Tree of Savior Forum

I live in japan is there any way to play international version..?

VPN.

a lot of my friend played at the iCBT using VPN + WTFast ( in Indonesia ). pretty good ping.

I didn’t know you meant it that way since some hardly understand anything and still live there.

WTFast is ping suicide, it’s like using 2 vpn at the same time.
And it don’t work, sending the data to a 3rd party server so it can send to the game server is surely to take more time than sending directly to it.

And I may be wrong but, if you use WTFast you may not need the VPN as it is like a VPN.

Not really, it reduced around 150-200ms ping for me in B&S.

sorry, my post wasn’t clear enough…

what i meant to say is. some use VPN, and some use WTFast

not that they use VPN then use the WTFast. but the point is, i think it would be good to play with them if you base internet itself is fast.

1 Like

Oh I understand now :slight_smile:

sure, you would be only limited to the vpn’s speed, how much ppl are using it at the same time, and the positioning of the vpn server so it don’t make useless travels around the globe.

if the VPN is faster than your own internet and only you using it, you probably wont notice changes in ping.

they used Ironsocket. and it’s a good paid VPN services… ( im not sure if i am supposed to encourage people to use VPN directly in the TOS forum though, although legally it’s fine to use them to play MMO )

but yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

thank you… use at my own risk…? is vpn illegal then…?

well it’s not like i don’t understand… i can speak and understand what they’re saying but reading takes a long time…

Some companies like SEGA and NEXON state in their ToS that they can ban you for using VPN. If I’m not mistaken, Netflix has also taken steps to block VPN users

Not illegal, but you are sending data to someone’s server so it can send to the game’s server then the game’s server send back to the VPN which sends to you.

Sending:
You >> VPN server >> Game server
Receiving:
Game server >> VPN server >> You

so the VPN server’s owner if ill intentioned may take a look at what you are sending/receiving.

Trying to steal random people’s information (relevant information) this way is not easy to do, and I personally think it’s not worth the effort, but It can happen, its possible.
In addition that I have nothing to do with the program in the link I sent, that’s why I said “use at my own risk”.

I never saw someone banning VPN users, but I read in some Terms of service things like this:
If by any way the user make use of our service outside of the countries allowed we have the right to ban It’s user account without warning.

Some don’t block the VPN itself but the use of their service outside of the allowed territory.
In those cases you could, being on America use a vpn from America, even though it’s kind of nonsense to do.

Yeap, it’s their choice to ban you as stated in their ToS. ToS states that you are prohibited from connecting to a terminal in the country of service from another country. Some people got banned using VPN for PSO2 too if I’m not mistaken. So use at your own risk

1 Like

I’ll take a look in ToS’s ToS (was waiting for the chance to say it :no_mouth:) to see if they say something about it, then I’ll edit this comment.

I found this (with my interpretation regarding VPNs):
“You may not engage in any usage or distribution of illegal programs unrecognised by IMC Games.”
(comment: VPNs are not illegal by nature, neither It’s usage is explicitly said to be illegal on This ToS, you may want to ask a Staff about this).

“you may not engage or attempt to engage in any of the followings:
- Monitoring or saving the network packets corresponding between the Game and the Server.”
(comment: The VPN functionality is not to monitor neither store the packets, so I think it’s ok).

“Account security – You are liable and responsible for any results from actions you engage in safeguarding your accounts, including, but, not limited to, password protection, running virus checks, disabling file sharing, and disabling third-party programs.”
(comment: VPN is a third-party program, that’s why the “use at your own risk”. If anything happen to your personal information, it will be your own responsibility).

“IMC Games reserves the right to close, temporarily or permanently, any user’s account without advance notice as we deem necessary. Furthermore, we reserve the right to delete all user accounts or inventory of characters as warranted.”
(comment: they may change their mind and decide that VPN is Illegal and ban you account.
If you ask the staff about VPN being illegal and if they say that it’s not, I believe it will be highly unlike that they change their mind about it).

Not alloweeeeddd tooooo .xD

And by that i mean.
Ban able offense.

No linking to things like that.

1 Like

:sob: Let them ban me, I don’t care about IMC anymore, they don’t care about my first account not being able to login.
they even ignored my “Notice me senpai.”
(“Error updating information, contact site admin” -> Can’t login at the forum ).

“- Attempting to connect to the Game’s Server through the means other than the Game client provided by IMC Games.”

A little vague, may affect some VPN for all you know.

1 Like

Even with VPN you will be using the game client, I don’t think that the usage of VPN is considered as:
“Attempting to connect to the Game’s Server through the means other than the Game client”,
as the VPN is about your internet connection only.
It’s still the game client communicating with the server.

This point is probably talking about trying to communicate with the server through other programs, modified clients and things like that.

But yes It’s vague, that’s why I mention it.
All quotes mentioned where those which I wasn’t sure about.

naw, you should be ok.

to date, i have never heard any publisher / dev ban players that are using VPN to play.

1 Like

VPN is something we do not allow or promote as it bypasses the region lock agreement IMCGAMES has signed with overseas partners.

I understand the intentions of the users who posted here so I’ll only be locking this thread. If it causes further dispute, please note that I may have to delete the thread and any other threads stemming from this topic.

2 Likes