Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Savior in Brazil

Relax, IMC still has control over everything here. LUG only deals with the money, IMC will take care of all the rest.

i’m really concerned about that partnership :frowning:

but if there won’t be any IP block i’ll just play Laima, like i was intending to…

still, i’m concerned that maybe LUG will be a bad influence e.e

me “blurting” about it in LUG’s page, it’s in portuguese sadly

Indeed that is the case, i asked her if she was from LUG she said she is under IMC so i am relieved about that, they may add a portuguese section later on in the forum, who knows.

The BR Server is not under LUG, it is IMC responsability, the location only IMC will know when they set it up. LUG only will provide a portuguese game client and coins sale. Forgot to add that portuguese support also, well they will simple translate whatever the players tell them on support to IMC to handle the problem.

I think the only banned IP’s are from outside of BR that try to log in on the server located on BR, not sure about neighbor countries tho, but they may not even block at all, gonna have to wait and see i think.

I think twas already made very clear, that if you decide to use Steam for ToS, one shoulndt be worried about Level Ups client/server. Tis unlikely theyll have the rights to modify anything in the game client, other than Language files, let alone CS items.

To my understanding, the only hindrance Brazilians could have with the local server is a small delay with updates, because theyd need to be translated.

4 Likes

If latency is a major concern, you can always use a VPN, if you dont mind the hassle of setting it up.

let me give you a weird, but accurate analogy:

a kid loves his single mother <3
the mother loves her kid <3
then one day his mother start dating a guy
that guy loves to beat up children
the mother knows, but still, date the guy
the guy promises he won’t beat that specific kid

the kid don’t know if he’ll get beaten (by either of them), but still, he doesn’t want his mother dating that guy D:

(just to be crystal clear, the children are general games community, we are the kid, IMC is the mother, and LUG is the guy)

2 Likes

I don’t know if i laugh or well… i simple don’t know what to say about that analogy of yours.

Thats… The most terrible analogy Ive seen in these forums…

Skimming through the sea of heated comments, I could see how much hate Level Up gets in general, but theyre only the middleman. What else can be done? And in all honesty, whether the publisher is Level Up or not, the hate would be the same.

6 Likes

I guess it is possible to play a steam game in a virtual server located at São Paulo… (we have some cases, examples Path of Exile and CS)

I am very happy with the partner of IMC Games with LevelUp! Games. But I just want to know if the Brazilian server (managed by IMCG) will be separated from international servers on Steam, or whether it will be as a new Latin American server we saw in iCBT2. Can someone get me this question?

Diablo 3 also have one here, IMC will probably search for a host service that can provide what the game server require and setup there, the problem is, Brazilian Internet is one of the worst in the world, terrible backbones and unstable connections, not to count that some ISP (i am talking about you Vivo) have a freaking backbone going from SP to Madri Spain then from there it goes to the rest of the world, which increase even more our latency.
But yeah, setting up one here will greatly decrease latency, i get on PoE and Diablo 3 something around 15ms so it is pretty good compared to the normal 150ms when connection on a foreigner game server. But in my case, since i have a Canadian friend to play with i will stick to one of the Int servers. My sole interest on this tbh is the way it will sell the CS currency, if it is at a fair pricing i will be buying.

Both clients are the same server list, the only difference as @Gunnr mentioned before is, in update speed, the LUG client might get a bit of delay on updates, but nothing that will leave you guys without playing i think, in any case, you can always install both clients, go on LUG client folder and copy the folder i mentioned on a late post in this thread i think, and past it on the steam folder (be sure to make backup of the folder with the same name and respect the folder structure to avoid errors) and play the Steam version with PT-BR.

TY :grin: that way makes more sense

Glad to hear that =) . I rly got mad when i read LUG and partnership, just remember RO -.-" . But im glad to hear LUG only will provide translate and coins(cash) system to made easy to buy it.

1 Like

Most recent KToS update added files for a new Brazilian related class. It’s a Cleric class called “Macumbeiro”.

1 Like

Link that for us please.

Source: https://twitter.com/8888maggi8888/status/668395314231939073

2 Likes

I really loved the art:

It’s time for the pomba gira :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

About the servers, I should make it clear that there will be a BR server independent from the Steam server, so you’ll be able to choose between one or the other. I apologize if my original post was a bit ambiguous on that.

As for your other questions regarding the servers and the cash system, I’m afraid we’ll have to wait for more updates :worried:

@victor_afffff @Hyousensou @Tomazelli @Nirimetus @Satoru @MattBR @marcelop127 @specter1930 @Sloth

6 Likes

Thanks for the answer, @STAFF_Ines! I’m Sorry to bother you, but can you asnwer these questions (if you have the information)?

1. Steam server = International one?
  2. Will LUG sell cash for Steam server too?
  3. Only LUG’s server will be translated to portuguese?