Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

Wow that’s an awesome equipment you got there. How’s the critical rate?

Initially was planning to do a mixture of str and dex for a critical build Barbarian but gave up cause it’s hard to get a good critical rate (more than 50%?) I am currently having only 70 dex. Guess have to rely heavily on gems but even with 2 green gems with +22 critical rate each I can get up to 110 critical rate only…not even 50% critical rate on current mobs.

Part of me always regret that I didn’t take the Peltasta > Hoplite route > Corsair = / cause of the lack of AOE skills but the critical rate is awesome

I have a strange question, but can you pls test how much points finestra gives to your block?

There are rumours that it won’t increase it by listed %, but increase will be lower. Not sure what exact formula is, but it’s not flat as I’ve heard.

Definately planning on going Shinobi… i know the job class has several bugs right now, but that was my main goal… other than that i guess i will keep farming for better bracelets or materials for that stuff, everything on the marketplace seems to be inflating day by day and its pissing me off because its hard to make silver in this game

And you deserve all the credit, you made this guide and without it many people would have screwed up including me :smiley:

1 Like

I find that my crit rate on monsters my level is roughly 60% without finestra and 85% with… I’ve seen archers with 99% crit rate… always wanted to DPS like them…

Haha can’t compared with archer as they naturally have high evasion and critical rate as a compensation for lower hp and lower defence. But certainly the critical rate for Hoplite 2 > Corsair 2 is awesome and it’s certainly amazing when DWA + Finestra on boss = Critical all the way :grin:

Part of me always regret that I didn’t take the Peltasta > Hoplite route > Corsair = / cause of the lack of AOE skills but the critical rate is awesome

What’s the AOE ratio of Corsair’s skill?

Yeah, I thought you knew about them already:

Cleave also increases Slash damage by 50% now.

What are your goals with this build? Looks slightly more oriented towards PvE since you covered everything category for it.

PvP might lack a little bit of heavy CC, but I still think this is viable since you get a bunch of debuffs from Highlander to make it work.

The skill distribution is great, I wouldn’t really change anything as I understand the reasoning for picking the skills you did on your build. Good job!

If those are the classes you want to play leading up to Shinobi, I think they fit pretty well what you are looking for as it covers all aspects of the game without any problems.

Here are the few changes I would make:

• Leave Thrust at 0 and move that point to Pain Barrier, since you will be using spear and that will be your main source of Pierce damage.
  • Max Swash Buckling and remove 1 point from Rim Blow.
  • I would max out Stabbing instead of Pierce in this case since you will have Hexen Dropper for quick burst anyways.
  • Leave Unlock Chest at level 0 and place that point into Iron Hook.
  • I would leave Dust Devil at level 1 and use those points for Iron Hook / Keel Hauling. Or at least max out Iron Hook and then the rest of the points into Dust Devil.
  • No clones in this build? I guess that is fair, the only problem is that apparently Mijin no Jutsu might be bugged, so you will be able to find out once you reach Shinobi or once we get confirmation of it.

I think it is fine if you would rather finish with Dragoon instead of Fencer on your build. Even though I still prefer Fencer because of the shorter cooldowns it has.

For your stats, I think you might want to increase your DEX since you are not taking Hoplite for Finestra on Dragoon, which means that you will require quite a bit of it at higher levels (close to 100, if not more).

Unless you really don’t care about Critical Rate the your ratio would make more sense since that amount of DEX will cover your Accuracy for the most part on PvP / GvG.

If you were to take that build, my only suggestion is to take at least level 1 of Gae Bulg since you still want the debuff it applies on hit to increase Physical Attacks by 15%.

They have 0 by themselves, so the only take what Swordsman naturally has plus equipment.

Ah I see, that means it should have minimum AOE ratio of 4 right.

Ask about Bunshin No Jutsu

• Level 5
    Duration: 20 seconds
    Summons 5 Shadow Clones
    Damage Increase: 5x

Damage x5 only for skills that can copy by bunshin or for all skills ?

Correct.

That is damage on you.

5 clones = you take 5x more damage.

what ??
i read it wrong lol
too bad

Im glad im taking barbarian instead of highlander before going fencer. I always thought highlander will be much better. Cd barbarion too high now, and my AA now abit low

Thanks for the reply, stat wise would you suggest a 4:1:2 str:con:dex distribution instead? Or 4:2:2 str:con:dex?

What DEX bonus :open_mouth: You didn’t encounter problems with almost 0 CON till lvl 200? Also are you going to maintain the roughly 3;1 STR DEX ratio now or add more CON for the newer content? And the spear, you’re using a brandish right?

Hi Cathexis, I’m planning to have this type of build. What are your recommendations in stat distribution and should I go plate/leather? Thanks!

Yup thats a brandish… If your wearing plate armor set, CON is not required… I have high evasion, but when I do get hit its usually for 1 dmg… (or 250 dmg ~ 750 dmg from bosses) just make sure your always fully buffed

GASP!!!
Lunge -> Cleave -> Seisem -> GG
Thats a BIG DMG increase for seisem

And near 100% up time for Frenzy ._.

And War Cry is a little more reliable since both attributes add 2 sec to the CD

Also surprised that you didn’t respond to the rest of that post…
or did you just want me to post it here to help others? >_>

And lastly, you replied to this at 1 in the morning!?
get some rest child! ._.

1 Like

Greetings. I need advice how knowledgeable newcomer. I consider pelt2/rod3/drag stat 2/1 str/con(+com quest’s) dex 50 static. or pelt2/rod/hop2/drag. what can u say?)

It can be any options that I did not realize?

Do you think it’s good to get two sissel bracelets for the crit and PA stats on a high dex build?

or a balance of gladiator band+sissel is better? or maybe two gladiator bands? I currently got the money to buy two but meh the stats from both are good

Hello,I’m not sure which one should i play between this
**Swordsman > Peltasta > Hoplite C3 > Doppelsoeldner > Dragoon (Hight str)
and
**Swordsman > Peltasta > Barbarian C3 > Fencer C2 (High dex)

My main is PVE ,I love AOE,I like spear style but I also like fencer costume and Barb was buffed lately.So I’m not sure which one is better at grinding in high end game.
I saw your both build video and i surprised how good to grinding and boss killing by those build.
Sadly I don’t have much time to play both build. Could you give me some advice? Thank you.

Wait, WHAT!? Makes me wanna re-roll my character :sob: