Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge C3 - The Buff Slave

Why Thaumaturge C3:

• insanly good buffs with Swell-Arm (MORE DAMAGE) / Brain (MOAAAR INT).
    • you will be able to make Monsters big and fluffy with Swell-Body. OH! Did i mentioned that they will give DOUBLE EXP ?!
    • not the best for soloing, since it’s a support class and excels in Parties .
    • It’s a class for people who have Friends // but the folks will love you for your cute SDGirl buff, so maybe you can make some friends that way…
    • Outshadowed by Chronomancer C3, they are the more all-round supporter class & Thauma is like a flatt-damage buff Totem (with extras). But hey! You could have both in your party for the utility AND damage!
  • the Costume looks good on Males (the female one sucks…)

About me:

I’m Fuyuki a lv 180 ( wiz > pyro > linker > thaum C3 ) on Gabija in iCBT2
aka. Tatsumaki on Orsha.
Buff-Slave of “Rabbit Yam”, Maid for rent, Leader of the SD Girl Society.

Thaumaturge Skill Analysis:

• Swell left arm (main / Circle 1)
    It’ your first buff skill that you will get at circle 1.
    The effect is a simple flat 304 dmg/magic dmg (at lv.15 & lv. 50 attribute) to party members around you with 100% up time at level 5. (100s/50s)

• Swell right arm (sub / Circle 2)
    It’s almost the same as swell left arm, but it will increase the arm holding the sub weapon instead.

• with a 2 handed weapon / sub dmg weaponIt will give flatt 261 dmg.

• with a shield as subIt will give flatt 271 defence (that’s A LOT!! A set of level 170 Plate Top&Pants onlx gives you around 150 def! I will often swich to shield when im with my party since it gives so much defence)

• with nothing in the right arm You will get 24% Evasion & Accuracy (extra attribute) (75s/50s)
    *stats from lv.10 skill & 50 attribute, both max level.

• Swell Brain (making your whole party into SD characters! / Circle 3)
    At max lv 5 and lv 50 att. It will give every party member near you +145 INT !
    Downside is that it wont benefit members with physical attack, aside from making them cute…
    You could go with a high Int build to do even MORE damage or allocate more points to CON be tankier and do ‘normal’ damage. (Your magic dps Friends will hit like a Truck though lol)
    it will have a 10s downtime even when maxed. (50s/60s)

// Only swell arm buffed characters are kinda ugly. It will only looks cute after you get swell Brain…

// swelling them to big, Fluffy Baymas or shrink them to cute, little Tibbes

• Swell Body (overload, 2 charges)
    It will make Monster big, cute and Fluffy.Increasing the Size of Monsters while doubeling the HP, EXP & Drop!
    // It doesn’t double the drop rate but will give you double the items which you normally would got
    // ex. 2 recipes instead of 1.
    Getting more level into the skill will just increase the duration & the count of monsters that you can swell with a cast. In my expierience most of the random-put-together-Parties aren’t well cordinated enough to kill the monsters in time.
    That’s why I would often build the party up myself if I’m playing with others.
    Something like : LFM, no barbs / LF: DPS, no swordies, or kicking every Corsair (without shield bulk) that joins the party and getting called a racist in all-chat afterwards…
    // the Attribute gives the skill a 0.6x m.atk nuke on swelled Monster upon cast. (on CBT // guess the tool tip is wrong)

• Shrink body
    Never used the skill since our party would already kill the monsters fast enough with all the buffs.
    But let’s theorycraft here: the Swell-left-arm-attribute (Enhance Left Arm: Shrink Size Speciality) will give you +140dmg on every attack. And with (Shrink Body: Movement Speed Increase) you can give them 60% movement speed while decreasing their attack by 75%.
    All in all this skill could be actually usefull !! if you fight strong Mobs. You can basicly make them little Rilakkumas every 25s (with a x2 overload!)
    // but now here’s the reality: after you spend 15 points on Left Arm, 10 on Right, 5 on Brain, 1 on Reversi, you will have only 14 Points left to spend. Now’s the question do you want to get 14 on Swell Body for the 19s Duration (lv 5 - 10s, lv 10 - 15s) or allocate some points into Shrink Body? It’s just a question of: how fast can your Party kill a group of Mobs. (i guess i will take 4-5 points into it, if i had to play the class again.)

• Transpose
    It looks good on Paper, if you have 200 Int + Swell brain, you will have around 30k after using Transpose. Downside: you need to invest a lot of levels into this skill to make it last long.
    It has a 70s Cooldown. Durations: lv 1 - 60s , lv 5 - 100s, lv 10 - 150s, lv 15 - 200s (+10 every level).
    // the max current HP will reset to the max normal HP upon every cast
    // ex. normally you have 10k hp / after you cast transpose (asuming you will get+10k hp) 10k/20k hp. Even if you pot up to 20k/20k you will get reseted back to 10k/20k after the cast.
    ** note: we are talking about an Int-Build here. It’s very useful for Con builds - Indeed
    ** Youtube: Con-Build & Transpose
    // another use is: that you get 1 level into it and use it to regen some HP with bonfire.

I can confirm that this technique of recovering HP is EXTREMELY useful for Int build. If you are down to 2-3 k HP while your soloing, there is no way you can back to max HP faster than
transpose + bonfire. Even you spam lvl 5 concentrated potion. Also you
can let it regen pass Max HP then go tackle boss, by the time you got HP
back down to the original max HP, you can switch it off. - @Pyroxys

• Reversi (Circle 2)
    just put 1 point into it (maxed). It’s a “disspell” on magic-circles with 3 charges/Overload.

Recommended Builds:

Rushing Thaumaturge C3 (6 total)

// Rush it as fast as possible since the Buffs give flatt-Status increase, instead of % .
The sooner you have them the better. You will party up A LOT and solo play would be just to kill time, doing quests when your friends arent around.

• Cyromancer C2 > Thauma C3 > Cyro C3
    recommended! : you will be playing exactly like the popular full support Cyro3/Chrono3, but just with Thaumaturge instead of Chronomancer

• Cyromancer > Psychochino > Thauma C3 > Free
    The reason to take this route is mainly for the Icewall + PsychicPressure Combo to do burst damage. OH! and i hope you have friends that are taking you up there until C7 since you wont have much constant DPS.
    // ideas for c7: Warlock or Featherfoot. Since there is not really any good 1-Circle-Class with decent buffs, i would recommend you to take one of the new classes to fill in some damage.

• Pyromancer > Linker > Thauma C3 > Free
    (not recommended anymore! Linker c1 got nerfed hard!)
    I personally went with this build in iCBT2, it makes solo-leveling so much easier. But after the 3. Advancement you can feel that you will do a lot less dmg to monsters in comparision to before. Even worse at A4 and after A5 you would be better off just linking Monsters and let your party do the rest. Ps. Solo playing is almost impossible after A5 with this build since you will do too low dmg to elite monsters.
    // ideas for c7: Linker C2, since Linker got nerved you need to have at least 2 Circles in it to do any decent job.

• Pyromancer C2 > Thauma C3 > Free
    *as a note Pyro will fall off late game if they don’t buff the class since they are doing flatt dmg. However! you will have a good time leveling in the early stages with Pyromancer, since they are one of the best early classes
    // ideas for c7: Pyro C3 for more dmg or either Warlock/Featherfoot.

Sacrificing 1 Circle for more damage (7 total)

// Keep in mind that you will delay your Buffs this way & you wont be able to pick Warlock or Featherfoot until c8

• Pyro C3 > Thauma C3
    Pyromancer is THE DPS CLASS! The damage per second POTENTIAL is Amazing (if every Skill get to hit to their full POTENTIAL). But then again, Fireballs never really stay that long on the Target. But with 3 Circles into Pyro you would have so many nukes, that you won’t really feel like a support Class. (sorry, haven’t tested Pyro C2 & 3 myself, but i can tell just by partying up with them that they have great POTENTIAL)

• Cyro 3 > Thaum C3
    Going Cyromancer C3 means : You will get a Snowball, rolling over your Enemiesr & a Big Tree that is kinda like a little Blackhole, sucking everything in.

• Pyro/Cyro > Linker C2 > Thauma C3
    Since they nerfed Linker C1 you need to get 2 Circles into that class to do any decent job, as mentioned above.

• Cyro > Psycho > Thaum C2 > RuneCaster > Thaum C3
    This route will get Rune Caster at Rank 6. Mainly for the (rune of ice > icewall > psychic) Combo. Or even to just cast “Rune of Ice” for any other Wizards in your party. BUT BEWARE!! since you don’t have WizardC3’s quickcast, you will have a awefull long casttime on those runes.

Let’s take a look at my Build for the iCBT2 as an example

• Pyromancer > Linker > Thauma C3
    Skill Simulator : Buff-Slave
    // Pyromancer is one of your biggest Power Spikes, but will fall off after A4 A5
    // i took only 1 point in Physical Link, since i will mostly stand behind our Magic dps and link her/him & we had a linker C2 in our Party, that linked everyone if needed.
    // you will have 9 points left to allocate points into your Thaumaturge tree. 4 in your Linker tree.

Leveling:

• depending on your build you can solo up to level 145 (iCBT2)
  • constructor chapel > mage tower > demon prison (doing every quest that you can)
  • after that it would be faster to get a party and farm at Demon Prison.
  • i don’t really have a good spot for 175+ since i stop grinding after the advancement at 178

Notes from my Expierence playing as a C3 Thaumaturge in iCBT2

• you will have to cast those buffs A LOT and really often, even worse if you have to link stuff. There isnt much time for you to spam dps.
  • You wont need good gear since the other Party members will do the work for you.
  • that doens’t mean that you will have a lot money left since you aren’t an alchemist/squire and it’s quite hard to farm stuff solo since you do so little damage.
  • maxing left/right arm Attribute before brain is more cost-effective (i only got brain to lv 20 then switched to right arm, since my left arm was already maxed).
  • I rocked the standard Wizard Outfit till the End of beta since Pyro- Link- Thaum- are all kinda ugly
  • Peltasa has the shortest Skirt in TOS & Corsairs are just gorgeous.
  • Gabija best Girl.

tldr;

• those buffs are awesome rush Thaum3 if you want to be the buff slave of the party.
  • You will be a +565 dmg +145 Int Buff Totem.
  • it’s a party-dependent class and excels in it.

*feel free to ask me any questions i will try my best to answer them whenever i have the time to do so.
*most of the text here is my personal opinion. I don’t take any responsibility if there’s any misinformation written here.

10 Likes

Oh, Man. XD I’ll never forget you, Fuyuki. The Fun we had in Fedimian that day is forever etched in to my Screenshots folder.

Love, Dulces.

:yum:

5 Likes

It doesnt. It deals 60% of your MATK when you swell, once. Useless.

Is good for high Int build to recover hp during solo play or for high Con PvP build to transform into decent damaging PvE type. Attribute: equilibrium is useless. Recasting/keeping it up is kinda pointless because it will reset your HP upon recast.

Swell brain does work for swordies if you have linker C2 with buff sharing: Physical link > buff sharing > swell brain > transpose.

I think female thauma costume is one of the better ones.

Wtf dulces. SD Girls, pls.

uhh…

I have a Thauma c1 myself and think I’ll go for at least c2 to fully get access to FULL YAOI HANDS MODE!!!

…that big head is rly cute tho.

1 Like

Edit: Transpose reseting- & Swell Brain Attribute- Mechanics
Thanks for the contribution!

ps. i think Chrono & Alch & Standard Wizard are the prettiest, but that’s just me XDD

Nah thats true, chrono and wiz are the cutest. Its a shame the other ones are… well. Meh. There are lots of ppl going chrono only for the dress :wink:

Transpose is more than look good on paper, it is VERY USEFUL.
I got 100 CON with 10k HP, and when my HP is half at 5k, I sacrifice half into INT. If my HP continues to go down to 2k, I gave up all my CON for INT. Even at level 1, it is very enough.

Transpose is meant for CON builds, I don’t think it is meant for INT builds.

1 Like

I have 7k HP on my pyro c2 > linker > thauma. When i use Transpose i have 24k and can regen it up to 7k (full) in about 20-30 sec near bonfire. Cancel Transpose > continue grinding. Also potions regen HP better if you have high Con, even if temporary (you’ll need to pop Transpose before using potion).

But I don’t think that is the purpose of the skill. In my experience, when there is a long fight as a CON build, you popup Transpose for the very end burst damage to finish your component, particularly a close fight (this is how you win, grind than finish with a burst). I don’t think it is meant to sit and rest in a non-combat situation. Popping Swell Brain and all the buffs at once for the burst makes a lot of sense to me on how a C3 Thaumaturge is designed. It is not meant for INT build, it is meant for a defense first, than pop everything you got on an opening last effort in a close fight.

doesnt mean that you cannot use it for regen as Int build, right?

I love the presentation
NICE guide :+1:

I have a thaumaturge friend who loves swell body, and swelling blue mobs is our favorite moments (until the bug occurs) :sparkles:

I never said you can’t, I am saying it is not meant for that purpose.
You can always use the unsharp side of the knife while never use the sharp side.

Have you ever used it that way before saying it’s not for that purpose? The purpose of transpose is to “Swap Int and Con”, that’s all.

@nizidr I can confirm that this technique of recovering HP is EXTREMELY useful for Int build. If you are down to 2-3 k HP while your soloing, there is no way you can back to max HP faster than transpose + bonfire. Even you spam lvl 5 concentrated potion. Also you can let it regen pass Max HP then go tackle boss, by the time you got HP back down to the original max HP, you can switch it off.

I would consider this to be useful for both high Int and high Con built.

question: Does Swell Left arm affect 2H weapons like Staves??

Left Arm is the main Arm in this game, so yes you will get 304dmg & another 261dmg with Swell right Arm

1 Like

Obviously used the max CON for HP recovery ever since level 1, but I do not believe the skill is for off combat, and it is definitely meant more than just swap between INT and CON, as the attribute indicates that you can make adjustment between half full or fully swap, and the skill duration lasting for 3 mins seems to be a buff in a long run more than for a short rest.

Again, you can use the non sharp area of the knife to chop things and satisfy with it, but the design of a knife is meant to use the sharp section, that’s all for a knife.

Having a CON based Wizard is exactly what I expected from Ragnarok Online, now Tree of Savior, as I expect all classes should have synergy with different stats distribution. Same as Monk as the STR build for Cleric (and you can have INT based Monk, but just it is meant for STR), Thaumaturge is the Wizard CON based class.

It says it gives you +(physical and magic) attack damage on the Left Arm regardless of weapon. The difference between 2H or Bow and Duel are Right hand, it has nothing to do with Left hand.

The skill is meant for swapping Int and Con. That’s all there is to it. You are foolishly assuming how it’s supposed to be used, trying to push a “one true purpose” onto it. It’s a utility, and you serve its purpose by utilizing it for whatever.

1 Like

Basically what @thowawaym said.

This skill is for BOTH “high Int” OR “high Con” to be VERSATILE. There is no point to say what is the True way to use it. (by the way have you read my whole post? I also give some example to use it IN COMBAT)

This skill makes my build solo lvl 200 dungeon as a high Int build effectively. Have you tried it yet before saying it’s not for this purpose?

By the way, I also tried full Con build which I found quite unsatisfying coz you can have 60% more Int (due to class bonus) then swap it back to get much much higher Con than the full Con build.

“Some?” You mean a lot. Pyromancer C2 is all you need to dish out more damage than a good number of classes even when compared to rank 6 because of how damage is calculated, even more so if you’re also a thaumaturge to boost your pyro skills. The name of the game is mutihits, and multihits are something pyromancers have plenty of.