Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

Its more of GGG not regulating the RMT trade as much. You can take a peek at the RMT sites yourself, every league the sellers’ reviews are spammed full of feedback from PoE currency sales. You can definitely P2W there. But because how ‘power’ is calculated based on your builds/player reactions as well, it doesn’t show up as obviously as TOS.

Just because the RMTers are in the economy doesn’t mean that the prices are high because of them. The rarity is the factor. These items will be priced extremely high, to the point that only no-lifers and whales can afford them. Is that the whales fault? No. If you drop the whales, then they will still be priced where only the no-lifers can afford them. It is due to item RARITY. These items will NEVER be all inclusive. I do not see why you keep using them as an example beyond not understanding the scarcity value concept.

Also > He could’ve listed the item for much cheaper to be all inclusive… But if you had a Giltine’s Wing yourself, would you?

Would you list your Giltine’s Wing cheaper to be all inclusive?

Edit: @TheAlleyCats POE’s monetization is based on targeting a specific market segment. The prices of cosmetics there are aimed at (in comparison to TOS) ‘whales’. The player base has already been segmented into ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’, thus the high prices per-item. GGG stays out of the pay-to-win concept by not releasing any ‘power’ objects in the cosmetic store, but RMT is alive, and thriving there. Mainly through sales of the ingame currency.

Amusingly, the most prominent ‘bots’ in Path of Exile are the currency exchange bots. :smiley:

Honestly, I’ll stop reading here. You’re not reading my posts where I explained that.

GGG goes heavy on RMT. Try to post on POE forum that you RMT, like the other guy did here and see for yourself the reaction.

A quick example:

Now I may agree that they are unable to ban everyone (they’re a small company after all), but saying that they do not regulate it is just false.

That is, again, just false. In every game I played, the prices were set accordingly to the RMT rates because “it’s cheaper from gold sellers, I’d get more from them with the same amount of money”.
That’s an excuse I read every time.

Because if you are rich, you do not care about saving some € at the risk of being banned. Only cheapos take the risk.

2 Likes

Don’t avoid the question, just as how you threw that at me.

Just like how you avoided answering the question I posed to you before in the TP limit thread - What do you consider reasonable spending of 300 TP.

Would you list your Giltine’s Wing cheaper to be all inclusive?

Edit: @TheAlleyCats Yeah, dude asked for it by posting on the forums. The actual enforcement really isn’t as much. Just like how cheating and item switch scams are rarely, if ever, enforced. They don’t have the staff.

Also, at least you understand external factor concepts. Yes, the prices are often set to RMT rates. Which is why I brought up in my very first post - IMC has to crack down hard enough to either raise the cost of the bot-RMT sellers, or to increase the value of TP.

Getting the best value for money isn’t really an ‘excuse’ in the sense that…why would you pay more, say, for a pair of shoes, if someone else offers the exact same pair, design, etc (essentially silver has no ‘lock’ on design). To these people, they’re paying for ingame currency, no matter where it comes from. To you, its an excuse. To them, its a perfectly logical answer. Why would you pay MORE, for the exact same item?

:tired:

Yea,
use PMs or something?

4 Likes

rarity? RMT? why not both? :3

there’s 1 hipster glasses in NA that’s priced at 20m

while there are 4 in SEA with 45m as the lowest

2 Likes

These stuff are what TP/cube whales would sell to normal f2p players to get silver, though. They’d be priced at what actually moves on the market. Perhaps you should take a look at the enchanted stats on them?

20m in klai haz better enchantment than the 45m in tels

earlier on there’s one in tels that’s cheaper than the now cheapest 45m but has better stats as well

but the point is, i doubt it’s rarity alone that’s dictating the prices as shown by my example

3 Likes

Maybe the cheap ones on Tels have been bought up.

Or, as Telsiai’s the land of RMT, the economy has been jacked up here due to all those who’ve been buying silver from the faucets (bot-RMTs).

Cosmetics are really hard to get a true lock on supply, though. Besides the medal ones, the others are all RNGcubes. Sometimes you just don’t get any of a specific one - i’ve never EVER gotten a pair of cat headbands myself.

Edit: One of the reasons I personally dislike RNGcubes - Erratic supply. I’d rather have high priced, but non-RNG options.

well, i’m just saying that rarity alone isn’t the sole factor of price hikes as you initially stated ‘w’/

especially when you take population and item rarity of klai into cosideration

and how you’re saying RMT affects said economy in tels

if the cheap ones in tels have been bought up, by rules of rarity, the 45m glasses shouldn’t have been priced that way if there are more supply

1 Like

Rarity alone is the sole factor of the example being used by @Seiran - 800+ mil weapons and Giltine’s Wings are not as common (dime a dozen) as hipster glasses.

The price of regular cosmetics would have much more factors to take into account - culture demand, maybe more folks on Telsiai like the glasses-girl look? Supply - Just like how I NEVER GOT A DAMNED PAIR OF CAT EARS. etc.

Edit :

Exactly. RNGbox supply is irritating as hell to guesstimate. No one listed cheaper yet, perhaps. Check them again later, or on the weekends. You cannot just take a single instance of price to extrapolate. You’d have to keep an eye on the prices of hipster glasses, constantly, through the entire week, or month, to have a more accurate assessment on this.

I don’t monitor them myself, so I cannot tell you why, at the instance when you checked the market, there aren’t any cheaper than 45m. Too many factors, really.

Beware that people that have a high disposal of silver may play the market flipping game, buying at low and reselling at high (sometimes they buy all the high demand items and relist them at higher prices).
And yes, RMT may still affect it (because silver may come from a seller), altho there are legit a**holes.

Cat ears are free, you need a level 4 key you get from a quest in shaton reservoir to open the chest in absenta reservoir.

White were free too back then, came with an event. Don’t know about the gray/orange.

Free as well, I have several pairs of different colors :joy_cat:

No, I’d be not because I know what I’m talking about.
I just don’t fall into that category and don’t like this kind of people, specially when they call other “plebs” while trying to save a couple of bucks themselves.
It’s like someone that comes bragging he bought a pair of stolen Armani shoes: an idiot.

2 Likes

Not the black cat ears, the white/grey/orange ones from Goddamn Blasted Cubes.

Edit @TheAlleyCats

They’re in there: https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1404

Been in the Rank B category for quite a while, seen them there from when I returned till now.

Edit2: Now that I think of it, i’ve never gotten a pair of bunny ears either.

Edit3:

You’ll be surprised at how many rich folks are ‘cheapos’.

Edit4:

You have my agreement on that.

The price difference gap for TOS is really too high, though. Some are…sort of fine, like Leticia cubes (as long as IMC stops trying to shoot themselves - 20x raid stones from Velcoffer?). Others are really bad, using a baseline comparison of 1 month’s sub to silver ratio.

For most I see main part is hard to earn silver with a grinding way and here come the rng equip reroll cubes like solmiki/velcoffer/anvil/token/attribute I think this are the majority why player go for easy way and convienent by RMT and lastly the source of silver shouldn’t come from bot and it should be able farm by any means to cover these income and use . So with the price so high with normal player hard to able to achieve in normal ways if bot/rmt gone these solmiki/velcoffer/anvil/token/attribute should be able to par with how much income can we make a day so pretty much as real life adult works .

1 Like

That’s not enough to justify people that RMT.
In real world prices are not set by looking at blackmarket because it’s illegal, like RMT it’s illegal in gaming (and in real world too, if we really want to be pedantic).

Bad IMC practices can’t be used as a pretext to feel entitled to resort to RMT.
If you want something to change the solution is simple: don’t support them until they change into something reasonable.

But it’s easier to blame them and still buy gacha/RMT or whatever.

RMT is even worse, because it supports botters and gold sellers, so whoever is into the RMT is part of the problem.

I’m only replying because I really hope that Staff doesn’t fall into this huge trap that RMT are setting up by playing the victim card.

The price difference may not be enough to justify people RMT’ing from bots in your POV, but it may be enough, for the people who buy from them.

As I brought up in my 2 main posts to Staff Yuri, IMC has provide better TP items as well. More areas for TP buyers to ‘cash out’ so to speak (Especially consumables - like rank resets).

Agreed on this. Thats why there must be a good lineup of TP items provided. A combination of both incentives and deterrence.

Breaking news: We already have a one man caught on the scene. Good.

5 Likes

Hopefully IMC stay consistent in their policies and decision making.
Hopefully its not a facade, or a show-front that fades off over time.

shards value :arrow_double_down:
raid stone value :arrow_double_down:
opal :arrow_double_down:
mithril :arrow_double_down:

Have to seek alternative ways to source silver. :sob:
Only CM worth doing for now. What else is worth crafting

Raid stone no longer hold any value to craft atm. 350k on Tels and each recipe consumes 3 shards
( 150K each)

The Velcoffer cube shot both Leticia cubes and CM cubes in the foot.

Two for One! Both Cash and F2P players get hit in the same blow!

:tired:

@STAFF_Yuri Another way to simply fix Rmt would have been for devs to choose a minimum and maximum price for every items. Meaning for equipment having a formula that changes the price based on Upgrade, transcend, and gem lvl. Something like that. ^^

That would have also limited economy a lot more than how it actually is right now. ^^
It could also have fixed crafting of potions so you can never buy overpriced materials, or sell the pots themselves for a price too high compared to that.

But anyway it’s cool that you’re chaning this policy already. Hope it will help reducing the number of bots who farm in the maps where people would like to exp…