Tree of Savior Forum

Is Pyro 3/Chrono 3 able to solo,dps and support?

I’ve been thinking about a support build able to do some solo actions since I won’t be always able to play with my friends and might need to do some solo grinding.Would this build work?What stats should I focus on?What else can solo and help in dungeons/parties?

Thanks in advance for all tips :smiley:

1 Like

Hi there.

I had the exactly same issue and hesitated a lot before choosing to go Pyro3>Chrono3. I`m now Pyro3>Chrono1 with no regrets so far. This was discussed at lenght in this topic, if you are interested:

Here are my considerations on your concerns:

Pyro3 as DPS

Contrary to what people say, Pyro3 is very powerful. I can`t speak for circle 6 and above, but for circle 5 and below Pyro3 is a solid DPS, even in dungeons. You just have to keep an eye for that Fireball, putting it back to its place using “C”; it is something annoying in the beggining, but you learn to live with.

Pyro3>Chrono3 Solo

There classes have a great sinergy, even in circle 1 of Chrono. Stop Time helps a lot with the combo Fireball>Fireball>Burning Ground>Fire Pillar. So far, I`ve been nailing at Solo playing and had no problems soloing bosses. But there are a few concerns, specially flying targets and ranged enemies: it is hard to deal with both of them.

Support vs. DPS

I remember to be amazed at my first dungeon when I became Chrono1. I was used to be a glass cannon DPS Pyro3, sometimes having to fight my way into the “DPS” by constantly pushing my fireballs into the mobs.

But at my first dungeon as Chrono1 I already was a great support with Stop Time 1 and Quicken 5. It was amazing to see the entire party destroying everything with their lightning speed Quicken-powered auto-attacks while I still had my overwhelming fire skills.

People use to say you can`t be a DPS and a Support at the same time, but that was exactly the feeling I had at that first dungeon. A few tries after that, when I got more used to Pyro3>Chrono1, I realized I was right: I can be a mix between DPS and support; that is what this game is about, after all. Different combinations.

Be aware, however, that Pyro3>Chrono1 is a midfield player. You can play DPS, Support or both; you are versatile; but you are not the glass cannon inferno blaster you were once at Circle 4, neither are you the flawless-perfect support of a full support build.

Conclusions

Be not afraid to make bold choices. Pyro3 is not the most loved class for the DPS lovers (who always defend Wiz3>Ele3) and is also not loved by the Support lovers (Thau, Linkers, Cryos), but it is a great choice for early DPS and it can keep up at the latter ranks, specially paired with the great Chronomancer.

Hope I helped.

1 Like

At 240 pyro3>chrono3 is still well suited for questing, farming, and boss killing purposes. Much more effective than cryo3 in solo gameplay.

The first thing you will lack is damage against groups of enemies while in parties due to fireball mechanics. The second thing you will lack is control skills like frost pillar or joint penalty, which bring much more to grinding parties/earth tower when you have other players around to put in the dps work for you. Pyro3 won’t compare in dps to ele3.

Otherwise I really enjoy playing this hybrid build. Probably because its so well-rounded and leveling is so efficient compared to other support builds.

What about Pyro2 > Linker > Chrono3? It’s a very commented build, and I already tested it on iCBT2 (only until Chrono2). But i still don’t know how it is in late game actually… Pyro 2 will be a bit weak, i think? Or the “AoE” from joint penalty compensate the reduced damage?

Pyro 2 isn’t worth it. The added support from linker 2 is much better for all intensive purposes. For pyro it’s better to go C1 or C3.

But as noted above pyro 3 > chrono 3 isn’t as strong as a pure dps or pure support build. It’s the middle child.

Deciding between pyro3 or pyro2>linker1 wasn’t an easy choice. In the end I chose to take it all the way to c3. Why?

Although linker holds more promise at the moment for its compatibility with future ranks, I went with the c3 paradigm in hopes that imc will eventually balance the usefulness of classes proportionally -based on the amount of circles taken. This makes sense to me AND could be absolutely wrong lol. To be honest…that level of optimism should only apply if you plan to stick around for awhile. Rome wasn’t built in a day etc.

And its not just for the c3 pyromancer costume we’ll eventually get, I swear!

2 Likes

have you ever regretted not having linker2 with just 1 pyro?

Im really stuck between these 2 builds for my alt. T_T I dont know if I wanna be a complete party hoe or should I have some soloability…

Pyromancer C3:
Fireball15 = +5hits +25sec +90att vs Fireball10
FlameGround15 = +5sec +65att vs FlameGround10
FirePillar = +5sec +101att vs FirePillar10

Linker C1:
JointPenalty5 = 5link for 35sec
Hangman’s Knot = 2sec bind

I’m not sold on FireWall or Hell Breath at all. I think the only points that are worth discussion are the number of hits on fireball vs the cc and ability to hit flying enemies when linked with non flying that Linker provides. The 2 second cc is most welcome as well.

This is as much to help me decide as anyone else since I haven’t gotten there yet.

Nah, I don’t see linker2 as worthier than pyro2. No matter how many ranks of linker you take your hangman is still barely functional. Plus, giving up an entire rank for 3 extra links was fine when the cooldown was still 15 seconds.

On the other hand there are certain instances where being able to link more targets becomes very beneficial to your party. For that character I was going for high solo ability, which linker1 would have been more than enough for.

Have you had any trouble finding grinding parties for missing linker ranks and people going “meh pyro??” or do they still aprreciate the chrono buffs with a slight dps added into it?

But I still think its a hard decision for me. xD I love supporting and being able to solo/do damage to some extent. Usually full support is kinda meh but it might be worth it too…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

kind of they don’t…

4 fireballs stacked don’t work 3 stacks of 3 fireballs near each other work fine.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

damage gets reduced it’s weird from my experience after you stack 4 the damage is almost the same as 1 or 2.

I’ve never had trouble getting parties so long as they have a spot. I’m pretty convinced that most parties are just glad to have haste. They won’t care what you picked for rank 2-4, though having linker1 is definitely more useful while in a grinding party.

1 Like

This has largely been my experience

This is a very nice build for pvp i think since you can have stop + the continuous damage, so if you max stop and capture a group of enemies you can fire them to death with any of the following: Hell breath+Firewall+Flameground+fireball. But as far as ET is concerned you’ll lose the Control capabilities.

Since this has been necro-ed anyway I’d like to comment on this:

Please don’t exaggerate this. Everyone knows that Quicken 5 is barely noticeable. You start to see the difference with Quicken 10.