Tree of Savior Forum

KToS patch - Barbarian and Rodelero buffs - discussion

Ohhhh!!! Thanks for the reply! Wow 3 Overheat and lower cooldown definitely helps a lot!

Cleave still provider some utility for boss fight.
overheat 3time meanthe crit buff is extend to 15 second as a AA Corsair that a great New ;D.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You are correct. For me, it’s more about being able to have my own armor break AND strike bonus to consistently boost mine and other people’s dps. I don’t expect many people to have this build so I also feel at least alil bit special with it lol.

1 Like

The problem is the defense reduction from Shield Push doesn’t affect bosses…
It’s the worst design for Rodelero and makes absolutely no sense

Shield Push really is the worst skill in rodel’s arsenal, bar Shield Derp Charge. It wont work on bosses, has a pretty meh AoE radius, and it costs far too many skill points to become anywhere near useful.

Targe, Bash and Montano are still the top skills. Targe even got the whole no-knockback attribute which helps it immensely. Shoving is ok now, might warrant a point, but eh, dont think I’d max it anytime soon.

The shooting star buff is much appreciated tho. I don’t particularly care about it losing Slash property because I have plenty more slash skills outside of it. High Kick/Slithering synergy is gonna be amazing.

I’m not talking about shield push, I’m talking bout armor break from umbo thrust. Shield push won’t be used. Umbo thrust, high kick, and slithering will be enough

Slash is a terrible damage type anyway- big part of why barb sucks

Honestly this is nothing.

Swordsman scales terribly end game and these do nothing.

Reducing cooldowns won’t save a broken class.

Compared to Archers, Wizards and Clerics, you’re right.
But at this point, any bone thrown at us is a welcome change, so we’re just chewing on the bone here

1 Like

This just shows that they don’t actually play the game at all more likely.

Have you looked at archer attributes? Their very first archer attributes already give them % scaling and Musketeer / Cannoneer are straight up %. Innate class DEX bonuses and 10% STR bonuses every rank ensure Archer will be the top physical damage dealer in the game for years to come.

There is literally no skills in any of the swordsman classes that scale with a %, except Deeds of Valor which just outright gimps you when you use it as it requires you to be hit to 30%~50% health to even get the procs, not to mention it doesn’t even increase your attack speed at all.

My point is: IMC does NOT play the Swordsman class.

They simply read some comments about one class being underpowered and reduced cooldowns 5 seconds on all their skills. It shows that they have no idea what they are doing and think these small changes matter at all.

I’m glad you’re optimistic, but talk to me again when you’re in the level 220+ and not a Dragoon / Hoplite. Having only one build be viable is horrible design.

Shhh… not too loud…

Woah now, there ARE % modifiers on a loooooot of swordie skills.

Umbo Blow on stagger, Rim Blow on freeze/petrify, Cleave after stun, any Strike skills after Slithering/High Kick and any Slash skills after Lunge, Wagon Wheel has 110%, cartar 150%, skyliner 200% on bleeding etc.

There’s a lot more scaling things than you’d initially think on swordies.

The Shooting Star damage boost and change to Strike even makes me believe they DO play the game, because that’s definitely a hefty buff to Rodel’s damage output, and the cooldowns DO matter quite a bit, as little as it may seem. You’re not just using one skill over and over after all, what matters is if there’s downtime between your skills in general.

I see. I’ll keep that in mind.

Rodel is one of the worst classes and avoided by everyone for a very good reason. For you to list there few niche abilities shows just how bottom of the barrel you are going.

What you just said about Cartar, Skyliner… aren’t scaling you dingus. They simply deal bonus damage under niche circumstances. That’s not scaling.

The main reason people who play Swordsman avoid all other class combos except Hoplite C3 > Dragoon is because only spears gain 50% pierce debuff, 150 free critical rate and tons of hits that hit multiple times. Multiple hits scale better.

Spears?

Not to mention all the spear weapons in the game are relatively easy to acquire. A level 170 legendary Brandish is dropped by a low level 90 mob and I’ve seen multiple people farm the area for a day and get theirs.

Multitude of spears come with 2 attack AoE ratios, free critical ratings, +2 to all Hoplite skills etc. not all this in one spear, no, but there are vast options. Two handed spears gain bonus damage to monsters and overall are just better than the sword counterparts.

Rapiers as piercing weapons also have lots of variety.

1h swords have no +skill ups.
2h swords have no +skill ups.

Even Lolopanther 2H sword only has 1 AoE attack ration while 2H spear has 2. Even weapons like Muskets, Crossbows, Ice rods all have +2 to skill ups.

Swords?

No. It’s because IMC is just so damn unsure what to do with the weapon. Not to mention most monsters that are tanky in the game are plate / leather and weak to strike (maces, exclusive to Clerics) and pierce (spears and rapiers).

Swordsmen, apart from Catas / Hoplites / Dragoons scale terribly in the late game. Most of this is due to bad itemization and poor skill design. I urge you to check out Archer C1 attributes right now to see what I mean.

Archer scaling

Here, link for the lazy:

For example:

Free 10% more critical rate to Kneeling Fire from just Archer C2. % scaling to a skill you will always use.

This increases critical chance by 7.5% of a multi-hit skill. Archer C1. A skill every archer uses all the way to level 280. Show me something similar in Sword C1.

25% armor ignoring from just C1 archer again. You don’t even have to invest yourself into any kind of tree. This is for crossbow users.

25% more critical rate from just Archer C2. Not to mention Archer class gains a bonus to their critical rates / evasion naturally as a class. Swordsmen have nothing like this in any of their classes. Only skills that increase crit rate by 50 for a few seconds (Cleave, Barbarian C1, rank 3 class) or 150 (needs 3 circles into Hoplite) while an archer just needs one extra circle into their BASIC class to gain a % increase to their critical rate.

Swift Step at level 10 lasts for 45 seconds and has a 36 second cooldown meaning 100% uptime not to mention it will also give you 15% more evasion and 14% more movement speed to top it all off.

My point here?

All of this is given to a ranged class. A class that doesn’t even need to get close and personal with a monster. A class that can sit across the screen and deal damage.

All of these are % scaling.

##Swordsmen?
Flat damage and a few bonus % to like 5 skills.
Deeds of Valor that is 100% more attack but you will get 0 armor and doesn’t even proc unless you get hit so you can’t just dodge attacks or it won’t even work.

I’m sorry, but as far as scaling goes there is no scaling when it comes to Swordsman if you even take a peek at what other classes get. These are all just from Archer 2. I haven’t even shown you skills like these:

300% attack + 3953.

This is what end-game looks like to an archer:

This is what it looks like to a 2H sword:

Swordman with 0 scaling skills, long cooldowns and very few multihits of just 5 hits.

2 Likes

is this real that they decreased cd of barbarian buffs?

point wasn’t who is the better player, it’s the damage output and scaling

even if that doppel was an expert he wouldn’t come close to the archer, even if the doppel had full lolopanther

because of how % scaling works

Your are all wrong here, your comparaison makes no sense at all since Archer has better synergy than the Doopel you showed to us who has no synergy at all.
If you want a swordy class powerfull enough to face an archer class, just try Fencer or just try to think about all the synergy swordman classes have like Strike or Pierce defence ignored skills not some random skill picked up by a nobrain player !
And by the way, swordman are more tank/utility oriented class, if you really want to be a full DPS dont include swordman in your irrelevent wishes !!!

1 Like