Tree of Savior Forum

Poor optimization will make us quit

There’s really some problem with this game code because just getting 10 players on the same screen the fps breaks down so hard. Chat spam from bots and other UI components are also culprits for this bad performance. It looks like the game is still Alpha

Could you explain how to do this please? :slight_smile: Thanks

Thanks for the solutions guys. I will try this night on my gf notebook to see if some of them help!

I noticed that both Cobalt Forest and Septyni Glen are the maps I started to have issues with opmization. Every 15 seconds my game freezes for a few seconds, which cause the death of my character a few times.
I was in a party with someone else and they had the same issue, at the same time.

3 Likes

Please stop blaming “the bots,” it’s not them, most of them aren’t actually bots they’re sweat shop workers, and yes they do suck but the notion that ITS THE BOTS, needs to stop.

The games netcode design doesn’t work for an MMO, each channel of a map only works until you have… 6-12 people on it then things start to break. They’re sending too much information to everyone in the map (AFAICT) and the netcode they’re using is extremely CPU/bandwidth heavy.

Thus the stuttering. My stuttering was completely gone once I got to the mines last night at between roughly 4am-6am EST when the user population was substantially lower. It would only come back when I went to a town or a major waypoint.

tl;dr – stop the “ITS THE BOTS” crap and call it what it is, an engine not doing it’s job.

1 Like

this post needs to be pinned, this is something that should be very high on the priority list.

5 Likes

I agree that this should be a top priority. Having exceeded the recommended requirements I should be running higher than 20 FPS on average on my alienware laptop.

I could barely get through the Koru jungle at 0-8 FPS on average. My computer can play Skyrim on its highest settings and handles Fallout 4 just fine on medium settings. I am usually limited more by heat issues than system capability… PLEASE Can we get an official statement on this? Literally game breaking for a lot of people.

5 Likes

Yeah, i have seen lots of people complaining about bots, trade and cash shop system.
I think that they should worry about this things when the game gets playable, because by now it’s just impossible to play.
Game feels completelly clunky and it’s annoying to play at the moment.

3 Likes

Happens a lot when I’m playing swordsman, possible due to sprint thing… My screen starts to freeze for 1 sec with 3 sec interval. Like I said, only with my swordsman tho, when I play with my cleric, I have no freeze but still have problem with overpopulated map.

Yeah it’s definitely a problem. I have an I7 w/ 980ti.

I get incredible FPS on other games. With the exception of this and BnS.

Some places im getting 140 fps. And others it’s down to 30. I don’t know what’s happening but wanted to assure everyone, it’s not your hardware. The games poorly optimized like blade and soul (another korean MMO)

I’m having the same issues, but my FPS goes as low as 1.2, in the closed beta it didn’t go bellow 30~28, it looks like the game is back to alpha or something, this is NOT a finished product.

1 Like

It’s really frustrating…

well, tbh I dont think that they will fix much since it is a major problem in the games coding. they would need to rework the whole thing.

bump. still no actual fix for this huh

I haven’t been facing any fps drops, even in the busiest parts of the city. The only type it drops is when the bots start to spam a ton in shout. For some reason that seems to affect the game a bit when there’s a lot of shout chat going on.

1 Like

good bye :comet::comet:

I7 4500, dual GTX 780 TI Gaming Edition 3gb, 32 gb Ram, SSD - fps from 150 to – 15 – LOL 15 !!! Fix it

I wish this OB with all these bugs was just an April fools. lol

While we wait for server/client optimizations, I’ve compiled a list of setting that can make FPS / suttering less of an issue in FPS Optimizations. Feel free to comment with other tips there if you find anything that helps.

2 Likes