Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

Non-tokens are already limited, it’s enough already.
Also, subscription model for ToS ? People paying to play a game with stutters and VGA crashes ? No way, never gonna work properly.

Right, this is where IMC need to make a drastic change when it comes to cosmetics.

Once the botting is resolved, new players will decide to pay based on the merits of the game itself and usually focus on making their character pretty or cool or whatever they want.

If IMC keeps down the road of incredibly prohibitive Gacha for 30 TP a pop, this game is doomed. Cosmetics need to be the focus as straight TP buys.

3 Likes

I’m with you on that, on cosmetics.

They need to add a few more QOL stuff, though.

RANK RESETS. WE WANT RANK RESETS. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

My worry is that IMC has already passed the point of no return, i.e. Wings. Their entire business model is focused on the whale who can buy 300 goddess cubes and hope for Wings. I ■■■■■■■ hate wings.

This is also made obvious from IMC offering bonus cubes to people who buy huge quantities of goddess cubes. They are putting all of their eggs in the whale basket and it shows.

2 Likes

Because it is the only thing you can easily do when the game population is at this level.

The big spenders are the ones keeping the lights on. When you get more income (indirectly) from cutting off the 3rd party sources (As per this crackdown), you can start working on better content/hiring more staff. They just did, too. HI BOB

Well there would still be cosmetics on the marketplace for silver, but the values would be down to something a bit more reasonable should their actions against RMT succeed. Again it will take a while for the silver to sink out, but it will inevitably do so.

1 Like

Call me pedantic, but I don’t view selling a TP Cosmetic item as RMT. RMT is when you are trading real life money for in game currency, directly. The closest thing to ‘IMC-sponsored’ RMT is Tokens.

There are a number of things you can do with the TP Cosmetic item even in its current iteration. You can equip and use it, you can enchant it, you can exchange it for medals, OR you can sell it.

1 Like

It would seem that I got mentioned so I think I might as well chime in. @Veldt mentions the results of my simulations and was very careful to point out what sort of equipment I did them for. @Seiran counters that they’re outdated, but I think that’s rather extreme to say.

First of all, the part about how many times you need to retry, or the number of anvils you would need to use doesn’t change. This is true as long as the underlying mechanics of enhancement remain the same. You’re going to need ~5 Velcoffer weapons on average as you would need ~5 Masinios weapons on average. From that thinking you can estimate the value of a highly enhanced weapon based on the cost of acquiring clean weapons to enhance - @Veldt does exactly this sort of calculation, and it’s not hard to do the same for another piece of equipment:

An equivalent Velcoffer weapon should cost as much, if not more, than a Masinios just because it’s the next upgrade. The point that should be driven across is that these calculations are an estimate of the minimum reasonable value of these equipment, entirely set by the mechanics of the game. This has nothing to do with whales or RMT or anything else. It’s just as real as how blessed shards should never be worth more than the cost of rerolling Saalus cubes (which was 200k) back when you could.

I think we need to be careful when mentioning the upper limit. There’s nothing that is actually failing more after you’ve failed 9 times… so you can keep on failing. The distribution is also skewed, but the exact details of that aren’t important. The error bars I added are just to illustrate the variance of the system.

As a sort of last, but separate, note I want to say that I think that ‘legitimate RMT’ is a sort of necessary evil. The problem (on prices) isn’t the exchange of cash for silver, in of itself, but the bots that add more silver to the system. The bot silver increases the silver supply, which subsequently increases prices and reduces the buying power of all players in the game. ‘Legitimate RMT’ is giving players the option of buying silver from other players through the game developer. While it is easy to see this as P2W and the game developer being greedy, it attempts to address the issue of bots indirectly by reducing the demand for illegal silver, which should reduce bots. Banning players that do illegal RMT, offering ‘legitimate RMT’, and banning bots should all be a part of a multi-pronged attack. On paper, it sounds great, but execution is still up for debate.

As an analogy to this situation I would like to point towards Prohibition Era US, arguments for the legalization of marijuana, and animal conservation efforts using market forces. History has shown us that applying government regulation and legitimizing certain trades is more effective than outright banning them.

3 Likes

my knowledge of history and mathematics is pretty basic but i think i get why isn’t a 100% smart play to ban all of those who go RMT.
DID NOT said to not demotivate botting and RMT. I hate botting. They’re boring.
But if the player doesn’t have the time to play and still want to enjoy certain game while spending real money so he can actually enjoy it, then make his/her money spending actually worth it and reasonable with the right meanings and way. If you can’t/don’t want to buy TPs and/ordon’t know how to talk making sense and admit when you’re wrong shut up. You are as boring as those bots

I never bought TPs nor used RMT so I might make wrong assumptions. Still, I know how to use events non “exploteningness” so i can acheave what i want. I play because i enjoy not because i’m desperate to show off or whatever. Some of those who make use of RMTs are just “desperate” humans immersed in this imediatsm culture.

Instead of trying to fight fire with fire (directly trying to combat RMT/bots with changes on the low value from silver in game achieved from TP traders) why not generate certain itens that can be directly bought from the tp shop? No randomness.
For example, a tickect that when used, the next X raid cubes/vercoffer so they can give you Xtimes more drops. Or a tickect that gives X% chance so that inchors and anvils go success (my engrish…). Maybe some features add to diamond anvils? idk just ideas don’t hit me

TODAY, the TPs that ppl are buying though… the money that IMC is making isn’t showing as much as i thought it should be. 2 years alredy and still all these crashes and ways to surpass the system… Still, even this being the case, all the problems are being dealt with (we were told so) and I choose to belive it - partially. I’m not stupid. Hopefully from now on, with @STAFF_Yuri “MUCH LOVE” talking directly with us and all, things will start to trully change. Keep a good work, needless to say, and spending real money into TOS will make more sense. Hopefully changes like this will keep coming. Bugs and ■■■■ like that will appear, just don’t slack while working on it. Making a good game is a reposability for the players and it’s company.

I think the fun part of playing a game is not making it harder, but making it more interesting (hindering it might or not come within the process). If you make it too hard…RMT, bots and quiting (didn’t say that’s the reason why it happens on TOS). If it’s too easy… it’ll be boring e.e’ that’s what i think at least.
Maybe sales coinciding with future updates/changes, how about that.

That plus what some said about being able to exchange silver to token and vise verse, being able to change

I know that with this, if the real$ X TP isn’t atractive enogh, some players will still go for RMT so they can buy these “new itens” and/or use(continue to) buy silver to get whatever they want from market etc… just trying to come up with some seeds for new ideas so ANYONE can help yourself to develop them.

Will RMT, and (in concequence) botting completly stop? probably not. But it’s better than doing nothing. I like tos so yeah. It can be a lot better and chating whith the company assistence is the way;

I got bored when some started to argue about the same thing over and over .-. so I scrolled down and might’ve lost something someone said and i just repeat it. Which I can do again >->b

-also excuse my weird english, it’s not my born language :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh, I meant in the sense it’s not “what everyone wants” now. In terms of market Lv.350 weapons are now popular and cheaper, they’re not the “main thing” people will try to get. They also had its drop rates increased as part of not being the “latest end-game content”.

Sorry if it was confuse.

It’s kind of, Lv.350 equipment isn’t the type of gear someone would whale for anymore, and thus the price won’t be oriented by what whales would pay, unlike other high-end/newer items that follows “who can pay more?” strategies that gets heavily affected by RMT or Cash.

IMHO, I think everyone agrees with this, as long the game make it so spending time/in-game effort instead is actually worth too.

May I ask why did you took so long to update the police. And why it is still giving chance to people to exploit it once? :clap::clap:

@kaizaxl Thank you :sad:

I figured it would be simpler to use the upper bound to ‘simulate’ a maximum of really bad RNG rolls and get a set of numbers out. If I tried to say it was effectively infinite… :tired:

Well not even a week passed yet, but I think I could say, that we are all agreeing on some points.

1. Real money trader should be demotivated and be punished.
  2. economic system require some more attention.

Still there is some little debates going on, how and what will be the more efficient way or, what is the ideal way of economy of in-game could be different from people though.

2 Likes

Yeah the current one as Yuri decision is ok for you but on Yuri shoes she doesn’t want to be ban anyone on the spot which know if the player are really silver buyer or not if 1 strike ban and fine item gone I doubt if ppl hates you will try to use that advantage to ban around player if you know what I mean . You don’t wanna get ban for no reason like "i got permenant ban because I didn’t buy silver " but in other hand ppl try to buy silver from bot to get you ban and you don’t know so each side coin have its down side player always take advantage of it as you always think on bright side so pretty much very hard for Yuri to just going around with your same thought idea .

eh… its on the top reply. I’ll grab that back.

And about the delays, it took a while for me to build up

Well done for killing the bots . By the way for issue I had a issue for the silver income vs the price for cube reroll kinda so high to achieve and also the RNG wall to hit kinda super hard to keep it up i think thats reason ppl go buy silver because everything silver and market already taxed so high just worried that no one gonna support high price that could sold in market . I mean is no rich ppl could clear my item and I couldn’t sell my material/item at market to support my silver income

I’m always impressed on how people misunderstood each other fairly and square… (me included, of course x’3)

It’s great to see IMC finally formally addressing this issue & hearing out players!!
Kudos for that @STAFF_Yuri :confetti_ball: now here’s my 2cents .w.

I actually like the idea of having some sort of “whitelist” for those people who helps close friends/partners/guildies with silver & stuff (via market or trade), we just need to make things clear so people don’t abuse it with personal afk farming bots and such. (Not sure how IMC would treat self-carry Saalus runs on alts for example, some people used to do it for friends/self others for RMT, it’s kinda of a grey line in here >.>)

About the “player reputation” thing that was already suggested I think it’s nice in theory… But some sort of utopia in reality since we know players would abuse that kinda of feature for their own means ;w;

And I agree that we need - with proper care - some more interesting TP stuff for people willing to buy them, mostly cosmetics & non-game-breaker stuff for sure.
Idk on which product that could be tho… Maybe some exclusive luxury cosmetic for the big whales, people like to show that they have money & power so there’s that $.$ (some with 30+ weapons others with Great looking Costumes -and some with both because they can :woman_shrugging: )

I’m still a big fan on how things were before Gacha: want that costume? Buy it with TP. #GachaSucks
Personally I never put real money into something that I don’t know what I’ll get (game wise), I know that some love the thrill of it, it makes something way more valuable and of course may make more money overall… Still Packs with guaranteed costumes + hats would be awesome, even if they were a little more expensive than it used to be. Maybe trying to remove gacha completely pls! keep both things together may give an extra income, who knows?
(and if unfortunately gacha is here to stay, maybe adding some new free currency like the daily TP so people could try 1 or more cube for free after logging for a whole week etc. + the usual TP Cubes)

But being honest now: We know that in the end people just want Silver (cause Silver Sink is the way of MMO + you can buy your stuff). So how to make the whales worth their while without giving game breaker stuff? That’s the big question for IMC to find out x’D

It’s really hard to put in dimension how big the issues that RMT + bots brought to the game from the beggining -for sure it hurt and a LOT- the player base but it’s never too late to do the right thing! >:3

PS: sorry for grammar and confusing text, may fix that latter!!! x3

I agree that unbalanced influx and the sink of the current silver status is also effecting or, may luring people to the RMT traps. Which is clearer we all making discussions and works on this Thread. And I agree that, economy model have something is wrong with it, but this work will not going to be a short one.

Consider this as my first step towards it. however… we all have to stay cautious to tide up the things.
Its like big pile of mountain on my sight and we lost our language where to begin with.

But well, its a long lost homework and this got to be done in someplace.
As a first step, the new policies have to be announced, and the items needs to tide up, and the market, and the trading. this will lead to everywhere.

I need a Hive mind.

6 Likes

@STAFF_Yuri if you ask anyone, they will all agree that Randomness and real money shouldn’t mix…

no one goes into a shop/restaurant and say “here are $20 and give me the first thing that comes to your mind”…

I think all on TP shop should be solid stuff you know you will get and leave the RNG boxes to Silver…

you can also sell silver boosts on TP shop and other stuff like that…

Right now, RMT fishing rod has a tastier and more visible bait than IMC rod…

sure smart saviors wont bite, but the weak will do a lot…

2 Likes

This is a bit of a loop. The Devs feel the need to introduce Silver sinks to deal with the large influx of illegally introduced Silver.

Some players may feel motivated due to high costs, but there are certainly still some that do it regardless of in game costs (I’d assume a majority).

With a welcome change such as this and more to come, the economy may be in a more reasonable state to tone down Silver sinks or increase legitimate Silver gain.

4 Likes