Tree of Savior Forum

Going Full Rodelero 3 or Hoplite 3 after Peltasta 3?

I know what you guys are thinking after reading the title, BUT I just want to do it because it fits kinda a roleplay/tank build I want to go. Or yes…Im a masochist as some people may put.

What I am having a dilemma right now is the skills that go along with the Rodelero and Hoplite. Taking into consideration, full swashbuckler = 30 enemies pulled towards you…meh.

Hoplite 3’s finestra skill gives you +150 critical chance, +30% block, and -37 evasion fully skilled. Also lasts a full 75 seconds. However, Peltasta’s skill High Guard will bring the bonus crit down to +50 crit chance, -50% Atk Damage, but in return gives +240 Block. However only lasts 30 seconds out of the 60 second cooldown. The evasion loss is kinda meh but I still get some from Guardian attribute skill (+18%…meh)
So I guess you will still have a good block while High Guard is down but just not as much and return to your old damage. (Most likely my option)

Rodelero tree doesn’t really give much besides just more shield skills. Slithering is…interesting? 100% immunity to all forms of magic damage but not cc. Make enemies susceptible to strike attacks by 100% fully attributed, which is basically +100% damage with all your shield attacks.
It just seems like Rodelero just gives more dps to shield tank users than the hoplite but i’m not sure. However Slithering is very interesting. I like being an individual if I choose rodelero xD

Give me what you guys got. Constructive Criticism is great. Opinions are fine even if its swordsman hate :smiley: I will still love all you other classes.

Mainly i’m choosing this just in case if the higher level content coming out in the future will need something like this.

Targe smash only spreads burn if it is already there from a Pyro for example. It does not inflict it on its own.

Slithering does not increase evasion. Instead it provides 100% immunity to all forms of magic damage (not CC effects tho)

Oh…Oops read the skills wrong then xD

I advise not going Peltasta C3. It’ll be painfull to get there and at current meta, it’s not needed, Pelta C2 is enough already.

About Rodelero X Hoplite thing. I’m biased 'cause I hate spears, never used it in all mmos that I played but I’ll try to be fair.

You have to make a choice here. Hoplite gives you more damage and more block, but the thing is you’ll already be very strong against physical attacks. Rodelero is more tanklike just because of Slithering making you immune against magic attacks for 10 seconds. Damagewise, it depends if we’re getting that Rodelero+Barbarian patch that KToS got, I’m gonna hold my thoughts about this untill we can get a confirmation about that.

Another thing to take into consideration is, most Hoplite skills only work with one handed spears. What if at rank 8/9/10 we get another shield user class that only works with swords, maces or something ? But, if you’re going to forget about that and just focus on what we have now, just ignore this paragraph.

Ooooooooooooo~ Where can I find this Rodelero+Barb Patch?

You can see it here:

And here:

its been there for more then 2 weeks on ktos, MAYBE it will hit here, but its not 100% sure so dont base your builds on this