Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

Breaking news: We already have a one man caught on the scene. Good.

5 Likes

Hopefully IMC stay consistent in their policies and decision making.
Hopefully its not a facade, or a show-front that fades off over time.

shards value :arrow_double_down:
raid stone value :arrow_double_down:
opal :arrow_double_down:
mithril :arrow_double_down:

Have to seek alternative ways to source silver. :sob:
Only CM worth doing for now. What else is worth crafting

Raid stone no longer hold any value to craft atm. 350k on Tels and each recipe consumes 3 shards
( 150K each)

The Velcoffer cube shot both Leticia cubes and CM cubes in the foot.

Two for One! Both Cash and F2P players get hit in the same blow!

:tired:

@STAFF_Yuri Another way to simply fix Rmt would have been for devs to choose a minimum and maximum price for every items. Meaning for equipment having a formula that changes the price based on Upgrade, transcend, and gem lvl. Something like that. ^^

That would have also limited economy a lot more than how it actually is right now. ^^
It could also have fixed crafting of potions so you can never buy overpriced materials, or sell the pots themselves for a price too high compared to that.

But anyway it’s cool that you’re chaning this policy already. Hope it will help reducing the number of bots who farm in the maps where people would like to exp…

You mean the fixed price, that would also going to cost some time, but definately looking at those items, we need something on this. :tired:

@Delven @STAFF_Yuri

Uhh, fixed price was tried out back during TOS launch.

Not a very good idea, in my opinion.

People will just end up using blessed shards/gems to barter trade. :tired:

Also, you will have to spend time to keep updating the prices up and down…etc. Forcing prices is never a good idea. (No government has successfully done it either, and they have more resources than a game team).

EDIT: VERY LONG POST. @Delven @STAFF_Yuri

Why price caps are bad - Based on Delven’s suggestion - Upgrade / Enhancement (I will call it Anvil, to shorten it) ONLY (Transcend is 100%)

Using @kaizaxl 's calculation tables from Let’s Discuss the Math of Enhancement

Note: Silver cost is based on the Masinios Bow (ORANGE, 2 HANDED, 350) Same silver cost applies for the Primus 2handed weapons, and the other 2handed masinios weapons Silver cost is calculated by 1hand/2hand and weapon rank (orange, legendary, level req)

I will use AVERAGE(mean) numbers from the post, just as a simple explanation as to why the caps are not useful (Price of weapons are already within the range).

Let’s look at specifically the case of making a +16 so we can understand how to read this plot. Here, the cost of enhancement has a mean of 33m, with a lower and upper bound to the error bars at 9m and 57m, respectively.

Weapon cost: FREE
Anvil Silver Cost: 33m
Total: 33m.

The number of weapons made has a mean of 5.2 with a lower and upper bound of 1 and 9.4, respectively.

Average number of weapons needed to make a +16 is 5.2 (This means 1 SUCCESS in every 5.2 weapons = 4.2 FAILURES)

Using the CHEAPEST Primus Bow I can find on Telsiai - 2m, Full Potency

Weapon cost: 5.2 x 2 = 10.4
Anvil cost: 33m
Total: 43.4m

Using an acceptable stat Primus Bow, Full Potency, 2 Green (Str 67, Con 54) - 10m

Weapon cost: 5.2 x 10 = 52
Total: 85m

Using the Masinios Bow at discount rates (prices are normally higher) Recipe 10m, Lunar Trumpet 193 x 100k = 19.3m, Practonium 2 x 5m = 10m, Sierra Powder 30 x 40k = 1.2m, Nucle Powder FREE = (10 + 19.3 + 10 + 1.2) = 40.5m

Weapon Cost: 5.2 x 40.5 = 210.6m
Total: 243.6m

What if we completely and utterly fail RNG? According to the graph, the upper bound is 9.4 (Around 9.4 weapons used)

Weapon cost: 9.4 x 40.5 = 380.7m
Total: 413.7m

THESE ABOVE COSTS DO NOT INCLUDE THE MARKET TAX. If you include the market tax: 413.7/0.9 = 459.67m COST PRICE for the Masinios Bow, crafted. If you allow for a 10% profit, it increases to: 459.67/0.9 = 510.74m

@STAFF_Yuri Prices on Telsiai server, where I pulled the above costs from, are already inside these limits.

As economic theory shows, prices will stabilize based on the chances of obtaining the item. There is no need for price limits per @Delven

If you limit the above prices LOWER, then you’re hurting only free players. Why? As the other posters like to keep throwing around - whales can just buy silver11!!!11!. Whales can eat the losses to make a +16, free players cannot, you want to at least break even.

It may SOUND nice, but it really isn’t.

Holy crap, that was a long post :tired:

Edit2: BUT WHAT ABOUT TRANSCEND11!!!1!!!

At 100% success rates: Primus 2hander/Masinios 2hander needs 177 Blessed Gems.

I assume anyone can buy and transcend the item themselves

Using Telsiai Rates: 1 Blessed Gem = 1.1 to 1.5million (Lets use the cheapest, 1.1million)

Transcend price: 177 x 1.1 = 194.7
Including market tax: 194.7 / 0.9 = 216.33m
Total cost of UTTER RNG FAIL +16
510.74m + 216.33m = 727.07m

Unless the enhancement/anvil system chances are re-worked, the prices of anvil’ed gear is purely due to the RNG required. Not due to whales.

Oh yeah, @Seiran should take a look too, there’s your ‘whaled’ item. All at current market prices!

TL;DR PLS OLD MAN
Market price caps will only hurt free2play players. :tired:

Why the hell did you bother / put so much effort in?
Just like @kaizaxl , I like this stuff. And this game. Don’t want it to die.

Edits, Edits, More Edits: Link to my earlier summary post, since this thread is too long

You still dont get it :

Look its how it work : silver demands = RMT silver offers

and thats how the world go round :tired:

So the new rules is already a very good step because :

1-Silver buyers will now think twice before buying any silver because the GM are now watching closely.
2-The silver demands will slightly fall, and then the silver offers will also slightly fall, and then there will be slightly less bots.

IMC can not do anything against RMT/buyers without harming players, because RMT and buyers are also players, so its not that easy for the GM :tired:

Giltine Wing isn’t my only example though. Any high-end item gets priced astronomically expensive when there are people willing to pay that price because they can just cash out some silver.

If we compare all servers you can see that the price of high-end items are more expensive in servers where RMT is more common (including the “legal RMT”).

Read my ultra long post.

Cost calculation based on break-even rates.

Maximum cost based on 10% profit on anvil alone, break even on trans10.

Price of +16 upgraded weapons have nothing to do with RMT.

You mean the Velcoffer items that no one is buying and are just…listed?

Sure, mate. They’ve been there for a while, though.

Also, you can’t be all-inclusive on 0.01% drop items like Giltine’s. AND. Since you’re here. Don’t run this time.

Don’t avoid the question, just as how you threw that at me.

I kinda agree with you because why RMT happend it sometimes not because of player wants to buy silver from bot and look at another way round of it some players wanna quit the game for real and decide to go sell so same logic RMT exist is because player wish for not just exist because whale exist . All is because of player I hope imc implement stuff also need change while market dungeon silver income for player because no RMT all player will suffer of lack of item going out and more coming in . Means no one will sell those hard RNG item like lectia/goddess cube wings as u guys wish for it will become more unique as I think so more to ppl can only be brought in real money . So there downside to everything . Hope more rebalance rework over tos not just a death cycle from 2 years ago

Yet, it’s a price defined by your own economy/community. For example, if you list them for 70-80m like on the other servers, people will probably even buy it because “omg, that’s cheap” - which is actually the highest price on some other servers.

This is just one of many examples of how price is affected by how RMT on your server.

No, I would list item for cheaper if I couldn’t sell it at all, which is the natural effect. No one buying? You can pick between leaving at the same price or lowering it, it goes down to how much and when you need silver or not - or even to predict if the silver or item value will change or not.

If you use a credit card it starts being possible to buy but then you’re making your economy worse and the process becomes an unnatural mess that excludes players.

And I keep telling you. It makes the economy worse IF you buy silver from faucets, like the RMT bots.

It does not affect the economy (NO ADDITIONAL SILVER INFLUX - DEFLATION EFFECT FROM MARKET TAX) if you buy from other players. (TP > Silver).

Try to keep that in, this time.

Your way of risk are too heavy impact to player and game just a example what if ppl wants to harm you by buying silver from bot and accusing you to get banned it will be a crime also when buying silver from bot is underneath in bank to bank transaction which imc cannot search is too dangerous for imc to do that if you understand using ban must go through alot process which really hard to agree with your point of view

While I enjoy the though orgy and would love to participate…

Why don’t we all get a room :smirk:

@STAFF_Yuri I suggest moving the discussions here to another thread and leaving the oppen suggestions (and other more direct posts) here to make it easier for other reader and give the oportunity for a longer continuation of the discussion…

PD: the filtering button does wonders, but it isn’t perfect

1 Like

Can SOMEONE ELSE EXPLAIN THIS.

Whales TP > SILVER > ITEMS
WHALES GETS ITEMS. WHALE HAS SPENT SILVER.

Where does the magic silver being centralized on whales come from?

Does anyone else understand what the hell this dude is trying to say, because this is making no goddamn sense?

The whales just spent that silver. Where is the silver being centralized on them from?

Someone tell me how are you locked out from the high-end market from actually playing the game? Is there a lock-out from enhancing / anvil’ing your weapons if you don’t whale? Anyone?

Who is making and selling these high-end items? Not normal players? Magic spawned ghosts?

Can someone else tell me, because I do not get this dude’s magic silver and magic high-end item spawning logic.

Whales buy magic high-end items that magically appear on the market, created by no one in particular (not other players, surely).

Like actually playing the game and raiding velcoffer for the spirit stones? Uhhh?

Of course, when you don’t make sense, your opponent is throwing strawmen.

Sure. Thanks for your suggestions on magic money and items. Bye, watch the door.

Edit: Oh, this gets better.

Yeaaaah…like the ones who buy from silver faucets…whom…this EXACT thread was made to warn them not to.

OH OH, even better.

You mean like all the other +16 items on the market? Someone else please tell me what other +16 gear is he talking about.

Is everyone suddenly running around in +21 and +26 gear now? Did I miss a memo somewhere?

Primus weapons are outdated now? Is everyone wearing Velcoffer? AM I MISSING OUT? WHERE AM I?!

Just sayin you completely missed Csiko’s point. The server economy gets destroyed when people go crazy with RMT because all that silver being generated by ill-means is now injected in the economy.

The passive generation of silver destroys the econ. TP generation of items which are then traded for silver do not.

However, people will ALWAYS buy silver from botters for the convenience of it, and not give a ■■■■ about the the economy they are destroying. These people need to be banned, regardless of whatever twisted logic they use to justify their actions.

1 Like

You do know, that I have reiterated twice in my previous posts, which he conveniently ignored… yes, anyone who continues to do this should be banned, BUT. IMC will be better off if they can entice people whom are already willing to spend money on the game (they’re already buying silver, dudes) to actually buy it through legal means?

Which is the point that me, and woolie was trying to get at the entire time, through these two dudes’ entire rant of BAD BAD I DON’T UNDERSTAND BUT BAD?

People buy silver because of convenience. Exactly, now provide that convenience and you capture the entire market.

Don’t provide a bad product and then ban users who get them through someone providing much better convenience, that is just shooting yourself in the foot. You’re literally throwing away people who’ve already shown that they will be potential customers.

Edit:

Which is exactly my point. But someone here doesn’t get it, apparently all forms of cash obtaining silver is horrible and economy destroying. Shrug.

Edit2: @Remiri On a more serious, and non-sarcastic note…

Convenience would be actually directly selling items in the TP store, instead of locking them behind RNGcubes.

The biggest, and easiest reason, would be to provide a straight and easily understood conversion rate of TP to Silver. Just like my example using tokens as a comparison in my very first ‘Information’ post (Not rant, mind).

However, IMC’s logic of throwing everything behind gacha cubes messes that up. You have to look at the market, search each item individually (especially the 10000 costumes from Goddamn Blasted Cubes), and list them.

If they’d provide easily listed, straight convenient items BESIDES tokens, they’d have already partially succeeded on the convenience front.

And that’s fine as long IMC don’t go overboard.

Example:
A MMORPG I played in the past introduced a cash shop “Coins” as a premium currency that can be sold cross-server on its market to buy cash shop stuff. Guess what happened? Economy started focusing on Coins price to value things, turned into a Cash-based economy.

And even then, it was worn out to the point people it started being not worth to convert cash -> gold with those said coins, because they started being too cheap due to amount of people getting into the legal RMT scene. Try to guess what happens to players not selling those coins in the first place when the server circulates around them?