Tree of Savior Forum

Team Dex Vs Team Str ( Trash talking, discussion, roasting each other, math magician war ) Aka Debate STR Vs DEX

:joy:
Testing :slight_smile:
/////20chars//
Are you using dex or str?

• : Dex
  • : Str

0 voters

high dex builds don’t seem to be good for dopple at high levels. deeds buff works off your strength, doesn’t stack if you block or evade either. i think 100 dex is more than enough, but you might want to get some con for more hp or people like snipers may 1 hit you. otherwise go for strength.

0 dex, 2:1 str and con, trust me it will help u go far and deal dmg more than ele 3 warlock

3 Likes

ellaganos card easily hunt-able, lv 10 gives 10 dex, 7 cards = 70 dex, i m using 7 of them, and added full str and con 2:1

5 Likes

From what I’ve experienced in TBL as DEX corsair: dex based swordies are annoying because you’ll miss a lot but they’ll do little damage so they can’t cc you and kill you fast. Str swordies will miss you often and they’ll be easy to hit but you’ll do little damage. They are a real problem only with AoE skills (cata and doppel) due to restrain proc and block pen.

Against other classes: high dex = attacks blocked by high con (wiz, clercis, tank swordies); high evade/dodge against most archers. So, basically, going high dex/str shall decide which is your main target.

I’d say get Iron Hook if you want to PvP often. You can hook invisible targets (swashbuclinkg and warcry are useful for that matter).

1 Like

your goal is going PVP right?

if you go the path of Frenzy then Deeds of Valor, then forget about PVP, because going that path is total ‘CRAP’ in PVP.

with the recent buff on concentration, i think going DEX : CON 3:1 is good. going to prioritize STR won’t do you good (placing a little extra won’t hurt, just not full)

Whoever told you that DEX isn’t important (in PVP) or a little important seems to lack ‘actual’ PVP games. Honestly, even using my SR (120 DEX) still misses a lot for these fellow archers who built DEX a lot.
same with my Doppel with (170 DEX) with a 60% hit chance.

I would say, DEX for PVP and STR for PVE.

The lower your DEX (accuracy mainly) in PVE is the easier it would be to proc sissel bracelet effect (which is pretty good to have), you just switch gauntlets from a very crap one without accuracy almost to proc sissel with basic attack to a high level one (grynas gauntlets for example) to start using your 30second buff with skills.

That’s only for PVE, but the gauntlets at high level should have enough accuracy for every mob or boss out there.

I agree with @akisera in this, str and con works a lot in doppel.

Thank for all the advices

damn i am in middle of that build, i will stop now and my build skill tree will probably be like this http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/jxuce0erst/

imo it depend on where u want to swim in the ranking.

if u stay pretty low rank, u will face many archer and swordman. Dex build would be alot better. good for just farming ur daily points.

if u r actually pretty good and stay in high ranking, it is basically wiz and cleric orgy. dex will be completely and utterly useless, and they will send u back to play with archers. If you are lucky, there is 1 opposing archer/swordie mixed in, and thats the only person u should bother targeting. going str isnt the right answer neither, u need to go ALOT of con (try reach 40k+ hp), some str and little dex.

@fhonghwong how do you deal with full con builds block rate?

@tiremonoffer1 unless you really really really want barb c3, I’d say get corsair c1.

1 Like

u dont.

swordie is just damage sponge and KD/stun utility (on target that over extend from his own team). If swordie not one of those two, then completely worthless to team at high ranking. Ur job is literally “die trying to keep ur wiz/cleric alive”.

even sw3cata3 is mostly that role. Just so happen cata3 can catch things running away, and foot swordie can’t.

(though with str block pen buff, the blocking isnt that problematic even with 65ish str investment; but cata3 got attribute against block)

1 Like

uggh… in my opinion you should re-roll now. i see a lot of holes in this build.

SW : it is key to maximize pain barrier for full duration against CCs.
HL1 : level 1 Wagon is more than enough for extra CC
: Maximize Cross Guard since this will be your bread and butter against Archers (believe me, when you staggered Archers using cross guard, they’re like a fly i a Web)

Barb : The only key skill here are those with CC, specially Pouncing that makes enemies bouncing like a ball.
: Personally i’d take maximum Warcry over Frenzy, reason is Warcry do Procs on traps and icewalls, making it easier to achieve Tons of bonus Damage. not to mention it significantly reduces enemy armor.

Doppel : Deeds really doesn’t appeal to me whatsoever when it comes to PvE (what more on PVP?). as a swordsman as mentioned above by someone else, your duty is mostly to absord damage, or be a decoy for your team to win. having DoV is just suicide.
: Cyclone is your best buddy, no questions asked. level 1 zonrhau is enough as it will only be used to debuff enemies for setting up your zucken (increased damage against shocked enemies). Redel is also another good skill if you can land it. (still, seizm and helm chopper + cleave are better)

Yes, I understand that. But, unless you have Corsair you won’t kd/stun/cc anyone due to Bloodletting and you will get hit by anyone. Full con swordies are awesome in PvP due to their tankiness (and cc utility when bloodletting is not on/cleric died/etc.) but OP is not going Corsair c1 nor Rode/Pelt/Squire or any other “defense” class. I don’t think a high con swordie build is viable without a shield (I mean, you can use whatever you want but the block rate even while under cc helps a lot) and manual block raises your block rate to a ridiculously number that even low CON can block most archers/monks/physical attacks.

OP is going for Barb>Doppel. No shield plus a buff that scales on physical attack. That’s a damage dealer build (I’m not comparing it to another jobs – I’m comparing it to other swordies classes). A Doppel with “some str and little dex” will not do “reasonable” damage (to swordies standard) and will not tank reasonably.

1 Like

Go STR/CON. You have Crossguard to block and stagger archers. It’s OP, abuse it and spin2win on them while they’re locked down by stagger.

If he got the skill reset from the event he doesn’t have to reroll. Or he could just buy one if he’s got the funds. It’s not like he took the wrong classes.

The event still available?, if so where is it?

Nope, it ended with this maintenance.

oh well, maybe i will stick with pve build then decide whether i should sell my ak47 for this game or not. Just in case future patch note change as well. I still have long run to grind up to class 7 :slight_smile: , for build i find str is more effective than dex. Anyway thank

facepalm to anyone who suggest dex anymore

3 Likes