Tree of Savior Forum

No one need you if you are not a Peltasta

DPS Swordsmen are really only bad in Earth Tower, but they have two good builds for it. Full tank and Shinobi.

But people want to be able to play their fantasy without being useless. Should be allowed to play a melee class and still be as good as a ranged, consider that you are melee you need to have some compensation.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it makes sense that a ranged character who can stand out of harms way deals more damage than a class who has to go up and personal.

It makes no sense on any level. Itā€™s just poor design.

15 Likes

Maybe IMC assumed this was a moba where the boss and creeps would choose to aggro the squishy ranged damage dealers so they needed to have more damage lmao. Itā€™s an MMORPG IMC, wake the hell up.

1 Like

This is so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  true. Swordsman got these insane powerful animations yet then numbers come out tiny compared to some little pewpew snowballs.

:>?

4 Likes

Hahaā€¦ take a look at this threadā€¦ if you want a good laughā€¦ they will end up just like you did

1 Like

be that main character in movies who train alone but eventually became very strong and destroy everything. :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that friend. I went Pelta C3 and never looked at my other swordsmen/swordswomen in my lodge anymore.

2 Likes

I am currently facing a similar dilemma too. I too, picked a damage swordman route with peltasta in my circle for the purpose of utility and semi-tank, but as of my current level, I more often than not, find myself in a meatshield position in most parties and the fact that I went with a dps route also means that I am not able to do what I was built to do, and I cannot keep up extended tanking durations due to the abundance of magic mobs and the lack of con (relative to ā€œtankingā€ wise). Most of the time, I just find myself guarding to negate damage while the other classes pump out all their awesomesaucebbq skills. Kinda demoralizing but Iā€™m not rerolling.

4 Likes

Well at least u got Peltastaā€¦I regret not taking it and took Highlander instead =(

Being peltasta isnā€™t the answer to everything tbh, at least if you do get a party you donā€™t get placed into roles that you werenā€™t built for. Yes peltasta is great and all and in this current build, might be a necessity, but the day you pick up the circle, you get shoehorned into a tank role and you have a huge responsibility ahead of you. Doesnā€™t matter what stats or skill build you go for, you can be a c3 hoplite/dragoon or a c3 barb/doppel but oh you picked Peltasta? You tank, thatā€™s all, potentially wasting about 75% of your other role efficiency. I am not sure how much fun that is compared to not getting a party.

5 Likes

Thats how logic works in this world

You need to balance betwen protection and Firepower. thats how every front line unit works.

if you familiar with military then you should know Artilery unit is thin skined but packed larger caliber, compared to Front line unit like tank.
or medival cannon compared to footsoldier

I got fencer goin Pel1 also.
because IMO Melle DPS need certain amount of protection to be effective, since swordman even DPS build were once and foremost still a Frontliner for his team.

1 Like

because the other class lack ability for aggro, Sw class that have peltasta in the build has higher demand. In group of my friends thereā€™re cleric and some mage that is as tanky as Sw but the party performance is better when thereā€™s someone who can aggro.

Find peltasta buddies that you can tag along with one of them when you go with party farming or dungeon so you can act as dps+sub tank when the tank is low on HP or fall.

1 Like

The reason we are always gonna be tank is due to our damage is far much lower compared to Archer and Wizard. If our damage is just about 5-10% difference then we could stand a long as a DPS instead of just meat shield = /

1 Like

I totally agree, swordsman skills need a percentage scaling, all skills from rank 1-6 become nearly useless later because they donā€™t scale with your level.

If they want all swordsmen go tank, than why do classes like barbarian,doppel,cataphract and dragoon even exists?
poor balancing here.

playing solo since level 190 and im 229 now, close to quit the game since the only class I like in games are swordsman like classes

5 Likes

Its because out of all the classes, the swordman actually has the lowest dps because its meant to be a tanker, 3rd place in dps is cleric, then wizard, and top would probally be archer, though depending on build it goes between wiz/archer for 1st. Peltasa circle one is purely for swashbuckling, which is a slightly beyond screen range 11 enemy taunt that can pull a bunch of stuff to you at level 5 swashbuckling. If you go even higher in peltasa u can pull even more, but peltasa 1 seems to be all you need. Swashbuckling is also pretty godly for farming too since itā€™ll pretty much yank everything on screen to you. on my 116 dragoon build, I use swashbuckling and then stabbing and it usually wipes out the entire pack of mobs.

Why would anyone want a swordman for dps? when a dps cleric (mostly chaplain), or a archer or wizard is far better? IMO the only really good build for swordman is swordie->peltasa->hoplite3->dopple->dragoon. nothing else will match its dps at endgame. I mean hoplite 3 is free 150 crit rate (or 150 dex bascally) free +3 aoe ratio, a 0s cd spamable ranged attack skill, which is made even more op when you factor in dopples deeds of valor/cyclone, then dragoons ability to use 2 hand spears+its sky high hitting attack skills. Oh and because of hoplite3, you never need to add any dex at all. You can go all str/con and still have higher crit rate than a high dex swordie. The +3 aoe attack ratio that also comes from the same buff for the crit is also quite nice. You pretty much canā€™t make a better swordman combo, it can dps, tank or off tank, taunt, it does pretty much everything.

The downside to this build is its a late bloomer. you wonā€™t really see how strong it is till hoplite3, but once you get hoppy3 and keep going it just gets more and more insane as u get dopple1 and then dragoon. Alot of people get the 2 hand sword classes cuz at low lv and mid lv they are decent, but they start to fall off HARD at like 170+ and thats when hoplitedragoon build starts to outshine them in everyway.

Maybe iā€™m bias, but if i had to choose between archer or swordie, or wiz or sword for dps, iā€™d always take the archer or wiz over swordie anyday. Most people will sadly. Not that I am that picky, usually iā€™ll just take anything and go even if its not optimal.

2 Likes

If only the Barbarian Taunt would work the same way as Swash Bucklingā€¦ it would solve so much problemā€¦ but it has such a SMALL AoE and such HUGE Cooldownā€¦

Give Warcry an attribute that pretty much does the same thing as Swashbucking and that helps the lack-of-class-diversity issue.

But thereā€™s still the fact that everything does more damage than Swordsman class overall; and no, just because itā€™s a Swordsman, that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s automatically a tank - that should be dependent on chosen classes and stats.

Aside from all that, one of the issues Iā€™m seeing is the small fact that magic cannot miss regardless. Anyone else think spells should require an accuracy check?

Peltatsaā€™s Guardian skill (at level 1) gives up to 18% evasion bonus with level 3 attributeā€¦ that skill pretty much replaces Gung Ho and Concentrate late game saving you buff slotsā€¦ Peltatsa can never be useless

I think you guys understimate tanking in general.Everyone else does more damage if tank is doing his job.

Second, Swordie still has monopoly on ā€œincrease dmg typeā€ debuffs.

1 Like