Tree of Savior Forum

Pyromancer Late Build

Hi there.

I’m building a Pyromancer and I’m a little bit worried about my role at the late game, since Pyromancer is unlocked at Rank 2 and as a damage dealer, it lacks the power later Ranks have.

By the way, I’m in love with the Pyromancer class, I do enjoy standing still as things burn to death inside the Flame Ground + Fire Pillar + 10 hits of the Fire Ball. My plan is to leave the damage part to the Pyromancer and focus the latter Ranks on utilities.

What I already have is a Wiz>Pyro>Pyro, focused on Fire Ball, Flame Ground and Fire Pillar.

I was wondering where should I go from here -> Linker or Pyro 3? What are the benefits of going either way? I’m sure I’m taking one those two, but can’t decide between them.

I was thinking of going Sorcerer 2 after that (and, ultimately, becoming a Warlock), but I also enjoy Necromancers and Featherfeet. Is Sorcerer a good match for C3 Pyromancer? Are there better choices?

If any of you possess the knowledge I seek, please, enlighten me.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hello there. Althought I got no response, I gave it some thought and went with the Pyro3. I do not regret it so far; the damage is astonishing and I was able to solo everything I came across.

I must decide on my path after that, however. Once again, I ask for the opinion of veteran mages on the subject. I analysed each of my choices below. If you are interested, please take a look:

1. Pyro3>Sorc2>Warlock
  2. Pyro3>Linker>Thau2
  3. Pyro3>Thau2>Warlock
  4. Pyro3>Linker>Chrono2
  5. Pyro3>Chrono3
  6. Pyro3>Sorc1>Necro2
  7. Pyro3>Linker>Kino2

Here goes my inputs about each of those choices:

1) Pyro3>Sorc2>Warlock

PROS: This was my first choice, since I love summoning skills and the Pyro3 is really fragile; having creatures to tank surely would help. Also Sorcerers are stylish.

CONS: Sorcerers, however, need potions all the time (which sucks) and cancels SP Regeneration with the summons (which sucks too). Also everyone is saying the Demons IA is garbage, which is a really big let down…

2) Pyro3>Linker>Thau2

PROS: I don’t like Linkers, but can’t deny they’re usefull. I can get around the biggest Pyro3 problem, CC, by linking monsters and fireballs. Also, Thaumaturge 2 can monstrously increase my damage output with its buffs. Both classes make an amazing combo with Pyro3.

CONS: Taking both Linker and Thaumaturge will prevent me from getting Circle 5 or above classes; I feel that I’m giving up the opportunity of trying much stronger classes, such as Chronos, Sorcs and Warlocks. And I will still have problems with defense: nothing to tank for me, nothing to protect or defend me. Just sheer blazing inferno DPS.

3) Pyro3>Thau2>Warlock

PROS: Thamaturge is the best support class for Pyro3, since the damage increase is applied over every hit and all Pyro skills are multi-hit, meaning a +500 damage to a Fireball 15 would mean a +7500 damage overall. Also, dropping the Linker allows me to take the Warlock class, which I’m really craving from the start.

CONS: Again, nothing to defend me. No summons to tank, no CC whatsoever and no Linker support. Also, not every Warlock skill is multi-hit like the Pyro. Will the Thau2 boosts be significant then?

4) Pyro3>Linker>Chrono2

PROS: Chrono gives me CC, that alone is a very good reason to choose this path. Stop Time and Slow Time gives me time to set up my Fire skills, and Haste helps me getting a distance between me and the mobs. With the linker support, it seems a solid choice.

CONS: I’m rellying entirely on the Pyro3 for damage and building around that. What if my damage isn’t high enough after rank 5? Also, I feel letting down damage in favor of CC is a mistake for a sheer DPS class. Finally, I’m giving up on rank 6 and 7 classes for that, including the Warlock, which I’m really craving from the start…

5) Pyro3>Chrono3

PROS: Pyro3 handles the damage and Chrono3 the support and CC. Seems quite reliable; I also get to use the ultimate Chrono skills, Backmasking and Pass. Slow 15 also seems to combo really well with Burning Ground 15; I just dance around while everyone dies (which is pretty much what a Pyro does).

CONS: I’m not sure what is best for CC: Slow 15 or Slow 10 + Hangman’s Knot. Perhaps taking the Linker is better. Also, Chrono 3 forsakes the last ranks classes, eating up all the slots. At last, the damage problem persists: will Pyro3 be enough for damage at rank 7, or should I get another damaging class?

6) Pyro3>Sorc1>Necro2

PROS: Zombies to tank for me make a huge different, since Pyro3 is the glassiest glass cannon there is. Also, the Corpse pillar skill seems to combo nicely with Fire Pillar. Taking Sorc1 also allows me to have a Demon to help tanking, together with the zombies.

CONS: Gathering corpses is almost unbearable; you have to search them by type and your skills drink them up like water. Necro overall seems like a bad idea because of that: you spend hours gathering corpses just to use them in minutes.

7) Pyro3>Linker>Kino2

PROS: Linking Fire balls with monster and exploding them wih the Pyschokino skills is a really great combo. Also, stunning creatures is a great help for a DPS class like Pyro3 and Magnetic Force helps with all the AOE Pyro skills.

CONS: the Kino2 damage is worse than the Pyro3. Shouldn’t I prefer a stronger DPS class over the Kino2 at ranks 6 and 7? I feel like I’m combining multiple weak classes instead of taking a single strong one. Wouldn’t Sorc2 or Chrono2 be better than Kino2?

4 Likes

I’m having a similar dilemma. I initially wanted to make a Support Sorc but after trying a few Cryo C1 skills I wasn’t crazy about it, so instead of going Cryo>Link 3>Chron 3, I rerolled and was planning on going Pyro>Link3>Chron 3.

But I have a level 99 Support/Heal Cleric and I think right now with the way parties work and some issues I’ve had (mouse mode targeting issues, small square/circles AoEs that people move out of, too much thoughtless spamming skills is not fun gameplay, spell effects I can’t turn off mixed with pets and players and nameplates mean I can’t see wtf is going on, etc.) make me not want to continue with the idea of support. I love support in all games, but a lot needs work right now, so I’m putting that on the back burner.

So I’m into the idea of a DPS mage now that can solo well. So I’m still just Wiz>Pyro right now. I spent a ton of time yesterday researching and I still can’t figure out what I want to do.

Linker sounds like a useful combo with Pyro to help with the fact that we have stationary, long duration ground abilities. The idea that I can group up mobs on my fiery ball/circle of death sounds nice. But I am not sure how great the dps would be and Thaum sounds just “ok”.

Thaum buffs are nice but I’m not sold on the idea of pure support classes and only Pyro being my dps. I’m worried it’s not enough damage but also it just sounds boring. I’ve also heard concerns that Thaum may not scale well later and I’m concerned that Pyro’s dps alone isn’t enough.

Even so, I was still thinking of doing Warlock at Rank 7 for extra dps and their skills seem cool. But again, I’m not sold on the idea of Linker or Thaum in there.

Then there’s the huge issue (for me at least) of survivability. I take way too much damage and no ways to either prevent it or heal it up. I would like to deal with that issue as well.

Right now I’m only about level 30 on my second Wiz (why is Wiz so hard to figure out a good build for!) so I would reroll if absolutely necessary, but I’d first like to see if I can come up with a good build that uses Wiz>Pyro.

Any suggestions for such a build, or for a fun dps build that has better defensive capabilities would be nice. I’m not crazy about pets so keep that in mind but if someone can convince me of a fun pet build I’m open to ideas.

Hi there!

Currently PyroC3-ChronoC1 (wanted to go ChronoC3). I’ve had no problems mobbing or killing bosses solo so far. Fireball is still my main dmg source. CON at 43 atm. Everything else on INT.

Would usually just gather mobs then lay down Stop, then have all time to use other skills (ground, ball, pillar) I’d put ground after stop, because of the ground debuff.

If there’s anything I’d change, I’d probably take fire wall instead of enchant fire now for less idle time/auto-ing.

Tried SorcC1 last iCBT2, summons will not attack if you keep moving around, so you’d have to stand there for a bit or walk slowly around the mobs/boss. Its also SP draining, was advised to take the lvl2 cat for SP regen. (Very useful buff)

Well, after a lot of thought, I chose my fifth circle as Chronomancer. Now I’m a Wiz>Pyro>Pyro>Pyro>Chrono.
I’m still in the first levels, but so far here are my conclusions:

• Stop Time is a great skill. Just like Rinrin said above, after stopping the mob I have all the time in the world to cast my fire skills, trapping them into a blazing inferno. I’m wondering if I’m taking more than 1 level though (it only increases the duration and 6 seconds on level 1 is more than enough, I think).

• Slow is utterly useless in the first levels. The time I gain from reducing the monster’s speed is lower than the time required to cast the spell. They get to me anyway. Also, it’s duration is really low (although the cooldown is low too).

I didn’t try the other skills yet. As soon as I do, I’ll post my conclusions here, avaliating their synergy with Pyro3. Stay tuned.

1 Like

I’m curious how stop might interact with fireballs which are already in play upon casting. Does it interact with them? Stop their damage? Perhaps prevent them from moving?

I guess I’m wondering if Chronomancer spells interact with spell actors. Would backmasking return fireballs which had been used up within it’s window of operation?

I’m glad someone is talking about a build similar to the one I want. Keep us posted.

Now that you took chrono 1, you’re stuck going to 3 to be useful to a group. I was going to highly suggest going Pyro 3 > Thau 2 > warlock, as I’m killin it at level 235. The upcoming buffs to Pyro 3 is gonna be great.

Slow seems to be a good emergency skill if you need to run away from mobs or use it as a shield to buy you a bit more time (given you have a bit of distance from the mobs so you can still cast your Pyro skills while they runs slowly to you).

You can use it together with Sleep too, like in this vid (PVP though):

Also, Quicken is good for your party, don’t miss this one.

1 Like

Stop has no effect on fireballs that are already in the area. You can still push them around. However all enemies hit by Stop become immune to fireballs, the fireballs will continue hitting enemies as soon as Stop runs out.

However, maybe it’s different in pvp where enemy teams fireballs might be considered as “enemies” (since they are able to harm you), maybe Stop works on enemy fireballs in pvp, i don’t know. In PvE however, since all fireballs are considered “allies/friends”, there is no way Stop can affect them (Stop only works on enemies).

Personally, i like to have Stop at least at level 3, will probably get it a bit higher later.
8 seconds (skill level 3), in my opinion, is a good time to set up a standard Stop->Fire Pillar->Flame Ground->Fireball->Fireball combo, especially considering that you probably need a second or two to walk into fireball range.
If you want more complex and more cruel combos, like Stop->Fire Pillar->Flame Ground->Fireball->Fireball->Pass->Flame Ground->Fireball->Fireball without giving the enemy a chance to fight back you probably need 10~12 seconds of Stop (skill level 5~7).

For a stop->damage combo, it might be reasonable to put Fire Pillar at the very end of the combo. Since Fire Pillar has a 5 second shorter cooldown than Stop it can be used for every Stop use, and putting it at the very end of the combo ensures that, since Fire Pillar locks enemies in place, enemies stay locked in place for a while even after Stop runs out.

3 Likes

I know pyro3 is getting a buff in KTos but even then and especially now I’m indecisive as to the value of pyro3 in the chrono3 build. It seems like linker1 or even kino1 might bring more to the table synergizing with pyro. Pyro3 is tempting but mostly just for 5 more levels of fireball… Even thaum1 might be better right now.

Maybe if high level firewall was good?

what buffs for pyro are on ktos the only one I knew of was hell breath.

anyway i’m pyro3/chrono3

it’s solid for the most part, if they ever give us the attribute we all want to stop our party from shutting down our dps it would be alot better though.

that said you need a ton of attributes to keep up in dps and good gear, was a terrible choice for me as a first character because of the silver required for everything.

I’m also praying for some good rank 8 classes pass is amazing but only if you have good skills to reduce the cd on. which i’m hoping the rank8 classes bring more of.

Thank you all for your replies.

I’m confident that Chrono was a solid choice after Pyro3. Stop Time and Pass are reason enough to stick to it. I agree, however, that there are always many valid choices.

I would like to hear the experience of people who went with different builds. Endverse, I also want to try out Pyro3 + Linker + Kino or hear from someone who did it; it seems promissing. You could try it and let us know.

About the Chronomancer: Quicken and Slow make no difference in the first levels, but I believe they will when I get them to at least 5 (and, after that, 15, on the 3rd circle).

Would you give your thoughts on my current build?

On my Wizard build I got the Shield because it is a free buff and Energy Bolt+Earthquake to level up faster.

On my Pyro build I ignored Firewall and don’t regret it. Focus was on Fireball+Flame Ground+Fire Pillar. Enchant Fire 5 for a smaller boost and Hell Breath 1 just because I wanted to try it (obvious conclusion: it sucks).

As a Chrono, my focus is Slow+Haste+Pass. Stop Time also helps and I got Quicken for the party support (so far, however, Slow and Quicken haven’t being useful). Backmasking 1 because I want to try it (when it gets fixed) and Reincarnate 1 because I don’t think I need more points on such a simple skill.

Let me know what you think.

2 Likes

If we’re getting the same update as kToS for Pyro, there’s a huge boost with Hell Breath (50% more fire dmg). Hopefully it’d be worth it by then.

Hell Breath
- Skill Base damage has been increased 96.25 → 115.5. (Damage increase per level has been increased 28.75 → 43.5)
- Hell Breath will have a chance at afflicting the enemy with a [Hell Breath] Debuff when attacking.
- Hell Breath Debuff : Recieve additional fire property damage +50%

In the build, you may want to max Haste. Its one of the best buff your Chrono is going to get (aside from Pass). Or much better take some points out from other skills like Slow, and max both Quicken and Haste if you can.

This still works, just tried it.

Pyro damage is fine.
Some things to put things in perspective.
Level 15 Fireball is 15 hits with 2 overheat.
That means 30 hits.
It has a 15s cooldown.
Fireball hits flying enemies but it can be whacked away by melee enemies and it has a small aoe ratio

Frost Cloud is 30 hits on a 30s cooldown cannot hit flying enemies and has a large aoe ratio in Itos.
Frost Cloud is considered an extremely powerful skill and Fireball being able to replicate the number of hits (but not the aoe) is a testament to just how high its damage is. It gets clunky in team play solely because the Swordsmen (and sometimes Clerics) might hit it away.

Frost Cloud has a larger base but the same amount of hits as 2 level 15 fireballs and is several times more expensive to Enhance.

Firepillar is many hits as well and Flame Ground is a slower version of Frost cloud but also has many, hits and an infinite aoe ratio.
Hell Breath also has many hits and in Ktos it gives 50% more fire damage to targets you are hitting so basically serves as a quick cast damage boost to pyromancer spells.

1 Like

Pyro3>chrono3 here to confirm its a great build with good synergy. It has two glaring weaknesses: DPS is almost totally nullified when partying melee, and lack of low cool down cc means ranged elites can destroy you. Boss killing is great and works fine even with melee users around.

2 Likes

Linker and Psychokino will give you control over Fireballs and AoE respectively.
Wiz3 will give you more damage, Thaum will give you and your party more damage.
Chrono3 and no less would be nice for boss hunting and cutting your parties cooldowns.
Sorc2 and Sorc3 are pretty solid.

I have Pyro3, Linker1 and Psychokino1. It’s what I like to play. Just choose what you like out of the “viable” alternatives.

1 Like

Pyro3 279 here.
If you want me to spoil what to expect from pyro3 at endgame just say it.

2 Likes

@chiday Spoil me please!!! The rest of your build’s details would be nice too :slight_smile:

Well, as soon as we get 2 more votes for :slight_smile:
And btw how to make a spoiled message here? :smiley: