Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

I wondered about pel synergy, but if you think about it pel gives the kit you lack. Provoke More hp with atributes and a cc if you think u need it for only a wep swap.

@Cathexis, you should add a synergy section to each circle of each class, and maybe a PvP and PvE scaling / use, cause theres so many questions for you all the time that developping the guide some more might help with. That and maybe the overall worth of going to a further circle from the one before, and potential sacrifice/gains.

A section about 1hand+shield or 1hand+daguer vs a twohander might be a good addition.

People keep asking for builds and help, mostly because synergy of class is not quite as known as it could be, so maybe putting some more time in the guide, even if its longer then answering all these individual questions, might save you some time in the future.

Again, thanks for all your time so far, wish i could do something to help out some more.

@nazrious, Jolly Roger and Double pay both provide more silver, so in a sense they synergise, but they shouldnt multiply off of each other.

Also, for doppl vs dragoon, you might wanna invest in the one in which you wanna go further in. Going dragoon, once the rank 8 are there, you would still be able to go spear and daguer to go along with corsair C2, where doppel is two hander stuff, which doesnt complement it all that well. I do think dragoon might be preferable, but you can always weapon swap to get the best of both.

(pvp)
Wanna be good-survivable dps-delaer and idk which stats i should go
atm : 2:1 dex-str, 4:1 spr, sometimes i take con. Mb some advices for me? I have stat/skill reset.

@guillaume_bergevin
Thanks for the response mate. I was thinkign about dopple one and then rank 8 goign Drag instead of just jumping into drag for rank 7. To clarify my question at rank 7 does dragoon really offer considerably more than taking doppl at rank 7?

If I do

sword, pelt, Hop2, Cor2, Doppl > Dragoon
vs
Sword, Pelt Hop2, Cor2, Dragoon or Sword, Pelt, hop3, Doppl > Dragoon

I kinda just makes me wonder if Dopll circle 1 is so damn good wouldn’t it work for rank 7 just as well as rank 6 and also provide the bonuses of better farming etc. Just something I was thinking hard about. right now I am very leery of rushing the levels because I really want my first character to be my main, and not just something I will end up re-rolling because I went the wrong way.

Hello again, @Cathexis.

Could you please help me one more time with my new build? Here it is: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/e490cly0xc/

As you can see, it is a Dragoon focused on PvE, using Double Weapon Assault, and offering some utility (via debuff). Also, I have no intention of doing any kind of PvP with this build. I am actually looking for something that is capable of dealing a quite significant amount of AoE damage and single target damage (and survivability).

For now, I am doing 3 STR : 2 DEX : 1 CON. How often am I going to crit? Is it a good stat distribution for my character? I am investing in DEX because I have a few multi hit on my build and DWA, as you can see. Otherwise, maybe a build with high STR would be better. The DEX here is only for criting as I will be using Plate.

Also, is it true that Double Weapon Assault fall of later in the game? If yes, how much it does fall?

As there is no Finestra and Spear Lunge on my build, I intended to invest heavily on my skill rotation and debuff to increase my DPS. Basically, what I mean is: debuff my target, attack while DWA is active, and use every damaging skill on my kit while DWA is on cooldown. Repeat. Is it right?

And last, but not least: is my DPS going to be far inferior in comparison to someone who chose Hoplite instead of Highlander? To be honest, I do not like playing with Hoplite :smile:

Anyway, I thank you in advance.
Cya.

P.S: If Doppelsöldner is the only option for what I want (an excellent character for PvE capable of dealing a good amount of single target and AoE damage) then I will go for it.

It does work on dungeons as it was easy to tell when a run had a Corsair or not depending on the amount you got at the end of a full run. However, it could be different in our version and I don’t have a Corsair right now to test it out, so this probably would require some more testing.

It is also one of the main reasons why on kTOS many people gave priority to finding a Corsair for their party, especially for the 130 dungeon which is the one that gives the most silver in the game.

Mmm, I think either way is good.

Overall I am inclined to say that Dragoon might be the better option by a small margin, mainly because it gives you 4 new offensive skills to use on your kit. While Doppelsoeldner only gives you 1 but at the same time it is Cyclone, plus raw stats through Deeds of Valor.

I think that one you get to Corsair C2 and playing with it around for a while, you can decide if you would rather have more active skills to use or if you would prefer to add more damage to your current kit and increase your AoE with Cyclone.

Even though Cyclone is the strongest AoE, the Dragoon kit still offers some AoE to complement your kit if you do choose to purse that path.

It is okay to have a higher focus on STR than DEX, but don’t neglect DEX either, as you will need it to have a reliable source of Critical Rate as it will serve to complement your gems and equipment.

It is pretty difficult to exactly determine which one will have the highest DPS as both of them are pretty close.

If anything, I would say that each one might be stronger under different scenarios but overall they have a very similar DPS.

Congrats!

I think that for late game they are pretty much the same when it comes to dealing damage, as the highest damage sources you get come from other classes like Corsair, Fencer or Doppelsoeldner.

If anything, Barbarian still has an slightly edge when it comes to AoE, while Highlander has an slightly edge when it comes to single target. But both must meet certain conditions for them to really take advantage of their kit.

Barbarian recently got some buffs on kTOS, I believe that if we get those buffs in our version then Barbarian is going to pull ahead of Highlander in terms of dealing overall damage, mainly because of the higher up-time for Frenzy and War Cry.

They are fairly similar. Just pick the class you like more between Fencer and Shinobi, both builds offer you different tools to use in PvP, but since you have Corsair on both with Iron Hook then you have one main aspect of PvP covered, which is hard CC.

There is no best way to succeed at PvP, it comes down to your skill as a player.

Yeah, they are different buffs.

I recently made a comment about 1H Spear+Dagger with a Corsair->Dragoon when compared to a 2H Spear one here:

Yeah, I have been planning on updating it, but there is not much space left because of the capacity of characters each post is limited to (each post is pretty much maxed out), so I have been thinking of a different way to do it or reordering the guide or something.

I will do that later.

But I also like that people read, come up with a build they crafted themselves, then ask questions in here. I feel that way they understand a little better what their character is aimed for and what it will provide to them. All I do is just offer a different perspective on it.

But yeah, thanks for that.

You might want to add 1 point into Giant Swing and 1 point into Zornhau.

You need CON to survive in PvP, so you probably want something like 50~100 points into CON, 80~100 into DEX and the rest into STR to deal good damage.

It gives you more offensive skills to use (4 of them), while Doppel gives you 1 (Cyclone).

So it depends on how you feel with your character. If you would like to have more skills on your set then Dragoon would be a better option. Otherwise if you feel comfortable with your current skill sent, then Doppel will give you a great AoE skill and more raw damage from Deeds of Valor.

I would recommend for you to get first to Corsair C2, then try it out for a bit and when you get to know exactly how that build behaves you can decide if you would rather add more skills and go into Dragoon or more damage to your current kit and go into Doppelsoeldner.

I would suggest you to get at least level 1 of Cross Guard and Gae Bulg, mainly for the debuffs they offer.

You are gonna have a few multi-hits once you hit Dragoon, but overall I think it is a good stat distribution.

How often you will be landing critical hits also depends on your equipment and gems, so it is a good idea to invest into green gems once you are higher level to increase your Critical Rate, as well as other equipment that could help you to increase it.

It is not necessarily that it falls off, it is just that with Dragoon you gain a bunch of new skills to use so it is not as necessary to fill your rotation to deal damage. You might still use it from time to time though if you so desire.

You can still increase your pierce damage with Cross Guard though. But overall you will be more focused on dealing damage with your skills first then fill the rest with DWA.

A similar build with Hoplite on their build will deal a little bit more damage (and most likely have Peltasta too), but it is not something that you should worry too much about if you want to have a Highlander-based Dragoon build.

Your character is fine for single target, but you are not going to have much AoE until you get to Dragoon.

@semajarchmage

Speaking about kTOS changes for Barbarian. For anyone wondering, here is a recent post I made about them:

Hi, i got really interested in both corsair and barbarian and i noticed one of your recommended build includes barb c2 > corsair c2 > doppel , do you think swaping doppel for barb c3 would be bad for late game? i’m kind of ignorant about late game since i didn’t played any closed beta (im actually barb 2 atm)

@Cathexis

Hi there, Great work u do here so keep it up :slight_smile:
i have some need for your opinion My goal is to have a balance one that can play any aspect of the game (PVP, Tank dun, Solo) So i though around Fencer Build

Stat :
i prefer balance type so STR : CON : DEX / 2:2:2
it is ok for this build?

Class :
SW1 -> PE1 -> H3 ->Fen2
or
SW1->PE1->H1->Ro2-> Fen2
or
SW1->PE1->H3->Con1->Fen1

Which one u think is the best for allround build

Thank alot!

Thx for response :3 and what about equipment, plate or leather?

760 replies?
jesus people let @Cathexis play the game too ._.

1 Like

Thanks. That info was really interesting. Another question for you (or for anyone that lurks this thread), based in your experience, do you think that not picking Highlander 3 will really cripple my damage? Is Skull Swing (Armor break) really that important?

In my understanding, the highest damage sources at Fencer will come from Fencer skills so maybe there is no problem on picking a filler class for Rank 5 (Squire, I’m looking at you; Maybe Corsair, but I will need C2 for Hexen Dropper).

Sorry if I’m overthinking this :confused:

Reads everything

/20lolis

I think that overall it is better to pick something that gives you better tools for higher levels. In this case either Dragoon or Doppelsoeldner give you more damage tools compared to Barbarian C3, so I don’t think it is worth it to pick it that late at Rank 8.

If you want to play Highlander with Fencer, then I think your first class build is the better one.

For your stats, I think that is fine. You will want to stop CON at some point, when you feel comfortable with your HP and give those points to either DEX or STR, depending on the focus of your build.

Plate.

It is slowing down! (I think)

Most of the time, no.

There might be a few situations where it could provide to be useful, but if we consider every content in the game, then I would say most of the time it will not make a difference.

So if you really want to trade that circle for another class, I think it would be fine to do so.

1 Like

Can you turn that provoke attribute on and off? Or is it always on?

Thanks in advance!

You can turn it on/off.

1 Like

Question!

So I have a lvl 5 concentrate with maxed attribute, It does +111 damage for
“11 hits” but I noticed for skills like Stabbing it only takes one charge out of the 11 and procs on all stabbing hits… does it really add the flat damage for every stabbing hit or does it only add it for 1 hit and the rest of the numbers I see are fake ;o?

and lets say I get Elements (170 2hand spear) it adds 4 different elements to my attacks, would concentrate proc for all the 4 elements?

No it only takes one charge on multi hit skills.
its why i love it on fencer because all their skills hit at least 2 times, even though at the later levels its not a significant dmg boost

Pillaging does work in instances. If you want to pillage you need to max out jolly roger or it’ll almost never proc. Also, I think they ninja-nerfed the silver gain; it feels like pillaging gives way less money compared to iCBT2. I’ll know for sure when I get my corsair to C2 later today/tomarrow.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they nerfed it, as it was one of the most popular silver earning methods on kTOS.

Please keep us updated, will be interesting to know the current state of Jolly Roger in our version.

So i’ll use SW C2 - Hop c3 - dop c1 and dragoon c1 ( 3str;1Dex;1con), if you tell’s me that restrain isn’t a good choice, i will change one cicle of sw to peltasta. Thanks a lot!