Tree of Savior Forum

DEX-Doppel builds Brainstorming

So, seeing the all-consuming rage on the other topic
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/team-dex-vs-team-str-trash-talking-discussion-roasting-each-other-aka-debate-str-vs-dex/321139?u=namewasveryshort

I started thinking about the possibilities of a DEX-Doppel Build. While I was studying how to make my Swordsman, it was pretty much a rule that swordies must have a STR-heavy build, which I personally dislike, being a Two-hander Agiknight player on ragnarok old days.

On a second look, it seems to me that ToS is a game that allows more approaches than I gave it credit for. Although at first glance it may seem reavily tilted to one side, I believe carefull customization would allow a really efifcient DEX build for a doppel.

So, I’d like help from the community on this little adventure :smile:

First, I would like to know which Equipment and Stats allocation you guys who build a DEX-doppel uses, since I was thinking about this build

60- STR / 40 - CON / 210 - DEX.
(Do keep in mind those values are taking in consideration bonus stats points from quests, which I currently have about 30.)
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/iy3d0yqonv/

About Equipment pieces - I have a basic ideia using: a Magi Two Handed Sword(With green gems)
2 Phada bracelets
Some gloves( I still have doubts about which one) with red gems on for critical damage
Elaganos cards for more DEX-stacking(since I found it easier to stack DEX with those cards, opening up some space for a bit of STR)
And Ibre boots, with Green gems for more evasion

It’s still a very basic idea, since i’m clueless about what numbers of Evasion and Critical Rate I should aim to, also, which skills would scale better or have more utility on actual battle, so please help me there.

Thanks in advance guys!(And sorry for any spelling errors out there)

• EDIT 1: It’s been more or less decided that a rank in pelt is basically out of question, seeing it’s very contradictory to the overall build, unless one wants to get Higher evasion values without using much DEX

• EDIT 2: A good point was made that you can increase evasion values on demand with the Shade parts, specially when under 10 stacks of DoV, since your defense will already be Null. Many thanks to @NotVau

I see what u did there, and take pelt instead barb if u want to level faster to the road 280

Peltasta is immensely counter-productive for Doppel.
I like the build, it has my favourite variation, Highlander3>Barbarian1 (instead of the other popular variant, Highlander1>Barbarian3).

This video is not mine, but the guy is a DEX Doppel:

PS: Perceive how much he Crits, and how much Crits were in his Cyclone.

Doppel pvp is not good
that doppel is a beast

Any of you guys would know how much evasion would be a good number, and have any tips to get to that number? I’m trying to work out how much evasion I want and then trying to build damage from there

1150 is Evasion Cap of ~85%
Try to stay in the 900~1000 mark.

Class build is fine for now I believe so. But future Warcry buff can give heavy weight between going HL3 or Barb 3 because Warcry might give you a maximum of 660 PATK instead of 330 at the moment. Something we must think more.

Equip:

1. Glove must be Demonas since it will give more damage on Plate using Slash, something Doppel really needs.
  2. Don’t use Phada, Sissel is still the best because we will need crit rate. The more the merrier.
  3. Stick with Plate armor pieces, 15% damage reduction is too good to ignore

Basically, a Dex Doppel can be geared similar to a Fencer with the difference in Glove. That’s it

Pelt might be good if going high dex due to Guardia att (+18% evasion). I don’t know about evasion cap, monster’s accuracy, if you want to PvP, et cetera. It’s quite the trade-off.

Guys, even using Grynas Greaves
http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/512190/

+14, with 2 green gems +7 it’s pretty hard to breach the 900 evasion mark without guardian, unless I would go absolutely full DEX. So either it has to be a full leather set (which I think the Shade Parts would help, but I’m not really into them since they take away too much of the defense), or at least Dex boots.

Also, using high-level world bosses as a base, to get 75% dodge rate it seems about 940 evasion would be needed, so, any ideias?

You’re a doppel, defense won’t matter at all. Shade skirt and pants grant a huge boost to evasion + leather mastery + Virtov leather boots or Lolopanther leather boots. 1000+ evasion easily achievable if you keep upgrading your boots. (important)
In any case, you can switch from Leather to Plate depending the situation. Take in consideration AoEar to hit more mobs and Cards are important as well.

:slight_smile:69tkhgjkjkhy6uiuyruik

In case you guys need more crit and evasion. I suggest using this stat build (this one has Max Peta included)

And go Pelt>Barb3>Doppel instead. Since we will need Barb in all Doppel builds now and we need HL3 in order to get Skull Swing. So HL will be out of question if you wish to get Pelt. Keep in mind that this class path has quite sh1tty skill rotation until Doppel 2 (I’m playing one so I know this very well).

Math time

• Base evasion: 663
  • Grynas +0: 102
  • 2 lv7 green gems in Grynas boots: 1282 = 256
    Total: 663+102+256 = 1,021
    With Guardian: 1,021
    1.18 = 1,204

All of this is at lv280 rank 7. Since we will need more evasion and crit rate at 330, I would advise going Pelt>Barb3 as the most efficient route. A minimum of 6 green gems will be required.

Interesting enough, Pelt>Barb3 is also the most effective build for Fencer too

go STR or go home :vulcan:

DEX work for dragoon, fencer, even murmilo, but not doppel
and doppel is NOT a pvp class, really

actually, right now, the only swordsman build that need high STR is doppel

1 Like

lol you better not start the war over again :joy:

highlander 3 barb1 or barb3 highlander 1 for PVE at rank 8? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea those path will take like 800 hour to get to 280 lvl if without friend and guildy help lmao

Don’t you think Skull Swing could provide the difference Warcry provides?
Actually, I think it would work very similar, but one would be best for Mobbing and the other for Bossing.
Also, a DOV build would benefit more from Warcry, sure.

PS: To anyone here wondering this DEX-Doppel question: I think that with DOV, contrary to what people think, DEX is imperative and fundamental.
Just think about it in a STR build - Sure, your PATK would be great, but you would have NO DEF and NO EVASION, which means you’re dead and don’t know yet.
In a DEX build, your DOV would increase your PATK, remove your DEF, but you would still have the Evasion safe heaven, making it much more likely to succeed.

But doesnt DOV depends on the hits you take?, if you take none then its kinda useless isnt it?

DEX build hoplite-dop-shino here, technically you are correct, I rarely gets interrupted doing a full skill rotation HOWEVER the gain I got from DoV isn’t much.
My damage increase from +5 DoV =/= STR Dopple +5 DoV

Glad im not the only one who thinks about Evasion and DOV synergy. DOV is also good against Magic con build, even if you go 0 defense it doesnt matter against magic.