Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

Greetings Saviors!

We have made an announcement regarding ‘Policy Update Regarding RMT’.

You can check the details at our official website from the following link.

Link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=1415

Thank you as always for your continued support, enthusiasm and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,

IMC Staff

9 Likes

:satisfaction::satisfaction::satisfaction::satisfaction::satisfaction:

3 Likes

very interesting. for this part though:

Silver-buying accounts found to have listed such items will be processed as follows:

Strike 1

• GM message warning

Strike 2 (within 3 months of Strike 1)

• Listed items and Silver (or items purchased with that Silver) seized
  • 15-day ban

Strike 3 (within 3 months of Strike 2)

• Permanent ban

isnt strike 1 too merciful? i mean the silver/item isnt seized until strike 2.
wouldnt it be better if it was something like:

Strike 1

• GM message warning

Strike 2 (anytime after strike 1)

• Another GM message warning
  • 15-day ban

Strike 3 (anytime after strike 2)

• Permanent ban
15 Likes

Yes, this

Yeah, I was kind of expected this. The problem with making new rules is, that rules always have to be clear.
Many people could agree that, well if a new user comes or someone who is not really well informed with Market prices and Upload an absurd price and maybe three or four items to be sold.
Everyone could agree that, well this man could be mistaken, we could let him go.
But how about this goes up to maybe 10, 12, 30? a hundred.
Where should we have to draw a line over there? if the line did drawn, what is different between
the man just barely crossed over the line and the one who are on inch under?
It’s getting unclear when we are going up the lines.

So we have to choose, that to regardless the human mistakes, to catch them all…
Or accept that there could be someone could take mistake and give them just one chance. not more.
And people could make mistakes, really.

This new policy is meant to discourage the RMT buyers.
Rather he may pass this first time, but there will be no next time.
Well certainly he could try the next time, but where this RMT traded money will go to?
Ultimately to his main account. And those all the traces will be left in our logs too.

9 Likes

while i do agree that strike 1 is too merciful i believe is just, everyone always knows that rmt is wrong and banned offense, but i bet that if they simple removed the item on first time basis a lot of players would use this as reason to complain and request that their items is recovered so giving them a warning as first basis strike is the best option to cut this problem from the root.
edit: well Yuri made a answer when i was writing mine and it really explained a lot better, after all there is always gonna be mistakes and people complaining about it, i agree with them, by giving a warning first it should cut a lot of problems for when they bring down the hammer and heavy consequences, since they already have been warned!.

@STAFF_Yuri i would also suggest that this gm msg comes with a complete set of rules explaining about the strikes to them , explaining the problem, this could really decrease the complains in the future, since they would not be able to give excuses as “that they did not understand it the first time.”
and, :joy::joy::joy:, you also like to edit your msg’s a lot , just like me ^^.

1 Like

Just to make things surer,
The one who warned, or be punished, their market or single trades records all will be Archived in my Computer.

2 Likes

Question:
What about legit trades made via market with alternative items?

For example: Cheaper items to friends, trust/multiple payments where people used to list other type of items as payment and do the actual trade via the 1:1 system?

Another example (although it’s been addressed but still possible): Deals that exceeds the maximum market price.

2 Likes

That is also one of my current concerns, How could we distinguish friendship supporting trades, with another?
I don’t have clear answer on that one yet. Its one of the reason made me left one chance.

I would like to hear some suggestions about that if possible :tired:

@nery_ma that would be good one too. I’ll take consider when sending first batch of warning messages.
and yeah I do choose words a lot lolz.

6 Likes

You could just make more things 1:1 tradable or increase the cap further.

Most of the circle trades aren’t done suspiciously, though I’m sure the goldsellers’ tactics will simply change. Important that you stay ahead of what they’re doing and not the other way around.

2 Likes

For that I thought on checking 1:1 trades as well if something suspect comes up.

A highly valuable item is also rarely traded in 1:1 cases where it might filter it out. But for future Velcoffer items this is definitely going to be an issue even within 1 billion silver limit.

@STAFF_Yuri and if i go sell one velcoffer armor for one member of my guild for example. 100kk , ‘‘very cheap’’,
formerly I would put 100 items in the market for 1kk and when he buys i trade velcoffer armor in trade, or other example selling transcend itens because we cant trade they, or my boyfriend sending me money for something via market, i will go banned to ? Oo

This is also true, I’m reading, and keep catching many “Necromancer” bots, but I they chose necromancer that this is to be most “practical” for their use at this moment, I also captured some… Cannoneers as well. things could differs, and I on other hand want to observe during this… sessions.

1 Like

Sorry but I also was editing my post, there was an addendum:

…which begs the question as to why you would publicly announce this and give the RMTers a heads up. Now the selling sites have time to prepare and buyers have time to rev up their alt accounts.

Speaking of which, does this mean that alt accounts will be more closely audited? Or will anything ever be done about that mess? People aren’t going to care if their alt account gets banned–they’re just going to continue RMTing (and taking advantage of events for diamond anvils).

Maybe a warning sign, but there is a one sign I could use as signature.
Those RMT bots have special patterns which they can’t hide. but… well can’t say about it here.

Its another reason that I issued this period, is to improvise my tactics taking out RMTs and well, to discuss about this issue.

I’m keep thinking how to distinguish one from another.

3 Likes

ok im just afraid because i farm velcoffer and solmiki itens for sell and use market to sell it,for example this mace, i can’t just put on market ! :frowning:

1 Like

One of the things that might happen as well is the RMT directly for items… it’s something to look at too. Happens totally outside of market.

1 Like

Issuing new policies can’t be just blitz all the way through. That’s kind of bad part for an admin, can’t just bust them all in a shot. I also have to care, other rules than just RMT rules, I just can’t regressively create new rules and make a judgment.

Yes, the money flow will eventually ends up in a typical place. Their main account,
The flows will be traced.

6 Likes

the deep in down answer, is there is not a way for that; but there is a way around it;
just keep a record of those so called friend trades as well; and once someone post a rmt thread you cross check the “friend” thread list with them; because with this new system people will post about rmt a lot more, and this could be used as evidence that they are not really “friends”.
of course this is not fail proof as well but is a start, but at least to combat heavy gold sellers that is the main problem, the usual system would seems to work fine i believe.

1 Like

As long as they change it into silver in some place. I have eyes on that.