Tree of Savior Forum

Pyromancer Late Build

Spoil please!

I was planning Pyro3>Chrono3 and Pyro3>Thau3 alts for fun.

I too have a Pyro alt in the making, and was planning to get at least Thau2 on it.

Iā€™m interested in the spoilers too, though Iā€™m no longer a pyromancer as my main character.

Well i got to go soon soā€¦
Honestly, pyro is worst c2 class in late game. Totally useless.
After 208lv solo game ends. You have to be in party to lvl next
And as if every party have a swordsman(tank) you can skip Fireballing(15) at all. Think you are already meet this problem. But at endgame it became a nightmare. In solo farming resources its still good, but all those dancing aroundā€¦ blehā€¦
Your only damage in leveling as pyro will be a Flame ground(13), but compared to other party member damage itā€™s totally nohing. And hello flying mobs.
Fire pillar(10) tho a good cc skill, and it helps sometimes when pack of mobs ambushes(after 250 its more dangerous), but with 90 sec cooldown u canā€™t count on it.
Flame breath(1) crappy crap. But Iā€™ve taken it on 1, just for testing. Sure even with buff it will be same crap. +50% to 2k dps per second? Really?
Fire wall(0) skipped, donā€™t tested. But you can try. Tho tried in cbt, was crap.
Fire enchant(6) good skill worth to take, but hard to use 'cos of its range. And i was mistaken before - your second dps will be dealed through buffing your mates. Taken it to lvl6 just to equals cooldown with duration.
Flare(0) tested in cbt a little. Crap.
Itā€™s not a guide, but my choice and my feelings. Maybe if they fixed pyrosoccer problem, pyro3 became competetive, but now totally not.
Cryo3 have 2 greatest cc skills and most wanted at the endgame, good at pvp too. Tho i think harder to lvl at start solo.
Wizard3 all you know hes good sides.
Peace.

1 Like

You could try risking it and going like wiz 3 (for quickcast buff +50% damage) > pyro 3 > then maybe sorc1 for the pet buffs to sp regen or thm 1?

Again have never tried this myself but the 50% damage buff would work on fire skills assuming u keep buff up (at level 5 it last 30sec and cd is 30 if i remember correctly)

Fireballs being pushed around arenā€™t that problematic when theyā€™re high level(last for over 1 minute) and you have Linker.
Also, just by having a single circle in Linker, people will want you in parties.

Pyro3 does no damage at the end :smiley: Dont count on him as a damage classā€¦ and dont count as support too :smiley: Donā€™t count at all D:

Thanks for the information~ Fireball getting hit around by bots and ksers was one of the reasons I re-rolledā€¦ Did you regret going Pyromancer c3?

Man, iā€™m pyro3 alch2 both of them total crap
Crappest build of all times :smiley: Totally not rewarding.
Tho in few hours i will be 280 :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrReYd5Rs5I

at least must play linker1 to full utilize pyro

flameground is not viable in lategame because it tick slowest of all pyro skill, just use when you out of skill.

1 Like

how do u find featherfoot?

Solo game ended at 208

Iā€™m still in early game but I went against my better judgement and chose psychokino as my 3rd job, so Wiz>Pyro>Kino so far. Instant regret.

Telekinesis - I thought you could walk while doing telekinesis but you canā€™t, so using it to relocate fireballs is a bust. Interestingly you can hold for quite a while though if you donā€™t use up your slams so you can do things like hold a single mob imobile on flame ground or even fireballs if you set it up, though it can be hard to aim as it seems to use fixed points of movement at least with a controller.

Swap - using it to bring mobs to your flameground or fireballs when other skills are on cd is passing ok. It has an overheat of 2 with an ok cooldown. It might be my favorite thing about the build but it wonā€™t relocate nonmoving targets like flower mobs even though telekinesis can.

Psychic Pressure - using it on fireballs is really inconsistent. I suspect it may be vulnerable to server lag. I was in a crowded channel yesterday and it would not shoot out any visible fire, only move the fireball. Sometimes it kills mobs from clear across the screen and other times it canā€™t hit something right next to it. Itā€™s been completely random for me, and my ping ranges from 80-120 depending on the time of day.

Finally all Psychokino cooldowns strike me as about 5seconds too long for my tastes at least. Telekinesis would have been better as a single slam with overheat imo, itā€™s cooldown is really long for what it does. Iā€™m sure itā€™s useful for pvp though. Pyschic Pressure combo is a mere gimmick and I i find myself using it on itā€™s own to fill the gap in cooldowns more often than comboing it. Itā€™s just ok. I havenā€™t been super impressed, teleporting around with swap is the only actual fun Iā€™ve had.

I originally planned to build wiz>pyro>kino>pyro>chrono3 but I think thatā€™s a bad idea. Iā€™m going to explore using linker with this build and go either featherfoot or warlock at c7 if I continue. Iā€™m kind of alt addicted though so weā€™ll see how long my interest lasts.

Edit: Today I canā€™t get the PP-FB combo to visibly do anything at all. Iā€™m not sure what went wrong but itā€™s not shooting out flames.

featherfoot is messy right now because the trademark skill is bloodbath. bloodbath skill can stun lock enemy for 5 sec but if you cast fireball fist then aim bloodbath near fireball it will miss 90% all the time. so you must use bloodbath and then fireball. also the skill aoe is very short. if you miss = no dmg

chiday whats the dmg/tick on your flame ground? and how would you view frost ground vs flame ground

Frost Ground ticks is above 3k right? And ticks 2 times per second?
My 40 attri Flame Ground ticks 2 times less often than FrG and deal 1750 dmg with fire buff.
When playing in party, you can try to not set FlG at all, you didnt notice any difference.
100.000k mobs killed in 4-6 seconds, your dmg per mob in this time 6-9k its 6%-9% of mob lifeā€¦ it means that other 2 DPS doing 91%-94% dmg.
Okay your fire buff make this situation less tragic :smiley:

More about my issue. This is all I could find so far but Iā€™ll update if I learn more.

Itā€™s possible that some stats are at play here like aoe ratio but what doesnā€™t make sense is I first noticed the problem when I upgraded to a ludas staff. I tried switching back and nothing changed, my aoe ratio should be unchanged either way.

That said to support my lag theory itā€™s way worse today. In game latency is spiking badly and the servers seem like the culprit. Even the website is slow today yet I ping google and other sites with like 7ms latency.

I caution anyone interested in a pyrokino build at this time.

Edit: Combo works again 5/4/2016 after maintenance. Pretty certain that the lag was the cause.

As a Pyro 3 > Thau 2 > Warlock at end game, Iā€™m having none of these issues. I think the main problem is that you think you can be an alch and still think youā€™re an asset in a party. Itā€™s obviously why youā€™re having such a hard timeā€¦alch is for making money, not doing party play.

Most of the weaknesses from Pyro are made up with warlock and thau. Do you still have to hit your fireballs back into a boss or group of mobs? Yes. Youā€™ve been doing that since day 1, so it shouldnā€™t be an issue at this point in the game.

Iā€™m throwing out very competitive DPS in all of my groups on boss fights, grinding and world bosses. So coming in here with an alch build and saying Pyro is bad is just plain ridiculous.

1 Like

@asherleshrak

Yeah I figured getting at least Thau2 would help Pyro damage to be competitive. You also buff your party quite nicely as well, so clear speed shouldnā€™t be far behind the trendy builds by much, if at all.

Would you say getting warlock is better than going for Thau3?

1 Like

It depends if you want to be more support or more damage oriented I guess. I like Warlock because you have other spells to cast when all of your other stuff is on CD. Though thau 3 is getting a pretty awesome buff to swell brain. I think youā€™d be pretty happy either way.