Tree of Savior Forum

Thauma/Chrono build

Hi ~

With rank 8 announced I’m thinking of doing this build :

Wiz1>Pyro1>Linker1>Thau2>Chrono3 OR Wiz1>Pyro2>Thau2>Chrono3

But I’m still a newbie, idk if it’s good or not, what do you think ?

Hi there. I’ve written a small text here to help you out with your decision. I hope this can be helpful.

Possible Combinations

1) Thau + Pyro works fine and can carry you as a semi-DPS. Pyro2 Thau2 is a nice way to go, since Pyro is a multi-hit class that gets a lot of benefits from the damage boosts Thaumaturge offers.

2) Pyro + Linker is one of the oldest combinations and it sure works; Linker1 is enough for it, but your damage won’t be anything impressive with Pyro1, so it is best to take at least Pyro2.

3) Pyro + Chrono is another solid combination; bear in mind, however, that you need Chrono3 to be optimal and Pyro1 is not enough to be a semi-DPS, since Chrono doesn’t contribute with your damage.

Support vs. Semi-DPS

Ultimately, you must choose which support classes you want to add to the Pyro class and if you will take Pyro1 or Pyro2.

If you want to be more of a support, having a little bit of DPS just for doing quests alone, Pyro1 could work, otherwise I suggest sticking with Pyro2.

The tricky choice here is 8th circle. is it worth to burn your Rank 8 slot adding a Linker, another Thau or another Pyro? I suggest you to wait to see the Sage class abilities (it seems to be a great addition to Pyro builds).

Suggestions

1) Wiz>Pyro2>Linker>Chrono3>Sage: This is probably the most fail-proof option; after the Sage class is released, if you feel it doesn’t suit your build, you could swap it with Thau1.

2) Wiz>Pyro2>Thau>Chrono3>Sage: This build does more damage than the previous one, but the Linker support is usually great than Thau1 and bear in mind that in some groups, Thau1 buffs won’t be welcomed. Just like the previous one, you could swap Sage with Linker or Thau2.

3) Wiz>Pyro>Linker>Thau2>Chrono3: This build doesn’t do a lot in terms of DPS; instead, you took a bit of every support class you could. Thau2 is much more solid as a support instead of Thau1 and Linker is always welcomed. A great support, but struggles at dealing damage, even with the Thau2 buffs. Again, look at Sage, but it probably won’t be very helpful here, since you only got Pyro1.

Those are my thoughts on it. A lot of conjectures on unreleased content, though, so I recommend you wait a little bit before making structural decisions.

1 Like

Thanks you so much for your reply !

For Sage as rank 8 I was thinking of doing Wiz3>Pyro3>Warlock1>Sage so, I don’t think I’m gonna take Sage with my Thaumaturge character, but I’ve a question if I don’t take chrono’ what can I take with Pyro & Thau ?

Hum, Thaumaturge is quite the underrated class (just like Pyro), so you do not see it in play quite often, but it does have a great potencial.

I personally quite enjoy Thau3 because of Swell Brain and one of the builds I would love to do would be Pyro3>Thau3. I also think it would be quite effective as a Pyro2>Linker>Thau3 instead. On both of them, however, your forsake Chrono3.

Besides Swell Brain, you also have Transpose, which is tricky, but also very powerful if you go full INT.

If you want to stick with Pyro2>Thau2 (instead of picking up Pyro3 or Thau3), however, you can bring Linker back into the equation and finish it up with another damaging Rank 7 class (be it Warlock of Featherfoot).

Wiz>Pyro2>Linker>Thau2>Featherfoot2 seems quite appealing; I would love to see that into play as well. Featherfoot benefits a lot from Linker+Thau2, just like Pyro, so it would be a nice addition to a more DPS focused build.

So, to sum it up, the 2 options I enjoy out there are:

1) Wiz>Pyro3>Thau3, ending with either Linker, Sage, Warlock or Featherfoot at Rank 8.

2) Wiz>Pyro2>Thau2>Linker>Featherfoot2

Those are the ones I think benefits the most from Pyro+Thau, disregarding the Chrono3.

1 Like

Thanks again for your reply !

I think I’m gonna take Wiz>Pyro3>Thau3 !
But for rank 8 I don’t think Linker is a good choice because of Enchanter.
Wiz>Pyro3>Thau3>Sage is the more interesting I think (I said that I didn’t think to have a second Sage character but yeah, in this case I think it’s better).

But I was wondering if I take Pyro3>Thau3 I need to put some point in CON ? Because in the case of doing chrono3 full INT (with transpose to be full CON) was obivous but if I go semi-dps how many point in CON I should put ?

Well, when you are going with a Transpose build, full INT is usually better (although there are cases of going full CON); you basically have 2 different modes you can activate: attack mode and defense mode; there is no middle term (but both modes are quite effective at what they do).

If you go Semi-DPS, however, you need to find the balance between INT and CON (and sometimes SPR as well), in order to be able to survive while dealing a respectable amount of damage.

In my own build, I invested in CON until I was satisfied with my survivability; I stopped putting points in it when my CON reached 100 (by the time, my INT was around 250~300), so my suggestions is to keep an INT-CON rate of 5-2 (that is, if you think going full INT with Transpose is not your style).

It’s important to keep in mind, however, that this rate is effective for PvE, not PvP. Builds for PvP are usually much more centered in CON, since you need a higher survivability.

Sticking to a formula, however, isn’t usually the wisest choice; you should start with a plan (for example, the 5-2 INT-CON rate) and change it along the way, based on your feel of the character :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok ok, and if I go full INT and use attribute of Transpose, It’s good enough or it’s better to have CON without transpose ? Btw I’m not gonna play PvP, PvE only.

If you use the Transpose attribute for a balanced INT-CON rate, with the right equipment, you will be quite bulky when compared to someone like me, that invested only 100 in CON with no Transpose.

With Transpose on, you don’t have to worry about having no points invested in CON. The only issue of going full INT is that while you are in your “attack mode”, you will be the glassiest of all glass cannons.

So it depends on you, if you prefer to completely sacrifice survivability over damage while in “attack mode” or if you would like to have a little more HP & defense even while in “attack mode”, to prevent you for being one shoted, at the cost of a little bit of power.

From what I see, people usually go full INT, but I recommend you put a few points there (it doesn’t have to be 100; you can spend about 10~20 and see how it goes), but bear in mind that there are setbacks, since the top reason to go Transpose is to maximize the INT-CON exchange.

There are some glass cannon builds that disregard CON completely, but from my experience this isn’t very effective. I suppose they play better than me, rellying in their reflexes to manually avoid damage by running around in a non-lagged environment, which isn’t my case :disappointed:

There are a few Thaumaturge guides out there that explain that a lot better. Perhaps you would be interested in reading them. I suggest this one for a start: [Guide] Thaumaturge C3 - The Buff Slave

1 Like

Thanks for your help Shishiwashi !

You’re welcome, I quite enjoy spending time thinking about builds and combinations! It’s half of the fun in Tree of Savior!