Tree of Savior Forum

Unofficial Rogue Nerf Megathread + Class Discussion

Rogue 2 build is being used mainly on GvG because of Lachrymator which gives blind to enemy and you just need get out on that range to be able to attack/use skill again.

A3>Sc>Ro2>R7 - mainly for GvG build can still go to Ro3 which still is a future proof build because of Hackpella when R8 comes out (might be dagger user class)

Every class has its role and I really don’t think there is useless class in this game. (well Falconer2? lol idk)

Putting real life logic aside, i belive he wanted to simply point out lack of such mechanic in spell description. Feint only mentions evasion reduction and attribute is about turning enemies around. There’s no info anywhere that would say that the spell will make Barrage spell inflict doubled dmg. And then again is barrage the only skill affected by it?

I wish the descriptions of spells were precise and clear, without surprises. I had to reroll one of my first archers when i learned that Heavy Shot actually does 50% extra dmg to plates - theres no such info in spell and you can find it out by first picking the spell (and ruining planned build that had no such skill). I dont want to argue that heavy shot should be taken by everyone coz its utility. Thats not the point. The point is, some spells have effects that are not listed anywhere. Like for example Snatching of Hunter - it seems to sometimes stun but theres no info that it can stun.

Question is: are those forgotten lines of codes that were meant to be removed before game release or are they meant to be hidden mechanics like hidden treasures and quests?

Well sadly, the synergies being hidden are mostly intended. Psychic Pressure does not say anything about it’s synergy on Fireball/Icewall. They wanted players to look for these hidden synergies, like how we were supposed to find the hidden classes.

hackapel is an mount + xbow class not dagger supported

If you look at the skills here,

and the class icon.

It does seem to be a dagger focused class with some mount attacks. Unless those saber literally means a saber, like IMC might put an attribute that allows Hackapell to use 1H-Swords, who knows.

One thing is for sure though. Those skills does not really look like “Crossbow” themed, then again there is this mob,

Who literally stabs using a Crossbow.

Rogue - Burrow Enabled/Disabled List
Credits to @Gwenyth

4 Likes

Hi there,

Feint + Barrage “combo” is weird, as not only Feint doesnt say a thing about dealing more damage with any skill, but also Barrage seems to be the one and only skill that benefits from Feint that way (why not Feint + Stone Shot or other missile skills double damage too for example?.. or better not, and just let Feint as skill description says, and not absurdly OP giving skills double damage AND less evasion :O)
About the Psychic Pressure + Fireball/Icewall… have seen some duel and pve videos and seems OP to me but maybe not a bug…
It is possible that both “hidden” mechanics will remain unchanged if theyre intended, but both combos are not well balanced from my point of view.

On the other hand…

Thank you very very much for this Dream and Gwenyth, have been waiting for ages for that kind of info about Burrow… It seems I will have to wait for R8 to know about Musketeer & Fletcher though hehe

That list is so useful, for my PD. xD

I’m starting a new archer going for A1>QS3>Rogue1>Scout1>Musk mainly for WB/PVP.
Planning to go High Str & enough con to reach 15k hp.

Need some advice on what is the min Dex should i go for. I hear alot on 66 Dex but dun quite understand the reason.

ok so i am a pure STR ar1 qs1 sapper 3 and i plan to get 2 ranks in rogue
(3 if no new engi/trapper class shows up at rank 8)
I plan to use a 2h bow and feint and backstab are a no go

now i have a loadddd of questions like
does ranking capture increase the size of the
’‘photo’’ space you take of the floor or does it remain a small little area just with more traps captured in that tiny spot

does running behind enemies with sneak hit while broom trap or stockade is up make them magically start crit spamming? does using burrow after placing a broom and a stockade down also add to there crit?

is the 100% eva buff meant for dex builds? or is it still helpful for str builds, like does it scale off your alllready existing evasion or is it just a not hit by phys damage mobs for 25 second buff, same question with crit buff

maxing capture seems like a dead given to me but i am left with a bunch of choices for the other points

do i go

Max Lachry
max sneak hit and max burrow?

or do i go

max lachry, max vendetta
max burrow?

or do i go
max evasion, max sneak hit , max burrow

or do i go

max evasion, max vendetta, max burrow

keep in mind this is a pure PVE fun build that is focused on being able to turn into a tiny fortress at will (max punji stake and wire and broom and stock but no claymore or explode traps)

has there been a ninja patch on barrage? I’m currently a ranger > scout and my barrage hits feels like a feint+barrage combo up close. I’ve seen videos and i’ve played ranger. the barrage at the moment feels different and the sound when it hits enemies on shotgun range sounds like that of feint+barrage. can anyone confirm? or is it just me not being used to playing ranger again?

wtf how do you capture capture…is this ture? and ice wall, rain, pryothing from ele, really???

No changes to barrage as far as i know. Feint + barrage = 10 hits, just barrage = 5 hits
Equipping a crossbow has a graphical and sound effect for barrage, whereas barrage with a bow is almost silent

is it because of equipping arde dagger? i dont have cafrisun or blessing/sac on.

Are you saying you’re getting 10 hits of barrage without feint? I’m not really sure what youre trying to say here when you say it “feels” like feint + barrage. It’s either 5 hits or 10 hits.

level 43 attribute + lvl 10 backstab

If I saw you in town I’d report you with that name :joy:

Jokes aside, I see a pierce damage showing, so that’s an extra 50% damage from armor type bonus. Also you’re probably geared with karacha set (another 3x for backstab).

Well, you’ need to stay stuck with karacha set to keep up high numbers on backstab, but your damage seems good enough from the pic alone.

Then again, how bad is backstab’s hitbox and how hard is to actually hit the target’s back? If it’s as bad as everyone in this topic says, I’d say it’s hardly useful for pve, let alone pvp with players moving around all time.

dont worry about it , because new card system will solve our problem , [werewolf] card have % (1star/%) change front attack -> behind attack , we can use 7 card => 70% , i guess that enough

that will be 70 stars…7star=7%, which is ehhhh not good.

Hell yeah, 88k on a ghost is interesting. I mean, is it somehow computing the archer’s 2x damage on flying mobs? I can’t really find another explanation for that.

your dagger +10 or smt ?

and how to boost back stab dmg ?