Tree of Savior Forum

Rogue C3 - Help with Burrow usable skills and build

Hi there!

First of all, I havent played the game still, so expect the worst about my builds and noob questions…also my english is not very good :confused:

I have been reading a lot though and also “playing” with skill simulators (as everyone does i suppose), but have doubts still so im sorry if this has been asked before, but I havent found exactly what i would like to know about.

1.- Burrow: I would appreciate someboy who can link me a full list of skills that are usable while burrowed (I know about no backstab, no kneeling and stuff like that, but dunno if I can only use A3 skills or there are other exceptions…)

2.- Everytime i use the skill sim i end up with 2 builds…BUILD B is more or less typical and i would go that way if only A3 skill are usable while burrowed…the other one is a bit weird and probably not worth it…but on the paper it seems quite fun though…

BUILD A - Master of nothing kind:

BUILD B - Typical A3-S1-R3:

What you think is wrong in both builds? (dont care too much about backstab nerfs or whatever, as I think the game is still a bit “beta-like” and things are gonna change anyway, this is just for fun)

Thats it for now, dont wanna continue the wall of text heheh

Thanks in advance :kissing_heart:

I’m gonna be honest with you. Rogue sucks in PVP. Backstab is not reliable and can’t be used while borrowed. It actually sucks at PVE too, but at least it comboes with RANGER3 for double Barrage damage.

Edit: It’s good for bosses because you are able to stay behind them a lot of the time so sneaky hit becomes beast.

1 Like

I would in all honesty, just like to break it to you now, before you go through 200 levels. If you want to pvp right now (as in of this patch and many before it), you don’t go any of the archer classes, or warrior for that matter.

1 Like

Quarrel Shooter C3 is your best bet if you really want to focus on PVP.

Stone Shot Lv15

• 10s stun,
  • 150% modifier which is good unlike the common 100%
  • 50% more damage against plate-armor users which is common on PVP
  • 100% accuracy therefore there is no need to invest so much on accuracy or dex

Just find other class that compliments Quarrel Shooter C3 and include them on your build.

1 Like

Ty for the advice guys!

I will make the Rogue C3 no matter how bad they are atm or will be… (i have faith though in upcoming changes + rank 8…9…10…)

I wont be able to level up more than maybe 2 characters (no time), and I think a burrow rogue is solid at least for farming (and I would really like to play as BUILD A if it is not totally absurd), and also i will mostly play with 300+ latency (live in the wild and use 3g mobile data) so QS3 is not an option maybe, nor i like the build with it that much even if it is the best atm :worried:)

PS: If in 3 months or so, the game fully develops into pvp and woes, and the thing is still as it is today, i will make the 2nd character according to the most competitive builds…but again I have faith :sweat_smile:

PS2: Any of you know where i can check a burrow ready skills list or something with that info?

High ping demands skill usage (or spam) based class IMO, you are right about that.

But I still see no real use for burrow despite killing bosses without being detected. Burrow doesn’t really work in PVP because people will spam AOE at your location and GG. Burrow isn’t really good for farming too because you gotta go 3 circles of almost no good skills to get into it.

I know you wanna do YOUR build, but builds usually have objetives, no matter how crazy they are, and I don’t see much point in yours… sorry.
EDIT: WALL OF TEXT

1 Like

I got what you mean tiago, i appreciate ur honesty…i will develop “my build” a little to explain what i was thinking in case that it can change the way u see it, or in the other hand u can confirm what u have just said so i can skip that one and continue to another thing haha

-Archer 1: Seems normal (lvl 1 oblique for saving sp when needed in burrow)
-QS 1: Stone Shot is very good CC
-Hunter 1: Coursing adds critical strike % not only from behind + Rush dog (another CC)…+ little Bleeding to flying type + the pet is worth having in general…(not quite sure about this class, havent seen many hunters vids)
-Scout: Mostly because of Cloaking
-Rogue: Sneak Hit lvl 1 seems enough (Burrow + 25%, Coursing can help while cd, Backstab always crit)… Stealing circles is very nice too, Evasion even at 4 seems insane, same with Feint, Vendetta buff (FULL STR CON/SPR build in mind) adds even more STR also for mates, and people will bleed in GvG for sure…Lacrhymator 1 seems enough too…

I suppose in a 5v5 situation, it is easy to know where the Rogue is…but in a Guild War situation? I have played a lot to Ragnarok Online and the Wars of Emperium (GvG) with 50+ peolpe in the same screen, seems the best scenario to shine with stealth clases maybe…and well even if it is not the case, it can be fun isnt it?

PS: Add to the previous a Rank 8 class that has something like Musketeer or just take Musketeer 1 when possible along with burrow?
PS2: Of course im assuming i can use more than Archer skills from burrow, if thats not the case, and will never will…then i would use BUILD B instead…

Scout for cloaking -> very good
Archer 1 -> you have no choice and oblique 1 is mandatory - > ok
Hunter 1 -> I don’t really know much about hunter so can’t give my opinion about this one
QS1 -> I like heavy shot for CC, but I once read it is not 100 % chance ( more like 40 or so) and that made me very sad. ( and I only value QS3 high because of running shot)
Rogue -> the problem lays here. You don’t have a class(that goes with Rog3) with a strong skill to actually do damage (even when borrowed).
Vendetta also sucks at PVP, too much cast time for you to be charging in a fast action enviromnent. Evasion gets easily destroyed by magic type skills like our friend mentioned above.

About RANK 8 : Like Jon Snow, I know nothing about it

1 Like

hahahahah okkkk yeah i agree with you, the need of a killer skill…

But u know i used to just be a strip rogue in ragnarok (dunno if u know that game btw but i think u do hehe)… and the class in that game had more or less the same problem about dealing damage… anyway it was a must in any serious guild to have 1 at least to annoy people and make it easier to your mates to kill em… i could play just like that, till jon snow knows something about rank 8 haha

I would expect a painful leveling though…but not as painful as ragnarok online so… i think i could take the risk maybe…

OK, if I really wanted to PVP with ROGUE3 I would :

• ARCHER 3 - Multishot 15 helps leveling and on bosses - Swift step gives 25 % bonus crit rate - Heavy shot (very important in PVP, can’t recommend enough) - Twin Shot for obvious reasons and I know it works while burrowed.
  • Scout 1 - for reasons mentioned above
  • ROGUE 3 - you know why.
1 Like

Yeah i agree with you again (thats BUILD B)

But first i would like to know the current skills that works with burrow… if only Archer 3 ones then, i will take the path u recommend for sure :slight_smile:

Ty very much tiago!

Please, someone can tell me “which skills are usable in Burrow”?
Bump

twin arrows works with burrow
multishot too iirc

1 Like

Ty man for ur imput! I already know about Archer Skills… I would like to know about other than that… like Stone Shot from burrow? Hunter Pet skills? …etc

Sorry for necroing this topis …
Here some list skill that can be use while burrow http://tos.nexon.com/community/gos/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=45

Still curious regarding higher rank skills such as snipe from musketeer can be used or not ?

1 Like

Omg almost completely forgot about this…think was the first and only topic i wrote XD…

Ty for sharing this information youngvader, although i already knew about those too: Unofficial Rogue Nerf Megathread + Class Discussion

I dropped the idea of Rogue C3 as main char, and made a Musketeer instead, so i have not kept looking for that info for a while… however, i asked Gwenyth via pm as he/she was the one first providing information… but got no response…

On the other hand, i did make an alt, that will be the Rogue i once dreamed, still lvl 170 though…
In case ur interested in builds, mine is like this: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/ad6b4xoqtm/

No R8 till there is more info about it (dont like Hakkapelle nor Mergen)

The dream for me would be Fletcher, Musketeer or Canoneer… or Mergen if it worked (think i read that it is known that Mergen skills cant be used from burrow but cant remember now where i saw that or if it was accurate)

I would really appreciate more info on this, from you or anyone else that happens to read this :slight_smile:

Take caree

Mergen & hackapell skills canNOT be used during burrow.

2 Likes

Still don’t know if you can use anything R5+ with Burrow.

Sad that players have to test this bullshit by risking their builds

1 Like

Ty Greyheim, it would be great if u can manage to find information on exotic builds covering what leleconildo says…

On the other hand, i read this today…

So i could test myself with Fletcher…someday…not close future… but it will expire in 14 days so… :sweat_smile:

PS: and yess… +7 months later and counting… pretty sad :sleeping:

There is no info on class 5 and up since back at rank 7, you need rogue 3 to burrow. You cannot be rogue 3 + a rank 5, rank 6, rank 7.
Now with rank 8, you are able to get a rogue3 + another rank.

1 Like