association with the company Level Up a company that already lost several lawsuits against players for incompetence and or default with to his players made me have a completely different vision regarding the game simply does not expect more for him because something sure to be associated with Level up good thing will not be a day to Level up will be able to spoil the game either by over power cash item, or by default against bots, or someone of Staff of Level up favoring someone . Somehow the Level Up will spoil the game and so there is no wait for the game or whether to play when it launches.

This comment of LUG makes me wonder if buying cash with the Brazilian currency will be possible for international server as well. @STAFF_Ines You have some information about it?

Its better not or we will take over you guys lol.
http://files.a-cidadedascachoeiras.com/200087197-091e90a194/carnaval%202016.gif

Well, I have mixed feelings about this, and I can’t say I am a big fan of LUG. Let’s hope the cash model/updates won’t be much different on the Brazilian/LA server than they get to be on iToS. Having the option to move back to the international server at least is comforting. I’m hoping LUG will keep competitive prices.

IMC is handling the CS, LUG only sell the coins.

As a Latin American (Argentina) football’s rivalty aside… (soccer for some)

I’m concerned, saying the least.
I would like to have a way to re-translate the game back to english, i’m not good at portuguese, but i would love to have <100ms (currently 55~75 on League’s BR server).

Other than that, the community will most likely write portuguese everywhere, so i still don’t know if i should go to NA instead.

1 Like

Use the Steam version then.

1 Like

Yeah, well, it might be an easy answer to you (I suppose you are sending me to NA).

I don’t know where are you from, but ping and community is not easy to balance, specially when you are from a country that always get 250~300ms on all those awesome games releasing on NA, so it’s kind of an unbelievable thing to have (for once!) an acceptable latency on a good game.

I’m not all that eager to learn a third language, not to mention not understanding the GM’s announcements, random party discussions, events and the forums.

I guess i’ll use the time until the open beta to balance the pros and cons.

The language is mostly a matter of replacing a couple files in the client folder, I think. Not sure how restricted that will be, but I imagine it won’t be much of an issue. Server will probably be in the São Paulo area (I think that’s where LUG’s office is located), so that should be somewhat close to you, even closer if you’re in the Plata region.

Also since the Real is devalued at the moment it may be worth it if you intend to invest into microtransactions.

Did you really read the information? Both clients will have the BR server on the list as far as i can see, if not, just copy the Language Data folder from the Steam Client and past on the LUG client and you will be set, just make sure to make a backup of the original folder first.

Edit:
You can copy the server list to the game too i think, just need to make sure both are the same version or you will get errors i guess.

Thanks for the info!

Guess it could be nice to start learning some portuguese until the release.

So, if I play in our local server (from LUG’s website) and a friend of mine play on Steam client, can we play together? Or are they literally two different servers?

I think as long as you both are on the same server, but note that your foreigner friend can’t play on the BR server, but you can play on the International server with him/her (which will be my case).
I will be using the Steam client so i can’t answer for sure if it is possible, but since whoever use LUG client can play on Int version i would take that the client is the same as the Int version.

@Gunnr was kind enough to do a look out for me and they posted this on their FB page (LUG):

So from that i would take you can use both clients to play on BR server with the exception that if you are outside of BR (or under a proxy of some kind with a foreigner IP) you can’t enter the BR server.

2 Likes

I never log in this forum before, only read the news and whaiting for a open beta, BUT this new!!! OMG!!! I play Ragnarok when this launch on Brasil in open beta 2004 !! And i need to say level up in begin are a great company give to player suport, GM almost 24h, they HUNT BOT’s and help the community, but now LUG(level up games) give crap to players they just wanna sell itens in game and make money they dont do tournaments or events only BUY"able events.
Every1 know gravity kill ragnarok with crap updates but in Brasil what made me stop playing RO was the bad management from level up games. (ME and 80% of old players, stop bcuz LUG)
So, IMC dont give IP BLOCK in international server, becuz im 100% sure, I WILL NOT PLAY ON A LEVEL UP GAMES SERVER!! they KILL RO, they will KILL TOS too!!!
Im srry for the bad english, but this new is the only thing i DONT WANNA to happen!!! You created ToS with love they will RIP OFF your game, and transform into a new pay2win.

This is really interesting. So I guess IMC is hiring Portuguese-speaking employees like @STAFF_Ines to help manage the server independently from LUG.