Tree of Savior Forum

BR portal announced for Tree of Savior

Simply because the progress of Portuguese localization project is heavily dependent of the English localization. I believe there aren’t a lot people who can translate directly from Korean. Also, probably the number of people involved and the time it’s open is lower than the English project.

2 Likes

Aye, I don’t mean to discount the earlier work. But past Dec 20th… There is a big drop off. There has only been 134 lines translated that wasn’t from the IMC account. Unless parts of IMCs contributions come from volunteers?

IMC was still getting it done though… Did 52k lines… Though the English lines translated in the same time period was rocking 117k if you include volunteer contributions.

Level up games is the Brazilian nexon.

This thread still didnt clarify my doubts.

Where will the servers be located?
Will we be able to play the Br server through steam or only through LUG?

Basically nobody answered any of that yet , and it was the most important piece of information they should’ve released.

STAFF_Ines cleared it up…

Exactly the way i feel about it :sweat:

I’m really concerned about it…

Ive posted some more info in the Official Forum announcement. Tis worth to check, I think. HERE

Just to expand a bit on the topic and why I believe it’s horrible news. Even if levelbug is indeed only is a portal.

The name of levelbug will be with the game. That by itself is HORRIBLE. There’s Guilds from the golden age of bRO playing in alternative, international, korean, and even arabic servers dealing with the lag and in alot of cases language barrier just because they don’t want to deal with Levelbug’s shenanigans.

That by itself will already cut the number of possible players this game can have by a HUGE margin. I mean for real. Most of Brazilian’s ragnarok player will not touch a game with LevelBug’s name attached to it.

I really hope IMC reconsider this. You probably have a better shot with not having a brazilian “representative” at all.

Actually it didnt. Ines left it quite ambiguous if Steam will manage the Br servers or if the steam servers the br players arent locked is the international one.
And @Gunnr went and cleared it all up actually. Hoping that IMC uses Steam SA servers, they are great ( at least for me ).

@alexandrious2001 Ah The Irony.

Happy day … oh wait.

Sadly, this will mean less income for IMC. I dunno why they even bothered with that setup …

Sometimes decisions are stupid.
Sometimes they ruin communitys.

But luckily it doesn’t involve me … but i would cry if they give aeria games something like that.
I want to use steam version … that is already ok with 100 ms ping … that or a steam server in europe.

I’m from Brazil (really?) and I’m very glad about it. No reason to be mad.

FTFY. Sorry, I just couldn’t resist!

1 Like

So its confirmed that the server will be hosted in Brazil? I mean a BR server which has the same PING as the international server has no point.

Yes, the server will be hosted here in Brazil, and it will be managed by IMC.

1 Like

If you are not Brazilian I sugest you to play in an international server then. Cogratulations to Brazilians to get their own server :smile:

Brazil having its own server is GREAT… as long as Level UP has no acess to GM’ing, CS items or account security.

Ragnarok Online was the worst experience I ever had with a game in Brazil, even though it was mechanically great. I will gladly play with higher latency to avoid any further contact with Level UP scum.

1 Like

OK, I’ll be just “BR” .-.

So, I get it, IMC doesnt speaks portuguese, so translations and support for portuguese will be handled by Level Up… But what if they mess this up? Many bugs on the SA Server may not be reported correctly to IMC (unless they google translate in game reporting or something), and we may need to wait for new content because of missing translations…

Considering how poor Level Up reputation is, I would prefer if the only thing they did was selling coins. But I understand why a different decision was made. I only hope this won’t become a problem in the future. To at least let us play new content using english translation files and report directly to IMC in english about the SA server would be great (bypassing Level Up for feedback).

All things considered, having a SA server is pretty cool, especially since it will be managed directly by IMC. Hooray for that. I don’t thinkg it makes any sense to host it outside of Brazil/São Paulo thought, since most SA players (looking at forum/beta statistics) come from here, myself included. Most big data centers are here as well, such as Amazon AWS

Whenever I hear that level up will be responsable for translations I remember that Male Knight was Cavaleiro and Female knight was Cavaleira.

And that one time they tried to translate Soul Linker as Umbandista…

1 Like

As long I can keep the game with english translation even on Brazilian server it’s fine for me, lol.

1 Like

So much crying… for what? better payment methods? native language suport?

Yeah, im brazilian and yes i hate levelup. But to me, it was great news… the server will be handled by IMC and if even with that you still want you can just go to internacional… no ip block.

I’ll try. if i get a better ping i’ll play on BR server, if not, ill just go to internacional one.

2 Likes