Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

I don’t care how you waste your money.

I do care if someone that does something against the rules doesn’t get punished, you’re not better than botters.

What bothers me is your arrogance, coming here carelessly knowing that they won’t ban you, like they didn’t ban many other abusers.

The only person I appreciate here is @STAFF_Letitia, that showed she cared, but I’m sure enough that @STAFF_Yuri won’t ban you, even after you accused yourself.

To me you are scum, nothing less.

2 Likes

Try some convert system of TP for silver like in guild wars 2 with the premium gem you can convert to gold or i dont know bring back the grimmreapper or something :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Well, that’s a start. It’s time to hunt.

I’m a bit disappointed you won’t be investigating the chat logs, not even the “/y” chat. On Silute, searching for “temers” is enough to find the biggest RMTers in the server. Just like people call US dollars “obamas” and “trumps”, people here sell items for “temers”.

4 Likes

You forgot one more game , Neverwinter online , same system woking good … And Blizzard use similar system .

RMT is not something that can be stop, you can only regulate.

My first post: Policy Update Regarding RMT

Right. Time to make an ultra long one.

Before that, some minor bits of myself, and why I feel that i’m justified to give this advice (besides my self intro in the first post).
I have bought the following at launch
Founder’s Pack 1 x 3
Founder’s Pack 2 x 3
Founder’s Pack 1 (50% off) x 3
Founder’s Pack 2 (50% off) x 3

And about US$ 1,500 worth of TP after returning to this game, within 3 months.

I’m not a huge whale, nor am I some self-advertised FREE TO PLAY ONLY, NOT A SINGLE CENT SPENT player

@STAFF_Yuri Here are what I am 100% sure to buy, if/when they appear in the TP store. The major thing is convenience, and cosmetics. All should be market sellable / tradable.

1. Rank Reset Voucher. Suggested price: 300 TP (20 US / pricing equivalents to 300TP in other regions). A definite must buy / will sell. I personally will buy at least 4 right from the start, and at least 1 or 2 per month. Easily. Let me mess with my characters.

2. Effect cosmetics. Like this one! https://tos.neet.tv/items/640000 except not in Gacha boxes. Look at how Path of Exile does it > https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/alternate-skill-effects FYI, 100 points in the Path of Exile store is 10 USD Those things are not cheap, and people buy them. So will I. Let me bling up my bulletmarker, bigger explosions, different ground effects on Bloody Overdrive, different ground effects on R.I.P., you name it! Besides just skill effects, you can also add in weapon effects. Again > https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/weapon-effects Want a flaming cannon? Make your Lancer look like he’s wielding a blazing demon spear and EDGY AS HECK?

EDIT: Oh, here is an effect that i’d definitely buy - I want a sakura petal effect, like the white snowflake one, except sakura petals. Bet it’ll be a hit with JTOS as well.

1. More pets, or pet cosmetics (and separate pet limit from character limits). The pets should go well, and be advertised with the new cosmetics store. If I want to put a mini murmy helmet on my penguin, or a dragoon helmet, let me! Pirate penguin? Air steward/stewardess battlebird? Royal guard dragoon armadillo? Shoot!

And as long as all of the above can be sold on the market, us whales will have more areas to cash out besides tokens (which, as I stated in my first post, have a horrible conversion rate) and cubes.

This is just a start, there can be much more additions to the TP system. (PS, as I said in my first post, having free cubes overlapping with cash cubes is horrible.)

Let us spend THROUGH IMC, THROUGH TP, and we will. Sometimes we just need silver to get a nice +21 weapon, hey?

6 Likes

Please remove market restrictions for premium hairstyles, lenses and hair colors too. And like @Veldt said, stop putting shining pet eggs in the Leticia cube, put them in the TP shop to be directly bought with TP to be sold to players instead. Battlebird is the best pet in the game for its aura effect and its price dropped to 4~6M on Silute’s market because Leticia cubes are cheap. You killed the reason to buy it from the TP shop by doing that.

7 Likes

why not just go with the flow on the sequence of their focus? i mean, it doesn’t hurt if you stop RMTing while botting is still going on.

while you make sense regarding the relation of botting and RMT, i don’t see it why you’d only give up RMT under the condition that imc remove botting first as if it’s some kind of demand? OxO

2 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri wouldn’t it be a good idea to add a bounty/reward system now?

If the point of first stages is analysis there could be an event (or maybe permanent feature) to incentive players to report and help to enforce the policy. If you combine this effort with the Report feature on market it could be a nice thing.

This also makes me think of a possible suggestion, a “witness” system or something like a “secure trade system”.

Given a special 1:1 trade you could allow the assignment of 2 players to a transaction, 1 for each side. This already happens unofficially at times, like, when people were selling Solmiki 40F Weapons.

By using the witness system all 4 involved players would agree to be punished if there’s illegal activity, the trade isn’t completed until GM revision and it allows trading silver directly.

The GM would be able to allow the trade, object it and/or punish all involved players for the illegal activity.

Of course this assumes a low number of trades like these so it doesn’t become a burden or a long waiting process. But could be interesting to give players a way to start special trusted trades in a legit way that gets a GM validation directly but also reviewed by the witness.

As a safe measure, make it so witness must be on their friendlist for X days or weeks and be Y years old and this could allow you to be harsher on unusual transactions without hurting honest players.

You have to understand that RMT can not be stopped no developper ever did it on any mmo.
IMC can not block RMT without blocking player as well. Understand that the only way to kill RMT is to kill the game :tired:

One suggestion not a solution just some ideas is to install a convert system of TP to silver with a dynamic evolution to stay competitive with gold player price for exemple.

Or just look at the average gold seller/buyer average silver transaction and add some silver packs at the TP trader for like 300 / 500 / 900tp.

silver customers goes to IMC = Less demand for gold seller = less bots

And i said “less” because there will still be RMT no matter what as long as the game is alive.

(but then people will still cryin because IMC is selling pay to win silver) :tired:

And even if for some reason RMT disapear people will find another thing to cry for :tired:

So understand IMC are doing what they can do about it.

1 Like

In other games, if anyone was dumb enough to admit RMT in the forum, he would be insta-banned.

Not only he came here admitting it, he went further and demanded that bots should be all banned in order to stop violating game rules.

I’m appalled, what’s the point the new rules?

1 Like

Why would anyone have issue with that? You are supporting the development of the game and providing items that people want, it isn’t like those items are magically converted to silver, there is a demand for them.

Meanwhile, straight RMT doesn’t support the developers and supports people who are making the game worse for everyone via botting and spamming chat.

5 Likes

Sorry for the off-topic comment but I cannot resist. Think if that happened in-game instead, near a GM. lol

They really need to be harsher with these things.

1 Like

It happened, why do you think I’m so pissed off? I quit over such things last time, I’m about to again.

1 Like

thats the problem, maybe a team of active in game gm with basic commands like kick/ban would be nice.
They could just patrol popular bots map or idk.

But people spamming you all day to cry might be horrible and as a GM id kill myself :tired:

No, that was only part of the problem, because despite all evidence provided, he was banned only months later and the botter sat near the GM (with all his bots, forgot to mention) a couple of times, basically making fun of them.

When someone comes here and says he’s violating the rules and nothing is done, the problem is the lack of punishment (and I’d say self-respect too).

What’s the point of playing legitimately if anyone that violates the rules is punished with a pat in the back, if punished at all?

I kinda understand this policy is great help but when bot dies off do we have a chance to lower down the tax at market really killing a normal player hard earn silver also there’s alot like dungeons that doesn’t drop silver too , it would be great alot things can drop silver since upgrade our characters requires alot silver like attribute/anvil/awakening . Is not I care about others doing rmt but player business to gain silver is harder to sell at high price . Alright lets put an example no bots no RMT anymore in market about silver all just pure players with current difficulty base on RNG and high tax is our biggest enemy and why because we need high income in order to par the difficulty of RNG cube/ichor/anvil to able to gain what to upgrade our character so it be great if the policy comes in market 0 tax even our item not sold also could no deduct silver . Thank you imc

the problem with that and for extension my suggestion too…

is that rewarding players would flood them (staff) with fake and abusive “results”…

if you want a real life example, count all the women that died on the last witch hunt alone…

The desire to help should come from the heart of the community and if they wish to reward it should be something small or under the covers as to not draw attention of the many dumb one that think themselves clever…

3 Likes

im afraid its not that easy.

One fun idea would be to have dedicated in-game moderator team , giving up on playing the game, and just be available to make sure people are not violating the in game rules. They will see any evidence by their own eyes and react instantly.

But this come with pros and cons and i think IMC already thought about all of this.

1 Like

finally someting is gonna be made about those anoying silver sellers …

… the only thing I think was a mistake was tell until when the monitoring will be on, some may wait until the end of it to start doing the silver selling again …

… one thing that is my doubt is the ban will be account ban or IP ban (like the one made by Blizzard some time ago) ? cause it is only account they might just make new accounts and keep doing this stuff